It's Here!!! New PC!!!

Czari Zenovka

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, congrats on the new pc!!! I'm so glad you finally got a really great pc.

I know all too well what it can be like using onboard graphics, lol. The pc I used to use I had been using onboard graphics up until hubby got me a graphics card in 2009. I had no idea what I was missing before then.

Out of all the things I could finally see, water was what amazed me the most. Before then it was blue, and relatively transparent to me. I saw no ripples, forget any type of reflection. It was just blue space. Couldn't even tell it was actually water, because it didn't look like it was moving at all. Funny how the little things can really make your day.

Tari Landar wrote:

Awesome, congrats on the new pc!!! I'm so glad you finally got a really great pc.

I know all too well what it can be like using onboard graphics, lol. The pc I used to use I had been using onboard graphics up until hubby got me a graphics card in 2009. I had no idea what I was missing before then.

Out of all the things I could finally see, water was what amazed me the most. Before then it was blue, and relatively transparent to me. I saw no ripples, forget any type of reflection. It was just blue space. Couldn't even tell it was actually water, because it didn't look like it was moving at all. Funny how the little things can really make your day.

Tari, for my first few months in SL in 2008, I was using a 2003 vintage HP laptop. I don't know what setting got messed up, but I had yellow skies with black clouds and pea green water with no detail, as you described. I thought that's what SL was supposed to look like until I got a snapshot from my partner. I switched over to my even slower and older Apple laptop and finally saw SL in some of it's glory.

Czari, I'm so glad you've now got a viewport into SL that does it justice.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Deja Letov wrote:

YAY! Does this mean you can come back and visit my sim and see it how it should look instead of giant surfboards everywhere? LOL  So happy for you girly!

YES!!!!  I can actually see that mailbox you built the time I was there and didn't see it...lol; as well as all things mesh!  Thank you so much, Deja!  *Gal Pal Hug*

*Note to self: Start making a list of the first sims I wish to visit*

Excellent, now i can wear my mesh tux when we go dancing again and you wont see me naked.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

If I hop in the pool do I have to pay $50L?

(I can't believe I just said that; it's the adrenaline rush from the new PC.)

*laughs hard*

Well done, Czari.

Actually, you gave me a good idea. Set up a Battle Royale (not the Pulp Fiction "Royale with Cheese"). Participants pay $20L to participate, winner takes the money...All right....who's in???

(and ticket prices just went up again....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:)

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX 660  2GB  Superclocked graphics card.  That should arrive in about a week;

Grats on the new pc and an evga :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Thank you, Alicia!  A redhead that can now see mesh may be heading to a sim near you soon. *Grins*

Malanya wrote:

Ohhhh here is where you posted you received your new pc.. lol .. I found your thread about the CoolVL viewer and posted there. So congrats again! You deserved this
:)

YAY YOU!!

Heh!  I whined, argued, asked for advice, and generally bugged the merchants here for about a year concerning my PC situation so thought it only fair to post the "deets" in this sub-fora first!  Come on over and hang out here anytime...the posters here are wonderful and amazingly knowledgeable.

*Hugs*  Thank you again Malanya!

Tari Landar wrote:

Thank you for your congrats, Tari. :)  Just to clarify - my old PC did have a graphics card in it - an nVidia GeForce FX5700 LE by EVGA.  I installed it years ago when EQ made a major upgrade to their graphics as part of one of their expansions.  It was considered an excellent graphics card back then and is probably the reason I was able to even see SL after all these years.

I have ordered a graphics card for my new PC but it has not yet arrived so I'm currently using the onboard graphics and I am really amazed at how much better I'm seeing SL with a new PC's onboard graphics vs. my old PC's discrete card.  The better CPU might have something to do with that as well, not sure.  Considering how amazing SL is looking now, I'm even more excited to see SL with the graphics card. :)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Tari, for my first few months in SL in 2008, I was using a 2003 vintage HP laptop. I don't know what setting got messed up, but I had yellow skies with black clouds and pea green water with no detail, as you described. I thought that's what SL was supposed to look like until I got a snapshot from my partner.

Arrgggghhhh...that sounds horrible!  In 2007 my old PC did a fairly good job running SL, in fact Perrie commented on a thread in General that he would have drooled to have had my old rig back then.  Windlight had not been introduced yet so all water looked basically just like blue patches but it did have a "watery" effect to it.  I still had trouble with lag in crowded venues but my partner did as well and he had a better PC than I so just figured that was part of the deal.

mtwtfss71 wrote:

Woot!!! Congrats Czari! Finally! 

We all know this has been a long time coming for you hon. Enjoy the new beast!

Thank you so much, mtwtfss :)

I did kind of dwell on this issue a long time, didn't I? :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

@Everyone - thank you all so much for being so patient with me over this issue and for all your kind wishes on the new PC.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Deja Letov wrote:

YAY! Does this mean you can come back and visit my sim and see it how it should look instead of giant surfboards everywhere? LOL  So happy for you girly!

YES!!!!  I can actually see that mailbox you built the time I was there and didn't see it...lol; as well as all things mesh!  Thank you so much, Deja!  *Gal Pal Hug*

*Note to self: Start making a list of the first sims I wish to visit*

Excellent, now i can wear my mesh tux when we go dancing again and you wont see me naked.

*Ponders this and weighs mesh tux vs seeing you naked. Hmmmmmm....ok dancing in public would necessitate being dressed, and you do look VERY handsome in your dancing attire (and redheads don't give those types of compliments lightly) so I will joyfully await a dancing invitation with you in your mesh tux.* ;)

Tex Monday wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

If I hop in the pool do I have to pay $50L?

(I can't believe I just said that; it's the adrenaline rush from the new PC.)

*laughs hard*

Well done, Czari.

Actually, you gave me a good idea. Set up a Battle Royale (not the Pulp Fiction "Royale with Cheese"). Participants pay $20L to participate, winner takes the money...All right....who's in???

(and ticket prices just went up again....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:)

I'm in!!!!

(Did I just say something risque again?  *Eyes the new PC suspiciously*)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Tari, for my first few months in SL in 2008, I was using a 2003 vintage HP laptop. I don't know what setting got messed up, but I had yellow skies with black clouds and pea green water with no detail, as you described. I thought that's what SL was supposed to look like until I got a snapshot from my partner.

Arrgggghhhh...that sounds horrible!

I was too distracted by my partner to find anything horrible.

;-)

Couldbe Yue wrote:

Congrats on your new arrival!  You just wait until you have your graphics card installed..  SL will take your breath away.

Thank you, Couldbe!  You were one of the people who encouraged me when I didn't think I would be able to get a new PC (prior to my mother gifting it to me) and was about to pack in SL.  I'm so glad you did and so glad I didn't. (Hope that made sense.)

I haven't seen Sassy in this thread yet but, if you're reading - you offered amazing help to me as well and I will always remember that.

Big thanks to you both!!

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

Arrgggghhhh...that sounds horrible!

I was too distracted by my partner to find anything horrible.

;-)

Well, yes, there is that. ;)

ok ok

well im late here.. and wont be able to be long, because im still at work and my collegues today doesnt want to stop talking for babling since this morning..... 

There is already 1 hour im in front of this thread on my screen and everytime i want to press the button "reply" i see one of them behind my comp turning her head toward me and start talking.... And since im polite.... 

So, ...... for now ill just say a big YAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im so glad for you sweetie !!!!!  I hope you ll come back online more often now you have this new pc.... 

I just send you for now a big hug and ok.... back to my collegue babbling.... :smileywink: 

(actually, my assistant just grabed a book of cooking reciepes i just registered in the library data base and shes looking at every pages, asking me if i want a photocopy for each reciepes lol...)

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

jumping smily.gif

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO, Finally you get to see SL in all its glory.!

Congratulations Czari.  I am so glad you got a new PC!

Thank you, Amethyst - also *hugs* for the support you offered when I was at my lowest point during "Czari's New PC Saga."  (Love that smiley as well!)  Where do you all find these?

well you know already my store and the garden around... but i want to invite you for a dinner in my private skybox with the new mesh forest that you never saw... since i had it i never dared to tp you there bec i know it wouldnt have looked good.. but now !!!!!!!! C'est parti !!!!!!! we have to schedule this dinner under my trees with my 3 lil cats around... and we will babble while eating tasty food and drinking some glasses of champagne to celebrate your new pc !

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

well you know already my store and the garden around... but i want to invite you for a dinner in my private skybox with the new mesh forest that you never saw... since i had it i never dared to tp you there bec i know it wouldnt have looked good.. but now !!!!!!!! C'est parti !!!!!!! we have to schedule this dinner under my trees with my 3 lil cats around... and we will babble while eating tasty food and drinking some glasses of champagne to celebrate your new pc !

That sounds lovely, Trinity!  Can't wait!!!  (Should I bring my little MinPins to play with cats?  Actually my new VKC puppy is friendlier, the MinPins just roam around and bark occasionally...lol.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.