CAMPAIGN FOR A FAIR WAGE ON SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A movie is something you watch, maybe enjoy and forget.

A great movie is one you watch, enjoy, forget some, but then watch again, enjoy, and remember some more.

A really great movie is one you just keep watching.

This nekro thread is best reburied. 

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

A movie is something you watch, maybe enjoy and forget.

A great movie is one you watch, enjoy, forget some, but then watch again, enjoy, and remember some more.

A really great movie is one you just keep watching.

This nekro thread is best reburied. 

Why people think responding to necro threads to say "It needs to be buried" always confused me.

Your reply bumps it back up, if you truly believe it should be gone and forgotten then why reply? 

7 hours ago, Zack Massiel said:

Why people think responding to necro threads to say "It needs to be buried" always confused me.

Your reply bumps it back up, if you truly believe it should be gone and forgotten then why reply? 

Good point but when it's already bumped, a few more replies aren't going to make much difference.

What I don't udnerstand though, is how do people find these threads in the masses of old forum threads?

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Good point but when it's already bumped, a few more replies aren't going to make much difference.

What I don't udnerstand though, is how do people find these threads in the masses of old forum threads?

most likely they are searching around on google for some kind of answer  or they they are a normal forum user and know the search function, but are also ignoring the warning about bumping of old topics and then sometimes, new people come along, think this is face book and just bump it anyways because "it's not rude"  while myself as a very old bbs/forum user consider it very rude to bump old topics,  when a new topic could be created as to not drag old drama and issues up. 

5 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

This one was specifically linked by its OP, in a thread started by the one that Necroed the thread.

4 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Oh, I know why this 2015 thread is here. It was started a thread Monday, where someone asked:

And so, @clivesteelposted a link to his own thread from 2015 so we all should read it.

Just now, Solar Legion said:

This one was specifically linked by its OP, in a thread started by the one that Necroed the thread.

I was writing this when you posted, lol.

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What I don't understand is why the need to make new threads for topics that have been covered over and over again. Seems much more parsimonious to just continue using one that already exists.

In most cases I agree, however certain topics need new threads because situations change over time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What I don't understand is why the need to make new threads for topics that have been covered over and over again. Seems much more parsimonious to just continue using one that already exists.

I don't think there should be a strict rule against resurrecting old threads. But we need to be a bit careful about it, partly because some of those old threads are rather longish and often full of digressions partly because of the half-life of facts.

Much of what was said a few years ago is outdated, sometimes because SL has changed, sometimes because we've learned more since then.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.