"I'm just too pretty for my own good!"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

When I go to dance venues, I am often asked to dance, but I don't consider that being hit on.

Dancing with someone obligates you to slex. That's why I rarely dance.

i dance with them..

but i end up finding ways around the slow dancing..

there is nothing worse than slow dancing when there is good music on..

slow dancing seems to be the number one first thing to do if they are not just right away coming out and saying..hey want sexo..

always were your protective dance huds at all times..

because you could be at a race track running around the track on your bike ..then go into the pits and..*Ding ding* hey want to dance?

hehehehe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beth Quander wrote:

I’m as puzzled as Czari and Senobia by this thread, I think.  In three years I’ve been ‘hit on’ by a few dudes who spotted me online through a couple of the more dubious groups I belong to (but don’t own up to in my profile), and a misguided newbie who blundered into the Cabaret Club I hang out at and apparently mistook it for a brothel.  Pointing out to him that taking me ‘upstairs’ would only get him as far as the balcony overlooking the stage didn’t seem to deter him – and when we’d all finished laughing the owner smilingly ejected him.  So yeah.  How do some of us become Coat Racks and others the Hit Upon?  If it’s a social language thing (as others here have suggested) where some people register ‘hits’ and others never hear them as such, then I don’t feel so bad.  But if it’s because there’s an optimal setting somewhere in your sliders and a LM to the ideal location – then I reckon I want to find them! 

Seriously, I feel a powerpoint presentation coming on.  My curiosity is piqued, I want to know!  I’ll happily tweak my appearance, profile information and location to find out.

Squashy, Ceka, Sephina – any pointers on how to get to Hitsville?  I’m game.  And if it doesn’t work, I suppose I’ll shrug back into that vague patina of inadequacy again and look after the beautiful people’s coats.

Hi Beth!

I think it's a lot to do with the places one frequents.  Since noob days i've largely steered clear of beaches & the like, but still get attention from time-to-time, and in the unlikeliest places.   Eg, shoe festishists hanging out at shopping events and some of the higher-end stores -- seems they've cottoned on to the fact that fashionista types / enthusiastic shoppers will likely be sporting some yummy footwear.  So, yes, i've run into a few of those.

That being said, the one time i was wearing scruffy old sneakers and, dammit, "sneaker perv guy" found me. :smileyindifferent:

PS:  wanna go shopping?

The best and probably weirdest offer I've ever had was from a Guy who wanted me to dominate him and tell him what to do...so I told him to go away and never contact me again...and he listened!! 

I really don't know why some people have an issue with being 'hit on', it's improved my knock-back skills no end :D

That is a real problem. Especialy for dancers how are mainly their to make L. Personaly I think SL is full of cookie cutter AVIs that look too much like a model. If you are female and dont have that "model" look to your AVI you dont make money. Life is not cookie cutter models so why sould SL.

Who wants to be pretty in SL? I prefer interesting. I spend a good deal of time and Lindens on my look, but pretty I ain't except when I want to wear my prim feet, I can't get them to match my usual skin, so when I'm barefoot, I'm prettier. However, vanity in SL really is absurd to me. Spend enough L and have some sense of taste, and it's not hard to accomplish. Here's a pic of me a photographer friend did, this is my "default" skin, eyes, and shape worn with my favorite hair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikolaiwarden/7166195875/in/set-72157629643424805

Back in my misspent SL youth when I frequented BDSM clubs, newbie guys with private parts that looked like they were made out of badly dyed tofu would hit on me, but then look where I was hanging out? At other venues, flirting and asking someone to dance, pouring on the charm whether in open chat or IM is just that, flirting, and harmless. Nowadays, even though my usual look isn't pretty, the only time someone comes on strongly is if I'm at a newbie friendly place and then I get the occasional (once every year or so) "Oh baby, you are so beautiful, I love you" which I've determined is SL speak for "any port in a storm of horniness"

Hmm, I don't know if can agree on that. True: The dumbest hit-on's are still those one gets at newbie friendly places. But it doesn't stop there. But anyways....as said earlier it trains ones creativity to say effectivly "No".

Beth Quander wrote:

I’m as puzzled as Czari and Senobia by this thread, I think.  In three years I’ve been ‘hit on’ by a few dudes who spotted me online through a couple of the more dubious groups I belong to (but don’t own up to in my profile), and a misguided newbie who blundered into the Cabaret Club I hang out at and apparently mistook it for a brothel.  Pointing out to him that taking me ‘upstairs’ would only get him as far as the balcony overlooking the stage didn’t seem to deter him – and when we’d all finished laughing the owner smilingly ejected him. 

Great story!!!  What happened between going "upstairs" and the guy being ejected?  I'm imagining a befuddled noob looking for rooms while attaching his freebis. :smileyvery-happy:

Randall Ahren wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

When I go to dance venues, I am often asked to dance, but I don't consider that being hit on.

Dancing with someone obligates you to slex. That's why I rarely dance.

Not true - again, the type of man who asks me to dance is usually the type who is quite witty and we have a grand time talking, while dancing.  Sometimes it leads to another date; in a few cases it leads to a relationship more-or-less.  The few guys who "suggested" SLex were quickly dispatched.

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

The comment "I'm too pretty..." is at 1:39. 

Edit: Wrong time originally

wow  she gave a whole new meaning to the "Double Tap" rule..
o.O

This chick is a real life "Fatal Attraction."  A new word for evil needs to be devised for her.  The words from the old "Secret Agent Man" come to mind:

Beware of pretty faces that you find

A pretty face can hide an evil mind

The autopsy photos are horrific, however, Miss "I'm too Pretty to be Convicted" got to hear this last week:

The people shown prior to the verdict are the victim, Alexander Travis', siblings (both parents are deceased) and friends.  True to form, Jodi Arias immediately went into her "Plan B" and gave a pre-planned interview to local media stating she wants the death penalty which has landed her in a psych hospital, further delaying the next part of the trial.

ETA: The jury composition was a male majority.  People had been speculating if men would let her off easier.  I think their firm responses put that to rest.

Lucretia Brandenburg wrote:

Who wants to be pretty in SL? I prefer interesting. I spend a good deal of time and Lindens on my look, but pretty I ain't except when I want to wear my prim feet, I can't get them to match my usual skin, so when I'm barefoot, I'm prettier. However, vanity in SL really is absurd to me. Spend enough L and have some sense of taste, and it's not hard to accomplish. Here's a pic of me a photographer friend did, this is my "default" skin, eyes, and shape worn with my favorite hair.

Back in my misspent SL youth when I frequented BDSM clubs
, newbie guys with private parts that looked like they were made out of badly dyed tofu would hit on me
, but then look where I was hanging out? At other venues, flirting and asking someone to dance, pouring on the charm whether in open chat or IM is just that, flirting, and harmless. Nowadays, even though my usual look isn't pretty, the only time someone comes on strongly is if I'm at a newbie friendly place and then I get the occasional (once every year or so) "Oh baby, you are so beautiful, I love you" which I've determined is SL speak for "any port in a storm of horniness"

Lmfao. Love it! Acutally I think you look unique, I think that you have a deep profound look. You are in fact beautiful to me. 

Edit: Because I first hit post accidently instead of Quote. I'm special that way :P

Cor!  Awesome look Lucretia.  Yup – definitely a case in point for the difference between ‘pretty’ and beautiful.

Newbie friendly places where the avatars are being tossed around in a storm of horniness – sounds like a Performance Metales installation coming on…

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Beth Quander wrote:

I’m as puzzled as Czari and Senobia by this thread, I think.  In three years I’ve been ‘hit on’ by a few dudes who spotted me online through a couple of the more dubious groups I belong to (but don’t own up to in my profile), and a misguided newbie who blundered into the Cabaret Club I hang out at and apparently mistook it for a brothel.  Pointing out to him that taking me ‘upstairs’ would only get him as far as the balcony overlooking the stage didn’t seem to deter him – and when we’d all finished laughing the owner smilingly ejected him. 

Great story!!!  What happened between going "upstairs" and the guy being ejected?  I'm imagining a befuddled noob looking for rooms while attaching his freebis. :smileyvery-happy:

Yup – you pretty well have it, Czari.  He poinged around the theatre for a while like a newbie pinball – I think boobs may have been inflated to facilitate his passage.  Sigh.  Good times…

This is just a side-line that's related to this thread...

I knew a female av once who genuinely thought she was really beautiful. She told me that often, as soon as she arrived in places, cameras would start clicking - taking pictures of her because she was so beautiful. I am not exaggerating when I say that her face reminded me a lot of a skull. She was the opposite of beautiful and, if people took pictures of her, it could only have been for that reason. 

On another note...

I have found over the years that many female avs imagine themselves to be hit on when no such thing happened. I have no doubt that they like to think they are being hit on because, if it were true, it would confirm their attractiveness - to themselves.

My experiences of it were in my store, where I used to spend a lot of time. If I asked a female shopper, "Can I help you?", there was a fair chance that the response would indicate that they thought I was about to hit on them, even though the words 'Prim Savers Owner' were above my head. It seemed to me that those people would think they were being hit on when any male av spoke to them.

I'm not suggesting that there isn't plenty of it going on. I'm just saying that some of it, at least, occurs only in the female av's imagination.

Phil Deakins wrote:

On another note...

I have found over the years that many female avs imagine themselves to be hit on when no such thing happened. I have no doubt that they like to think they are being hit on because, if it were true, it would confirm their attractiveness - to themselves.

My experiences of it were in my store, where I used to spend a lot of time. If I asked a female shopper, "Can I help you?", there was a fair chance that the response would indicate that they thought I was about to hit on them, even though the words 'Prim Savers Owner' were above my head. It seemed to me that those people would think they were being hit on when any male av spoke to them.

I'm not suggesting that there isn't plenty of it going on. I'm just saying that some of it, at least, occurs only in the female av's imagination.

If you said that in chat in your shop, I doubt any female residents would react in the way you say. If you said it via IM to a female shopper, then it is possible some would assume it was the beginning of a chat up. Why don't you just have a gesture in chat saying "I am the owner of Prim Savers, if anyone needs help with my products, just ask" and then nobody could possibly take you up wrong.

I ask in chat unless they are too far away for local chat, in which case, I use IMs or walk to where they are and ask, If I use an IM, I do say that I'm the store owner. I only ask when I they look as if they are wondering about something.

I can assure you that the reactions I described do happen. Of, course, they could be men behind the female avatars, but I was careful to speak about female avatars and not female users.

I don't need a chat gesture saying anything along the lines of what you suggested. It's written above my head, and they are in the store. They are free to read :)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

o.O

This chick is a real life "Fatal Attraction."  A new word for evil needs to be devised for her.  The words from the old "Secret Agent Man" come to mind:

The autopsy photos are horrific, however, Miss "I'm too Pretty to be Convicted" got to hear this last week:

The people shown prior to the verdict are the victim, Alexander Travis', siblings (both parents are deceased) and friends.  True to form, Jodi Arias immediately went into her "Plan B" and gave a pre-planned interview to local media stating she wants the death penalty which has landed her in a psych hospital, further delaying the next part of the trial.

ETA: The jury composition was a male majority.  People had been speculating if men would let her off easier.  I think their firm responses put that to rest.

they will be fighting over her in prison..because she is just toooo pretty to convict lol

big mama is gonna get a new BFF

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

o.O

they will be fighting over her in prison..because she is just toooo pretty to convict lol

big mama is gonna get a new BFF

I need to start following this case.  I thought Celeste Beard was the definition of pure evil but this one.... wow.

Phil Deakins wrote:

On another note...

Gosh.  I'm not saying i doubt you but it's a crazy world when you can't ask "can i help you?" without some delusional chick thinking you're making a pass at her/him.  

IF a store owner IMs me i take their words at face value.  I might also assume they're fishing for feedback about their store but that's perfectly legit.  Always happy to oblige.  :matte-motes-smile:   Store owners very rarely IM me, but it's nice when they do. 

To be honest, I suspect that such female avs didn't actually read the words above my head, but, imo, the question, "Can I help you?" couldn't be thought of the start of a pass - except by those who want it to be, of course; i.e. those who like to think they're being hit on even though they've no intention or desire to accept the hit.

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Gosh.  I'm not saying i doubt you but it's a crazy world when you can't ask "can i help you?" without some delusional chick thinking you're making a pass at her/him.  

IF a store owner IMs me i take their words at face value.  I might also assume they're fishing for feedback about their store but that's perfectly legit.  Always happy to oblige.  :matte-motes-smile:   Store owners very rarely IM me, but it's nice when they do. 

Reminds me of the time I was looking around a large fashion store owned by a male resident who clearly thought he was God's gift to women in terms of supplying their fashion needs. He thrived on female avatars telling him in group chat how wonderful his clothes were (I suspect most were female alts of his). Anyway, seeing nothing that took my fancy, I was heading towards the exit when he sent me an IM asking why I was leaving without buying something, and could I not find something I liked? I replied politely saying no, I didn't see anything I wanted today, maybe another time, whereupon he had another go at me over not even taking the outfit from his free group gift vendor and what was wrong with it. By this time I'd had enough of this arrogant clown so just muted him and left the store and group.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.