what does you are in a limbo mean??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tex Monday wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Like any RP, there really is no 'defense' for it, only an explanation that a person can accept or reject.  If there are misconceptions, those can be clarified, but that is about it.

Bloodlines does exactly what the founder/creator of Bloodlines said.  I am summarizing it into one word, he said it was designed to be a 'scourge' in SL.  (That may have been the word he used, I forget now but don't have the umption to look it up.)  The other thing it did/does is made/make him a ton of money.

If people want to RP being a Bloodlines Vamp, it is after all "Their World, Their Imagination."

In "My World, My Imagination," I am going to dislike the scourge on Second Life that Bloodlines is.

If Sonja can't handle that people dislike Bloodlines perhaps she should find another RP.  The dislike of Bloodlines comes with the territory.  She may individually be a nice person, but she has alligned herself with a scourge.  Nothing she can do is going to change what Bloodlines is.

thank you....Misconceptions and clarifications is what I meant.

This was just an observation...I didn't mean that someone who plays bloodlines should come in and blast all of us for thinking it's a horrible game or a "scourge". What I meant was, when someone puts down GOR or says what a horrible place it is...there is usually someone who pops up and defends it. I have never seen that for Bloodlines...maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. As I said, it was just an observation....

I think that "scourge" is supposed to be the collective noun, or one, anyway, for a group of vampires.   I'm sure I've seen it used that way in novels.   

Be that as it may, I'm not into Bloodlines but my business partner does a lot of animations for them (at their request).   My impression is that it's like Gor, in that most people who are into it spend their time on Bloodlines sims doing vampire stuff, just as most Goreans spend their time on Gor sims doing Gor stuff there.   The people who you see hanging round public areas spamming folks with bite requests are there because they're (understandably) not particularly welcome on Bloodlines sims, just as the Gor people who drag their kajirae round hair shops on leashes tend not to be very welcome on Gor sims.

Certainly, wearing my sim administrator hat, I've always found the main Bloodlines clans very helpful when I've been dealing with spampires.   It's the new ones, who are trying to get a lot of members quickly, that tend to be the problem.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Like any RP, there really is no 'defense' for it, only an explanation that a person can accept or reject.  If there are misconceptions, those can be clarified, but that is about it.

Bloodlines does exactly what the founder/creator of Bloodlines said.  I am summarizing it into one word, he said it was designed to be a 'scourge' in SL.  (That may have been the word he used, I forget now but don't have the umption to look it up.)  The other thing it did/does is made/make him a ton of money.

If people want to RP being a Bloodlines Vamp, it is after all "Their World, Their Imagination."

In "My World, My Imagination," I am going to dislike the scourge on Second Life that Bloodlines is.

If Sonja can't handle that people dislike Bloodlines perhaps she should find another RP.  The dislike of Bloodlines comes with the territory.  She may individually be a nice person, but she has alligned herself with a scourge.  Nothing she can do is going to change what Bloodlines is.

thank you....Misconceptions and clarifications is what I meant.

This was just an observation...I didn't mean that someone who plays bloodlines should come in and blast all of us for thinking it's a horrible game or a "scourge". What I meant was, when someone puts down GOR or says what a horrible place it is...there is usually someone who pops up and defends it. I have never seen that for Bloodlines...maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. As I said, it was just an observation....

I think that "scourge" is supposed to be the collective noun, or one, anyway, for a group of vampires.   I'm sure I've seen it used that way in novels.   

Be that as it may, I'm not into Bloodlines but my business partner does a lot of animations for them (at their request).   My impression is that it's like Gor, in that most people who are into it spend their time on Bloodlines sims doing vampire stuff, just as most Goreans spend their time on Gor sims doing Gor stuff there.   The people who you see hanging round public areas spamming folks with bite requests are there because they're (understandably) not particularly welcome on Bloodlines sims, just as the Gor people who drag their kajirae round hair shops on leashes tend not to be very welcome on Gor sims.

Certainly, wearing my sim administrator hat, I've always found the main Bloodlines clans very helpful when I've been dealing with spampires.   It's the new ones, who are trying to get a lot of members quickly, that tend to be the problem.

I am aware of what Individuals do whether individually or as part of a group.

That still does not change what Bloodlines is intended to be as stated by its creator.  I used the word 'scourge' because as I stated I didn't feel like digging out the exact quote.  I could have used the word 'blite' just as well.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Certainly, wearing my sim administrator hat, I've always found the main Bloodlines clans very helpful when I've been dealing with spampires.  
It's the new ones, who are trying to get a lot of members quickly, that tend to be the problem.

(Bolding mine)

And it's those types that the majority of SL residents run into and form their impressions of bloodlines.  Perhaps each clan should have some mandatory training program on how not to tick off the general population of SL.  (And I don't mean that facetiously.)

One Gorean group that had members of 500+ and with which I was familiar held weekly meetings for all members with separate meetings for the Leadership Council and a long training period for slaves before they were permitted (in that avatar and representing that group) off the sim.  Other smaller groups were not as formal but had similar requirements. 

There are going to be "bad eggs" in all rp groups; however, bloodlines seems to be one that keeps popping up on the forums.  We were all debating this back in 2008...lol.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

a scourge of vampires..hmmmm....I figured it'd be something like a gaggle or a flock of vampires (not to be confused with the rock group from the 80's A Flock of Seagulls)

:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

I can personally say that Sonja is a sweet heart. She has helped me a few times. I have nothing but repect for her. As for bloodlines I have seen good families and bad. The ones I come accross seem desperate and nwo I know why. Its expesive to buy blood. However one could say that about my shopping habbits lol. If it makes you happy go for it. But all I have ever seen in the BLines is Drama drama drama and desperation but doesnt mean there isnt a good side as Ms Sonja has pointed out. GL sweetie.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

I can personally say that Sonja is a sweet heart. She has helped me a few times. I have nothing but repect for her. As for bloodlines I have seen good families and bad. The ones I come accross seem desperate and nwo I know why. Its expesive to buy blood. However one could say that about my shopping habbits lol. If it makes you happy go for it. But all I have ever seen in the BLines is Drama drama drama and desperation but doesnt mean there isnt a good side as Ms Sonja has pointed out. GL sweetie.

What good side has she pointed out?

All she has pointed out is that she is a Sweetheart.

So that may be the only good thing about Bloodlines, that they have a Sweetheart in it.

I've noticed a trend, particularly in the "younger set" lately to say "I'm a good person" like they have to keep telling people that.  I find that odd since people generally make determinations based on a myriad of input - forum posts, meeting the person in world, perhaps some from reading profiles, etc.

The issue here is not and has never been questioning the "goodness" of anyone; it has dealt with bloodlines as a group.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

I can only speak for myself and I do not hang around at other sims and try to get people to join bloodlines.I would not even have time for that.I have many things to do like my amaretto horses...kittycats..then I do other roleplays as well and next to that I create clothes or shoes sometimes.I am quite busy with all my stuff and the vampire roleplay is only one facette of me in this game and I enjoy it with my king.And i have no problem with the bad reputation of bloodlines.It is not the first time I have joined it.Actually the third time now.I also made my bad experiences with bloodlines and that's why I would never ever force someone to join.People can decide what they want like me.I have also worn the garlic necklace and was removed from the database but I wanted to come back...cause I met a very nice man who shares this roleplay now with me.So...people can judge me cause I am a bloodlines vampire..but I don't really care cause I know I am not that bad person people here maybe think I am...

That still does not negate the fact that you have chosen to join and align yourself with Bloodlines and contribute financially to the continuance of this scourge in SL. 
You do need to get blood from somewhere, do you not?

NO! I do not need blood from other players...I have my money to buy it and in future I will get the amulet that protects me forever...so I am not depending on someone elses blood.:-)

If you want to be a Bloodlines Vamp that is your choice, it is still "Your World, Your Imagination."  But your being a 'nice person' does not change what Bloodlines is.

I do not want to change what bloodline ist...when you see it as a money game, well then you should also not be into the breedables and I am too for fun it´s kind of hobby and I like it.And this costs a lot of money too...I don´t want to think about how many lindens I have spent so far on the horses or the meeroos...but as long as I am happy with it, I do not care...and I also know that scripters of horse food get rich like the scripters of Bloodlines blood and all that stuff....

And to clarify, wearing the Garlic does not remove you from their data base.  It just moves you to a list in their Data Base that says you are off limits to Bite Requests.

This is not true.

I was already a vampire when I decided to wear the garlic necklace...and then I was removed from the bloodlines database.

Member not found...but as I said I wanted to come back and I am happy with that decision.

It still would not surprise me if the Founder of Bloodlines does not gloat every time someone wears the Garlic.  It is proof that his scourge has annoyed another person.

I did not wear it cause I was annoyed of Bloodlines.I only wanted to stop the roleplay...no more no less.And the good thing is that you are able to come back and rejoin it whenever you want or change your mind.

To me you´re make a really hateful impression and you throw all Bloodlines players in a pot which is not good and makes me sad.But to each his own....

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I've noticed a trend, particularly in the "younger set" lately to say "I'm a good person" like they have to keep telling people that.  I find that odd since people generally make determinations based on a myriad of input - forum posts, meeting the person in world, perhaps some from reading profiles, etc.

If you ever hear Maddy say that, back away. A lightning strike is sure to follow.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

If I were asked to list things in SL that annoy me personally, certainly I'd put talking tummies, a lot of gestures (particularly that infernal ASCII wolf) and badly-scripted breedables that cause lag because of all the physics collisions well ahead of Bloodlines.   

Agreed, but this thread is largely about bloodlines.

If someone wants to start a topic on talking tummies, I'd be chiming in there as well. ;)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

If I were asked to list things in SL that annoy me personally, certainly I'd put talking tummies, a lot of gestures (particularly that infernal ASCII wolf) and badly-scripted breedables that cause lag because of all the physics collisions well ahead of Bloodlines.   

If someone wants to start a topic on talking tummies, I'd be chiming in there as well.
;)

I have a modifiable talking tummy.

You don't want to know the things that emote from a Pregnant Martian's Tummy.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

If someone wants to start a topic on talking tummies, I'd be chiming in there as well.
;)

Sure, but I'm just wondering why, when Bloodlines is, to my mind, no greater nuisance or annoyance than many other things in SL, it attracts what seems to me a disproportionate amount of criticism.   

I let a friend bite me soon after it all started, when she wanted to make sure her fangs were working properly.    Nothing else much happened until I got a few people telling me my soul was in limbo or the void or something, and I got fed up with that and used a garlic necklace.    And that's it.   Hardly rates on my irrito-meter.

In my experience the bloodlines clan that enlisted me when I started in SL helped me no end, including when I got a talking tummy from an onduty experience- hehe

They provided a helpful family with a welcome resource of knowledge and would take the time to help those new to SL. Something invaluable since it has such a high learning curve and after escaping the welcome centre I was never able to find it again and was left adrift and lost without any bearings.

The War game they play is also one of the best combat games in sl, and lots of fun.

All the hate directed at bloodlines is misdirected.

Your name ends up on a database.... well so what? The databases that spam you with special offers are far worse, than being on a passive one that just records you once did something in their system.

(ps this is a general reply to the thread i just used reply to you Reply to Innula Zenovka because i couldn't fid reply to thread option)

I've only been on SL since late 2010 and I haven't really run into much Bloodlines harrassment. Among my family of alts I've had maybe two conversations from vampires looking to bite me, both quite polite, and maybe two or three unsolicited bite requests among all my accounts. Bear in mind that I never spent a lot of time in newbie locations but I've spent SOME and there are enough OTHER nuisances there that Bloodlines barely registers.

Everything I've seen says that Bloodlines was very obnoxious a few years before I joined SL. Of course I can remember when Samsung was largely known for cheap microwave ovens. Things change...

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

;)

I have a modifiable talking tummy.

You don't want to know the things that emote from a Pregnant Martian's Tummy.

Oy!  Now that's going to give me nightmares. :matte-motes-agape:  There is an "Evil Talking Tummy" that I've seen for sale in SL.  Very clever.

ETA: Waidaminute!!!!  Are male martians the ones who birth the babies?  Mars is sounding like an interesting place. ;)

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Innula Zenovka wrote:

;)

Sure, but I'm just wondering why, when Bloodlines is, to my mind, no greater nuisance or annoyance than many other things in SL, it attracts what seems to me a disproportionate amount of criticism.   

I let a friend bite me soon after it all started, when she wanted to make sure her fangs were working properly.    Nothing else much happened until I got a few people telling me my soul was in limbo or the void or something, and I got fed up with that and used a garlic necklace.    And that's it.   Hardly rates on my irrito-meter.

Some things annoy some people; some things annoy others.  Go figure.

Theresa Tennyson wrote:

I've only been on SL since late 2010 and I haven't really run into much Bloodlines harrassment. Among my family of alts I've had maybe two conversations from vampires looking to bite me, both quite polite, and maybe two or three unsolicited bite requests among all my accounts. Bear in mind that I never spent a lot of time in newbie locations but I've spent SOME and there are enough OTHER nuisances there that Bloodlines barely registers.

Everything I've seen says that Bloodlines was very obnoxious a few years before I joined SL. Of course I can remember when Samsung was largely known for cheap microwave ovens. Things change...

Just do a word search on the forums on "Bloodlines."  Then go to the archived forums and do the same thing.  Perhaps then you'll understand the annoyance some of us from farther back feel towards the game.

As I noted earlier in this thread, a well-known SL vampire rp'er from back in the day didn't even like bloodlines due to their lack of realistic rp.

What people like to do in SL is up to them.  Other people don't have to like the same choices.  If someone discusses it on the forums, then they can expect to hear some discouraging words.

I got kicked out of this family today...cause the king was not honest with me...great I made another experience with a vampire family....but still I do not give up....experience makes me harder...well when I am honest I am really dissapointed at the moment but this is SL....pffffff

Pregnant Mavin.jpg

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Oy!  Now that's going to give me nightmares. :matte-motes-agape:  There is an "Evil Talking Tummy" that I've seen for sale in SL.  Very clever.

ETA: Waidaminute!!!!  Are male martians the ones who birth the babies?  Mars is sounding like an interesting place.
;)

Pregnant Marvin.

She got me drunk and in my stupour she took advantage of me and when I woke the following morning she was gone, her account deleted.  It was a rough pregnacy.  I was so ashamed and alone.

Sonja Smedley wrote:

I got kicked out of this family today...cause the king was not honest with me...great I made another experience with a vampire family....but still I do not give up....experience makes me harder...well when I am honest I am really dissapointed at the moment but this is SL....pffffff

It must be rough being the only honest Vamp on the grid.

Yes Perrie I know you seem to hate me...have I done something to you?

The story was:

He met me at the forum and I met him ingame cause I wanted to join a family.He was very friendly and cared for me.

After a few days I noticed that I felt happy with him and we enjoyed our time together.

He never told me that he loved the queen he always said that they are only friends....I was sceptical but I did trust him.

I never met the other members was always alone at the castle...only he was online every day and helped me.

Then a few days later he said that he has feelings for me...I was really happy cause I had them too.

Then 2 days ago he put a skyhome above the castle and said this is for us...this would be my home now with him.

Yesterday it took me 3 hours to furnish it and make it look nice for us.

Today he said that he has a drama going on with the queen...my alarm bells began to rang...finally he told me that he loved her in the past but she only used him to get the castle and the clan and that he bought her things she wanted.

In real she had another man the whole time and said to him that she only wants to be friends with him.

Now he got pissed off cause of that and I was shocked.

He said that he does not want to get hurt anymore and was afraid that I could be the same way.

That hit me!

I removed my things there before and finally the queen kicked me.

He did nothing against it although he still said that he cares for me....I left the place.

I got hurt.

I know this is pure drama from the finest....and I was honest with him.

I wanted to spend my time with him but now I feel that he only played with me or I don´t know.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pregnant Mavin.jpg

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

ETA: Waidaminute!!!!  Are male martians the ones who birth the babies?  Mars is sounding like an interesting place.
;)

Pregnant Marvin.

She got me drunk and in my stupour she took advantage of me and when I woke the following morning she was gone, her account deleted.  It was a rough pregnacy.  I was so ashamed and alone.

Awwwwww...that's so sad.  Has the Martian-ette been born yet?

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Pregnant Mavin.jpg

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

;)

Pregnant Marvin.

Awwwwww...that's so sad.  Has the Martian-ette been born yet?

Marvin and Maryn.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.