Rumoured restriction on SL log-in times,,,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ren Toxx wrote:

arabellajones wrote:

I have been told that I am only allowed to connect to SL for 86400 seconds per day!

Is this true?

Yes.

I totally agree, it is the truth and nothing but the truth. :matte-motes-nerdy:

There is nothing we can do about it. We just have to live with this weird limitation. :smileytongue:

arabellajones wrote:

I have been told that I am only allowed to connect to SL for 86400 seconds per day!

Is this true?

Oh this is totally false, you didn't get the correct value that factors in the unscheduled down times :P

Averaged out it comes closer to 86000

You can use this lost 400 seconds of access to go to the bathroom...

Drew Bhalti wrote:

no they tried this once before with "premium logins" during high loads, that bit them in the ass.   they will not do that again. 

Ohhh sign me up - You mean I can get more than 86400 seconds of online time per day. Where do I sign up? Is Time Travel involved? :P

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Drew Bhalti wrote:

no they tried this once before with "premium logins" during high loads, that bit them in the ass.   they will not do that again. 

Ohhh sign me up - You mean I can get more than 86400 seconds of online time per day. Where do I sign up? Is Time Travel involved?
:P

Careful. LL will probably charge 2 more seconds of tier to make up for the leap second.

arabellajones wrote:

Is this true?

Yes, it is true - with one exception.

There is a day each fall when you will be allowed to connect 90,000 seconds. But that is only one day per year.

LL's top people are looking for a way to allow us to connect for longer times every day, but so far no luck.

Marybeth Cooperstone wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

You can use this lost 400 seconds of access to go to the bathroom...

You can go to the bathroom while still connected.

Well, I was thinking that for some, the desire to NOT to wander away from an active session might be so strong that this 400 second enforced downtime could be a blessing in disguise - :P

You know that picture I so don't want to post regarding this topic? I saw it in the forums here once and I still can't unsee it. Ugh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.