You know your addicted to SL when..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You  know your addicted to SL When..

* While watching TV you go to grab your mouse zoom in on the news readers face for a close up.

* You begin to look for vender prims in shopping centres and get frustrated because you cant teleport out of Kmart.

* When emailing an atatchment you think to set the permissions to mod copy so the recipient can use it!

* The Bacon in the fridge is 3 months old and you cant remember when you bought it.

* You think to yourself did I do my tax return  last year or was it the year before..

* You decide buying a new avatar skin a healther choice and more needed than a gym membership.

* You cant remember the last time you slept for 8 hours straight.

* You cant remember the last time you slept.

* You go to right click on people RL to send them an IM

To be continued..

• Like 1

In RL you

...count the prims in different buildings

...get annoyed that they didn't take the time to line up the textures properly

...notice how great the background looks when u are out somewhere

...see a brick wall and think, wow I have that same texture in my inventory 

...When you wonder why the draw distance is set so high when out...

... When you wonder why you haven't crashed for having your render distance set so high...

... When you wake up with "yuipghjklbnm" imprinted on your face....

...When you text your friend and wonder where the Teleport option is, after you told them you'd send them a limo...

...When your friend complains about the cost of divorce and you think 'Its not -that- much....

You wonder why the zoom/pan/cam controls don't work on web images.

You see plywood and wonder "when will they get around to texturing that?"

You look for the poseballs before sitting.

You evaluate your new smartphone/tablet purchase in terms of "Is there a mobile SL app, and how well will it run?"

I know I am addicted to Second Life when....

• I see someone in RL and want to read their profile before saying hello!
  • I call somone in RL a newb when they say or do something stupid!
  • I am impressed with a RL guy who does not start off a convesation with, "Wanna f*ck?"
  • I ask a RL guy to resize it for my comfort!
  • I blank out during a RL conversation and then appologize by saying I crashed!

And one that is totally true...

• I take a pic of my avi to the hairdresser and say I want the same haircut!!!

When...

... You wake up in the morning and search your RL closet for that gorgeous outfit you got yesterday at market place

... you bump into trees thinking they are phantom

... you watch a beautiful sunset and think "I love this windlight preset"

... you look at a guy wearing a small tshirt and think "Didn't he get that in Jacket layer?" (This really happened lol)

... you touch your breakfast table expecting the menu to pop up to choose what you want

• 3 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to SL and I'm a psychology researcher at Columbia Unversity medical center in the clinic for gambling addiction. In my clinic, I've been trying to raise awareness of gaming addiction and how much more research we need on the topic, especially to figure out how we can define "gaming addiction." 

In response, I designed a little online survey through Surveymonkey to ask people about their gaming and associated behavior. It takes about 20 minutes and there's a chance to win a $50 or $100 Amazon e-gift card as a prize. It's just a research project, so i don't ask for any personal or financial information- I could also send you all official approvals from Columbia if you want.

If you're interested in particated, click on the survey link. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VTKMXRS

Contact information is on the first page of the survey if you want to talk to me further about it. 

Thanks guys!

-Kibby

KibMcM wrote:

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to SL and I'm a psychology researcher at Columbia Unversity medical center in the clinic for gambling addiction. In my clinic, I've been trying to raise awareness of gaming addiction and how much more research we need on the topic, especially to figure out how we can define "gaming addiction." 

In response, I designed a little online survey through Surveymonkey to ask people about their gaming and associated behavior. It takes about 20 minutes and there's a chance to win a $50 or $100 Amazon e-gift card as a prize. It's just a research project, so i don't ask for any personal or financial information- I could also send you all official approvals from Columbia if you want.

If you're interested in particated, click on the survey link. 

Contact information is on the first page of the survey if you want to talk to me further about it. 

Thanks guys!

-Kibby

What are the odds of winning a gift card?

I spent 25 minutes taking the survey and it just pops up at the end with "sorry you didn't win" what kind of crap is that?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

KibMcM wrote:

Hey Everyone,

If you're interested in particated, click on the survey link. 

Thanks guys!

-Kibby

What are the odds of winning a gift card?

I spent 25 minutes taking the survey and it just pops up at the end with "sorry you didn't win" what kind of crap is that?

Now you know the real purpose of the Survey, how many people will take a gamble on winning it.

Actually the odds are about 9% of winning a prize. Thank you so much for taking it! I'm really sorry you didn't win. Maybe get a couple friends to take it and split the prize if they win ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this will spoil it but I was just amused by reading down the list of thread titles. They read like a questionaire - this order:-

You know you're addicted to SL when...

Gestures sound too low?

Sionchickens are back?

No response to my item never being received!!

The first 2 (gestures and chickens) were choices, and the last one was the correct answer. It amused me anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.