Second Life looks...tacky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No the Starlust group was group that had 10 sims full of different clothing stores back when they were open. Cool, quirky, creative, original things not like jersey shore trash from the best selling in the marketplace. They've closed down now I think though some of the stores from the starlust sims are still here. The Carole mentioned before this looks like a starlust type avatar. Sad that you don't know about it at all.

Charli Infinity wrote:

So the right way to treat an isecure person is to tell them off you you all did in this thread?

Actually, I went out of my way to explain to you how a reasonably secure person would have handled their issue.  If I thought you would be able to take my advice, I would tell you to stop letting your insecurity drag you down to the point that you are no longer able to take responsibility for your own ill-conceived actions.  Obviously, it's in your own best interest to believe that everyone is against you and you have done nothing wrong... so you just stick with that and you'll be alright.

...Dres

I posted here thinking there must be some people that relate this and some do relate, a few had a sense of humour about it and some of those who didn't relate attacked over and over and that's what it turned into. I sticked to it the whole time but these people keep making up words and turned the thing into something else.

Charli Infinity wrote:

I posted here thinking there must be some people that relate this and some do relate, a few had a sense of humour about it and some of those who didn't relate attacked over and over and that's what it turned into. I sticked to it the whole time but these people keep making up words and turned the thing into something else.

Oh good... you've taken my advice.  Now, if I were so bold, I would advise you to go forth and enact your victim role with a different group of people elsewhere... but only if you're convinced that they're naive enough to fall for it.

...Dres

Charli Infinity wrote:

that is very long. sounds like sl is a  big part in you rl.

A big part.... eh, that's tough to say. There are times it can play a large part and there are times it doesn't. It just depends entirely on what's going on, as well as why. But the same could be said of any time one would spend time online. Regardless of the platform we choose to use. Long before sl was even a twinkle in the eye of its creator, there were communities online. There were places one could find solace. There were places one could find friends. There were places one could find a new hobby. There were places one could find people of like mind. Really, I could go on. Sl is far from the first place that could, or can, provide those things I listed, so very far. It just so happens that those, among many, many other things, are things I happen to like about sl. I like lots of stuff about sl. I just wanted to share with you some positive things, because you said that you've never seen them.

Sl is so much more to so many. I'm not really sure why everyone posting, including yourself, is so very fixated on a look. Or why what others think of someone who participates in sl is so very important. But I do know that you're not alone in caring about it. Many people care what others think, they just won't admit it. I know I've told people about sl and gotten the same reaction. I know I've read what people have to say about sl. I know there was a time I cared an awful lot more about what others thought too. I just don't anymore, not as much anyway. The reason I don't care anymore, is because I've come to see that sl truly is so very much more than that narrow minded way of thinking. Sl is more than it appears to be. So even if all I could find was "tacky", sorry I had to use that word for a second, I happen to know that isn't all sl is, can be, or will be. That's why it doesn't bother me. The good, for me, outweighs any amount of bad, including what others might think or say, or else I wouldn't still be here after all this time.

Charli Infinity wrote:

again, i said the majority not everyone

this is the black and white thinking again.

unless it's not no one it's everyone to you guys.

you're just you. you don't represent the majority

i think the reason you may not be getting a lot relating to you is because you seem to think that the best selling page had a majority of tacky stuff on it..

the fact is..it wasn't the majority..

on page one of the best selling..with the default 12 item search..nothing shows up..

on the 24 item search nothing shows up..

not until a 48 item search does something show up..one item at the bottom of the page..

on a 96 item search on page one..

there might be 4 items that show up..

the fact is..the majority of SL content sold on the best selling search on the market place?

is by far not jersey shore type content

this was usng a general and moderate search....which happens to be the majority of content in sl that people buy..

even your jersey shore look you see..that falls under general and moderate content..not adult..

even on general moderate adult search..

i come up with around 7 items on a 96 item search..

that is around 13%.

so how does 13% become the majority on the best selling everything list?

it doesn't..

as i said before..the only thing i disagree with is your view of what the majority is,,

if you want to use everything..but only choose some things to fit your view..

that is being black and white about something..

you are the one that chose the best selling everything search..then claim the majority buys the 13%..

unless you were on an adult only best selling search..well then you will find exactly the majority you are looking for.

a majority of adult items..

the thing is those are the best selling products which means a lot people are buying and wearing the stuff so there are a whole lot avatars out there that look like that. the number content is not the point, the point is there a whole bunch of avatars that buying and wearing the tacky stuff.

Charli Infinity wrote:

No the Starlust group was group that had 10 sims full of different clothing stores back when they were open. Cool, quirky, creative, original things not like jersey shore trash from the best selling in the marketplace. They've closed down now I think though some of the stores from the starlust sims are still here. The Carole mentioned before this looks like a starlust type avatar. Sad that you don't know about it at all.

Yeah, right.  I believe that a place like that would not have tacky stuff or sell stuff geared towards Slex.  Oh wait, it must be that only "Jersey Shore" stuff is tacky.

Charli Infinity wrote:

the thing is those are the best selling products which means a lot people are buying and wearing the stuff so there are a whole lot avatars out there that look like that. the number content is not the point, the point is there a whole bunch of avatars that buying and wearing the tacky stuff.

So what?  You don't have to. You also have no right to judge other people by what they choose to look like and wear.

Now you say that number content isn't the point, when before you were saying the majority of SL'ers are tacky because all the best sellers are.  Make up your mind and at least be consistent when you troll..

Charli Infinity wrote:

the point you are missing is ..there is a whole lot more that are not..

they are spreading themselves around to many different places rather than those few places showing..

because if the majority were doing it..there would be a heck of a lot more stores flooding that page than there are..

the majority of SL are not shopping in your 7 stores..

lol

A best seller is relative compared to all things on MP.  If a tacky dress sells 1000 copies, it might be a best seller on MP that day.  For every best seller there are probably HUNDREDS of non tacky clothes that sold that same day that didn't make the best seller list but when added together far exceed that 1000. And we aren't even beginning to talk about inworld shopping.

So lets say the top ten 10 best sellers are tacky and sold 1000 each  Ten thousand people wearing a tacky dress is NOT the majority in SL, where 50-60 thousand people are logged in at at one time.  Ten thousand people wearing a tacky dress is 20% or less of those logged in.  Hardly a majority.

You really should take a math class.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

A best seller is relative compared to all things on MP.  If a tacky dress sells 1000 copies, it might be a best seller on MP that day.  For every best seller there are probably HUNDREDS of non tacky clothes that sold that same day that didn't make the best seller list but when added together far exceed that 1000. And we aren't even beginning to talk about inworld shopping.

So lets say the top ten 10 best sellers are tacky and sold 1000 each  Ten thousand people wearing a tacky dress is NOT the majority in SL, where 50-60 thousand people are logged in at at one time.  Ten thousand people wearing a tacky dress is 20% or less of those logged in.  Hardly a majority.

You really should take a math class.

by using the OP's logic..the majority of SL are wearing this today =)

because it's number one..

The new Jersey shore look

UncommonTruth wrote:

Suspiria Finucane wrote:

Facially, yes I can see the innocent look, a top may have helped achieve that a little more :matte-motes-wink: Your av is well done so kudos for that and ty for satisfying my curiosity. I appreciate it greatly. :matte-motes-smitten:

SL has tops? :smileysurprised:  

Points to your avatar image :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

UncommonTruth wrote:

SL is what you want it to be. I think the diversity of the residents
and their imaginations
is what makes SL beautiful. 

I agree 100%

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4063 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.