what does you are in a limbo mean??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

...here is another use for it:

Richard Benjamin and George Hamilton were fabulous in this movie. ("Love at First Bite" circa 1979)

You beat me to it...That is my favorite scene in that movie.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tex Monday wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

...here is another use for it:

Richard Benjamin and George Hamilton were fabulous in this movie. ("Love at First Bite" circa 1979)

You beat me to it...That is my favorite scene in that movie.

I love that movie!  The people trying to catch the "black chicken" was another good scene.  Great line from the movie - when Cindy invited Vlad back to her apartment for a quickie and George Hamilton said in his faux-Romanian accent: With you, never a quickie; always a longie."

Tex Monday wrote:

Part of the reason that movie is so fun to watch now...asside from the FANTASTIC performances of George Hamilton and Richard Benjaimin...is that it is SO 70's..

The 70's you say?

These two should have entered the dance competition in "Saturday Night Fever."  The 70's were fun!

One thing I will say about ancient vampires, they are good dancers:

My SL dream is to find the non-vampire version of this guy.  I love the command he displays in this dance.  I did dance with a SL vampire once (NOT a bloodlines type)...

Dancing with D. - Black Frame- 060710.jpg

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Tex Monday wrote:

Part of the reason that movie is so fun to watch now...asside from the FANTASTIC performances of George Hamilton and Richard Benjaimin...is that it is SO 70's..

The 70's you say?

These two should have entered the dance competition in "Saturday Night Fever."  The 70's were fun!

I was going to post that clip. Glad you did. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

That was sweet, Czari. I love that he hit the camera with his hat, then recovered it with his foot.

... swoons.

He was amazing all season...that was my favorite dance he did that season but, since you liked it, I'll throw in his Paso Doble:

When I watched George Hamilton that season, what struck me is he seems to truly enjoy life and is such a happy person.  He's one of those men that get better looking with age.  *Swoons along with you*

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

You don't need to be in bloodlines to RP being a vamp.  Long before there was bloodlines and the couple other vamp RP games that exist there was a very active vampire roleplay community in SL and quite a number of vamp themed sims for them.  On the whole they were good people and fun to be around.  I have several good friends that were in it and when I went to visit them in their homes always put my vamp on just for grins and joined in on an informal basis.  I also am quite aware of today's RP HUD vamps because I have done plenty of work for them and observed their roleplay close up.    Being familiar with both types of vamps IMO, I think these RP HUDs have taken a lot of fun out of the roleplay and just turned them into campy combat games and a lot of unnecessary drama. 

As far as annoyance, I've been invited to be dinner quite a bit and just like any roleplay there are those that take refusal gracefully and other's that are a pain in the a$$. One of our homes is on the blake sea adjacent to a vamp roleplay sim for bloodlines vamps.  We don't keep ban lines up or use a security orb so as not to interfere with those sailing near us.  We've had these vamps just walk into our home without invitation wanting to bite.  We've had them sit on our roof camming down into the house and under our dock doing the same spying on us I assume waiting for the 'right' moment to spring a bite request on us. Of course we pick them up on our radar pretty fast and  tell them to leave but it generally turns nasty and we end up having to ban them from our land.  We've spoken to the owner of the roleplay area and asked nicely to tell their vamps to stay off our property but got no where, only rude replies.  This is a prime example of why Bloodlines has such a bad rep.

On the other hand I've had problems with supposed gor masters following me around outside of gor wanting to collar me.  I am so not the submissive type and there is nothing in my profile that would encourage this.  I can only think I represent a challenge to them somehow. I've also had  problems with combat roleplayers trying to go after me in sandboxes over the years.  I could go on about a few other rp groups to.

The bottom line is that I am not, with a few exceptions, against whatever roleplay people want to do.  I am against people taking their roleplay into non roleplay places and imposing it on other people no matter what type of roleplay they are involved in.  In all types of roleplay there are good and bad people.  I just  deal with them and move on refusing to let the bad apples spoil SL for me..

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I recall a regular forum poster back in the day whose online identity was a vampire.  She detested bloodlines for the reason I just stated - gives vampires a bad name...lol.

Whatever became of her? I was wondering recently.

About George Hamilton, I think he is a vampire. He never ages!

Melita Magic wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I recall a regular forum poster back in the day whose online identity was a vampire.  She detested bloodlines for the reason I just stated - gives vampires a bad name...lol.

Whatever became of her? I was wondering recently.

About George Hamilton, I think he
is
a vampire. He never ages!

I've been wracking my brain as well to think of her name...for some reason I think her nickname was "Mo" but when I tried to search the archives the "Maureen" I found wasn't her.  I think the person to whom Amethyst is referring is her as well.  She was our "old forum" resident vampire. ;)

Re: George Hamilton...I know, right?

Czari Zenovka wrote:

That was sweet, Czari. I love that he hit the camera with his hat, then recovered it with his foot.

... swoons.

He was amazing all season...that was my favorite dance he did that season but, since you liked it, I'll throw in his Paso Doble:

When I watched George Hamilton that season, what struck me is he seems to truly enjoy life and is such a happy person.  He's one of those men that get better looking with age.  *Swoons along with you*

You reminded me of another of my favorite George Hamilton Flicks...

Zorro, The Gay Blade....

I just looked George Hamilton up in Wikipedia, to see if I can figure out how I know of him. I've never seen any of the movies he's done, but he is familiar to me. He's comfortable being silly, so I shall continue swooning.

He's done a bunch of movies...most of which people haven't seen (unless they're like me...). He used to be known as the Tannest man alive, maybe that's how you know him. (ETA...Doonesbury comics used to make fun of him. He was Zonker Harris' idol..that's of course if you've ever read Doonesbury)

Anyway...here the link to his IMDB page ..maybe that will help

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001313/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Tex Monday wrote:

I just looked George Hamilton up in Wikipedia, to see if I can figure out how I know of him. I've never seen any of the movies he's done, but he is familiar to me. He's comfortable being silly, so I shall continue swooning.

He's done a bunch of movies...most of which people haven't seen (unless they're like me...). He used to be known as the Tannest man alive, maybe that's how you know him. (ETA...Doonesbury comics used to make fun of him. He was Zonker Harris' idol..that's of course if you've ever read Doonesbury)

Thanks! I might have seen him in a Columbo episode. I watched reruns of that in college. Mom and Dad loved Sinatra and the Rat Pack and I know he mingled with those guys.

I love Zonker. I have a soft spot for the "not fully there" characters in any story. Jim Ignatowsky of "Taxi" was another favorite of mine, as was Howard Borden of the Bob Newhart show.

Melita Magic wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I've been wracking my brain as well to think of her name...

Gabrielle. I thought you did not name her on purpose.

I've also wondered what became of Scylla, and SueEllen, and - I saw Carole posted recently - another forum old timer.

I don't recall Gabrielle, she must be from before my time (spring of 2010).

I haven't heard from Scylla in ages, but presume she's gone and finished her graduate work and is now teaching. Suella peeked in back in April to say she's still busy fighting the Tories.

Carole is back? When did that happen?!

;-)

Tex Monday wrote:

He made a bunch of commercials for awhile.  Afaik, his first, or one of his first films was the handsome leading male in the 1960 film, "Where the Boys Are" about the adventures of a group of friends in Ft. Lauderdale on Spring Break.

Melita Magic wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

I've been wracking my brain as well to think of her name...

Gabrielle. I thought you did not name her on purpose.

I've also wondered what became of Scylla, and SueEllen, and - I saw Carole posted recently - another forum old timer.

Yes!  For some reason I was stuck on "Mo."  Thank you for jogging my memory. :)

In real life:

"In Limbo"

Your soul will be in Limbo.

If you dont make it to heaven or hell, your soul goes to purgatory where it sits in limbo.

For a passage of time not usually dislcosed.

In SL:

I joined Bloodlines and now my wallet/purse is in Limbo (bled dry).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.