Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:45 AM, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Uuuugh I'm dying.
It's 31°c / 87.8°F here today. Hottest day will be thursday with 35°C/95°F, and of course, it's pretty humid.
I've hung a tablecloth onto my window, so the dreaded afternoon-sun doesn't roast me alive.

Decided to switch from plain rice to  whole-wheat rice today. I allready switched to whole wheat noodles some time ago. I'm a desaster in the kitchen (although I LOVE to watch american cooking shows.), but I'm trying to get better at that and be a bit more healthy. Also, I really need to lose my fear of seasoning.

Went to the local Telekom-shop today, to ask them wtf is up with my internet being almost non existent. The nice person at the counter told me that my router, or rather it's model, is known to have issues with VDSL. Oh, okay. It would have been nice if the person who sold me the new VDSL Plan and the other person I had to ask, or the technician who enabled it in my apartment, all of whom knew my router, told me that beforehand. Gottverdammt.
At least it's easy enough to fix that. I'm going to bring them my old one, and get a new one rented for the same price. 
But I need to find my access data, else I'm going to have to order a new one. I'm really bad with paperwork. Or order. I'm the personification of chaos, really.

First, congratulations on being a contributor to what must be the most comment-filled, humorous, and enjoyable Monday for "Where are all my friends" in a very long time. A whole page of fun. Don't know why I missed it

But that's not really why I called. Now that you've dropped "I'm the personification of chaos" in here, you really should work out a new 'title' to celebrate that. I know, I know, mine still has boring old "Advanced Member", but you should be creative, Gottverdammt! And don't worry that Maddy will want to steal it; she's much too happy with Nefarious. ;-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

First, congratulations on being a contributor to what must be the most comment-filled, humorous, and enjoyable Monday for "Where are all my friends" in a very long time. A whole page of fun. Don't know why I missed it

But that's not really why I called. Now that you've dropped "I'm the personification of chaos" in here, you really should work out a new 'title' to celebrate that. I know, I know, mine still has boring old "Advanced Member", but you should be creative, Gottverdammt! And don't worry that Maddy will want to steal it; she's much too happy with Nefarious. ;-)

Well, what can I say - I aim to please! Myself, mostly. With cake. 

For me to be able to set a custom title here will propably take at least two eternities. I don't post that often - I got little to say, at least compared to most others. 
Also, nameing things is haaard and so are titles! 
I'd never worry about Maddy stealing things. I'd worry about her burning them. Well, I guess if my future title's gonna get burned to the ground, at least the search for a culprit would be pretty short!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I would have called you the spotted one, because you got spots! (And it sounds cute)

You could bet your ears I'd lose the spots soon after, because I'm fickle like that and always turn back to my default look after a while,  which is a rather plain elf who's skintone is somewhere between "Glows in the snow" and "an albino would be considered tanned next to me".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

You could bet your ears I'd lose the spots soon after, because I'm fickle like that and always turn back to my default look after a while,  which is a rather plain elf who's skintone is somewhere between "Glows in the snow" and "an albino would be considered tanned next to me".

But...spots...! (Although I support all elven-kind!)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

But...spots...! (Although I support all elven-kind!)

Me too, even Orsimer!

And now I've forgotten what I wrote, because my internet failed me as soon as I hit submit. At least the disconnects are fairly short, as opposed to hours. Still, it's annoying, I wanna be inworld. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

because my internet failed me as soon as I hit submit.

image.png.aef3476d4227d04be2787d8558ac8c31.png

Sukubia sorry for your internet problems, here are some things to do when it is down:)

1.  Go to the library and check out a book  (yeah right)

2.  Go to the video store and rent a DVD (good luck finding a video store)

3.  Call a friend on the phone (who talks on the phone anymore)

4.  Write a letter and mail it  (when is the last time you have done that)

5.  Sit patiently by the computer screen waiting for SL to magically reappear  (best option!)  

Good luck getting back in world:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Jameson2001 said:

image.png.aef3476d4227d04be2787d8558ac8c31.png

Sukubia sorry for your internet problems, here are some things to do when it is down:)

1.  Go to the library and check out a book  (yeah right)

2.  Go to the video store and rent a DVD (good luck finding a video store)

3.  Call a friend on the phone (who talks on the phone anymore)

4.  Write a letter and mail it  (when is the last time you have done that)

5.  Sit patiently by the computer screen waiting for SL to magically reappear  (best option!)  

Good luck getting back in world:)

That picture is actually painfully true for me. Multiple times. >_< 

Those are good suggestions that all kind of don't apply for me. xD I'm already reading a book, I got 4 dvd's, my phone's dead when my internet is down, my handwriting is so bad, even I can't decypher it! Number 5 is solid! 

Currently I'm playing Skyrim's special edition to check out a few of the bigger story mods. That keeps me fairly busy, but I'm a little afraid to play when it's that hot. PC's in my care have the tendency to die of heat strokes. So even if my internet would allow it, I'd propably only online late evenings/nighttime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Okay!
So I went to the Telekom-store today, with my old router... turns out, didn't have to bring that with me yet, since they SEND the new router to my home and I only have to bring in the old one when the new one has arrived. So.. basicially I took my old router for a walk in the park.  I could've left it at the store, but I was kind of afraid the new one would arrive next week, so.. yeah, went home, new router already there. Installed it (which is a bit more troublesome than nessesary due to the setup of my home.), and guess what, Internet!

Let's hope the disconnects are a thing of the past now. 
Also, it's so hot, I'm even more dying. 35°C/95°F. 

There's a canival faire pretty soon where I live, it's 100m down the road, on a big parking lot - usually, my bus stops there, but due to the faire it doesn't, so I have to walk 20 minutes.
But walking 20 minutes while hauling around a seemingly metric ton of grocceries, in that heat, is almost as bad as Clover stealing my cakes.

Can't wait for a freak blizzard.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Would that be a rare and unexpected massive snowstorm, or a large congregation of odd people?

Both sound interesting.

...ships you a metric ton of CO2 fire extinguishers to help you stay cool. I pinched 'em from the local Home Depot, which I'm planning to burn down because they messed up an order.

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

Would that be a rare and unexpected massive snowstorm, or a large congregation of odd people?

Both sound interesting.

...ships you a metric ton of CO2 fire extinguishers to help you stay cool. I pinched 'em from the local Home Depot, which I'm planning to burn down because they messed up an order.

Happy Thursday, Kids!!!

How about a massive congregation of oddly cold people? I think that'd be the best of both worlds in the current weather!

Aww, thank you'! Time to make my office chair into a one-person speed carousel!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Also, it's so hot, I'm even more dying. 35°C/95°F. 

I...stick...to my chair. Literally. And its too hot for coffee. ._.

On the more virtual side of things: I can't decide if I should continue furnishing my house with the last 1000L I have right now...or buy something for my male alt.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

It takes you 20 minutes to walk 100m?

What are you, an ant?

Not enough legs for that! No, I meant the busstop to the inner city usually is 100m down the road, but from my home to the inner city takes me 20 minutes. If I were an ant, my apartment would be my Mount Everest, only not as cold.

5 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

I...stick...to my chair. Literally. And its too hot for coffee. ._.

On the more virtual side of things: I can't decide if I should continue furnishing my house with the last 1000L I have right now...or buy something for my male alt.

I always stick to my chair if the temperatures go above 25°. I swear I belong to the northpole.

How about you buy me a Icecream cake instead? No? Well, worth a try!
I'd say finish your home first, since you use that more often than you use the malt, I assume.

Edit:
Actually, drinking hot beverages is supposed to be good in that kind of heatwave, or so I've heard. Like Beduins in the desert drink hot tea.

Edited by Sukubia Scarmon
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

25 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Both sound interesting.

590b80f7dd0895a87a8b4b28-750-562.jpg

"What Clover Saw"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5