Second Life looks...tacky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Charli Infinity wrote:

people just keep getting offended and they keep posting responses.

I try to answer them but they don't like the answer and they keep attacking and it goes on...

stop thinking for pp for themselves and decide they are offended .. everyone here is a grown adult and can decide by oneself if s/he's offended. Im not offended. i just disagree with you on the way to act. when i dont like smth, i do my best to change it... im not moaning and crying for hours if i have a way to change things. 

answer my question, pls.

You look to me like a tacky Charlie X not getting his tacky way.

Trek-CharlieX21.jpeg

From a tacky episode of a tacky series that many people know and still appreciate.

ETA : Don't be offended. Is just how you 'look' to me.

If you mean this question

"you came for expressing your opinion about SL. pp agreed or disagreed with you, they gave you their opinion in return, as you asked them for. You dont want to change your opinion. I guess you will understand that others have the same rights as you to not change their opinion either. So now, what else ?. What will be your decision ? will you try to find a non tacky side in SL ? will you leave this place for loosers ? will you keep suffering to be in a place you dont like and so keep moaning ? In short... will you keep being negative or will you try to be positive and act for a better comfort for you ?"

I came here asking if anyone feel that way. it turned into an attack. now I am answering your questions. and the post keep coming so I respond.

Charli Infinity wrote:

If you mean this question

"you came for expressing your opinion about SL. pp agreed or disagreed with you, they gave you their opinion in return, as you asked them for. You dont want to change your opinion. I guess you will understand that others have the same rights as you to not change their opinion either. So now, what else ?. What will be your decision ? will you try to find a non tacky side in SL ? will you leave this place for loosers ? will you keep suffering to be in a place you dont like and so keep moaning ? In short... will you keep being negative or will you try to be positive and act for a better comfort for you ?"

I came here asking if anyone feel that way. it turned into an attack. now I am answering your questions. and the post keep coming so I respond.

you should read the question till the end... your not answering my question. 

if you feel attacked im sorry for you, but this is not a reason to stuck your feelings on others and say they are feeling offended while they are not. On top, you should have expected such reactions while you writed your OP in the forum. This is purely common sense.

so read my question till the end and answer it. 

Charli Infinity wrote:

another offended person.

I notice a lot black and white thinking.

either all or nothing

either tacky or full on formal

either (trying to find a word that's not offensive) sexually provocative or prude

maybe that's why the look is so extreme. 

tack·y 2  (t**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://img.tfd.com/hm/GIF/emacr.gif" border="0" align="absbottom" />)

adj. tack·i·er, tack·i·est Informal
a. Lacking style or good taste; tawdry: tacky clothes.
b. Distasteful or offensive; tasteless: a tacky remark.

Style is all in the eye of the beholder.. Ever watch a vogue fashion show? the outfits are outrageously tacky, In my opinion anyway. Yet thousands think they are beautiful.

Lady Gaga has bee called both tacky and incredibly stylish.. Which opinion is correct?

So, there are "tacky" clothes on the MP and inworld.. So what? Who made you the fashion police? Why should your opinion be the one that matter the most in SL? What would you do, remove all that you feel is "tacky"? You say the "jersey shore look" is tacky. Fake tans, well muscled, make up, and skimpy clothing... Sounds like the 80's to me.

I believe that fashion runs in cycles. Perhaps that style is back in fashion.. and you are missing the boat.

ill you try to find a non tacky side in SL? 

I know it exist but it is burried under tackiness

will you leave this place for loosers ?

One day I will surely leave just like everyone else.

will you keep suffering to be in a place you dont like and so keep moaning ?

I simply asked if anyone can relate. Not that I don't like SL but I just find it embarassing to admit in real life.

In short... will you keep being negative or will you try to be positive and act for a better comfort for you ?

It's not a matter of being positive or negative at all unless you make it. There are thing I like and thing I don't and in this thread, it's about one of the things I don't like about SL.

I'm being interviewed for this thread :smileyvery-happy: just what the...

Well than we can agree we don't find the same things tacky.

You can think those outfits are tacky and I think the most the ones on SL are tacky.

What wrong with that. If you can have your opinion that some other thing is tacky then why can't I have the opinion that the majority of SL is tacky?

Because classifying the majority of SL like that is simply untrue and a gross generalisation. You should look beyond your limited view. That's what's being told to you repeatedly.

Let that sink in or leave it be and leave SL without offending many with such little insight.

Charli Infinity wrote:

if you haven't noticed, I have been ignoring because you are not contributing anything but just telling people to leave because they have views which is different from yours.

After following this whole thread, you still change my words.

I just said in my previous post the is creative and interesting in SL but it's burried by the tackiness yet you still accuse me of saying "EVERYONE in SL is tacky" which I never did. The words I have used is majority and most.

You are making up things to draw hate towards me, you're not discussing anyhting, you are offended and you just want me to leave.

Matthew 7:3

Maybe it's where I go and what I do in-world, but I generally don't see many of the kinds of "tacky" avatars to which the subject seems directed.

Marketplace, however, is a different story. There I think the OP's point is well-taken. I hate searching for anything on Marketplace because most any query generates pages and pages of slutwear with separate listings for every tint in the spectrum. Although the merchants seem to spam every popular keyword, they fortunately are forced to choose a single listing category, so it's possible to screen out the worst of the noise with a category search -- unless, of course, the category is any kind of apparel, for which Marketplace shopping is just dreadful.

I also agree that the selection of male skins is pretty limited. Oh, there's lots of variety available, but a decided dearth of realistic torso shading. Still, it is a free market; if there were many of us wanting a look other than full-on Gym Queen, there'd be more such skins available.

Charli Infinity wrote:

You can think those outfits are tacky and I think the most the ones on SL are tacky.

What wrong with that. If you can have your opinion that some other thing is tacky then why can't I have the opinion that the majority of SL is tacky?

well, you are incredible....

of course you can think the majority of SL is tacky... noone said you cant.

now you said it, and now we know you think it, all has been said. 

Charli Infinity wrote:

It's not a matter of being positive or negative at all unless you make it. There are thing I like and thing I don't and in this thread, it's about one of the things I don't like about SL.

So now there are things you like in SL ? Awesome ! Im really glad for you and i guess a lot of other posters maybe will be too.. However, this is something really funny for me that sm1 can enjoy smth from somewhere this person define as a place for loosers....but yeah, im not you... So thats prob why i can t figure this.

In conclusion, id like to add that i agreed with you that SL can have some taky side.. that yes, i dont enjoy it and well, i had diff choices than you to fix and avoid this. But for your information, what you did here in this thread, is nothing but trolling... You know trolling ? for me its even worse than every tacky thing... its nothing but vulgar too.. tacky side is not only in appearance, As drake pointed it, it can also be in behavior... Im sorry for you, but here, your behavior was nothing but tacky. You should think about this next time before writing anything in a forum or elsewhere....

Charli Infinity wrote:

I simply asked if anyone can relate. Not that I don't like SL but I just find it embarassing to admit in real life.

ok you are embarrassed. can understand now why you been going on and on. saying the same thing over and over

like we the other people in SL embarrass you by how we look. how we dress. what we do. what we say. how we act. how we conduct ourselves. how you think others outside of SL view us. what they might think or say about your involvement with us if you admit to it

you not only embarrassed you also ashamed. ashamed of us and ashamed of yourself for being with us. like somehow we are your dirty tacky little secret and this ashames you

is nothing we can do about this for you. if your feelings are going to change then will have to come from within yourself

Charli Infinity wrote:

because you are pushing your view on everyone here.. While we were keeping our opinions to ourselves..

Qie Niangao wrote:

Marketplace
, however, is a different story. There I think the OP's point is well-taken. I hate searching for anything on Marketplace because most any query generates pages and pages of slutwear with separate listings for every tint in the spectrum. Although the merchants seem to spam every popular keyword, they fortunately are forced to choose a single listing category, so it's possible to screen out the worst of the noise with a category search -- unless, of course, the category is any kind of apparel, for which Marketplace shopping is just
dreadful

no it doesn't. it generates pages and pages of stuff you search for. you going to all kinds of risqué stuff on any keyword if you don't filter/moderate. is same google and bing image search if you don't filter/moderate on them

So, Charli! Why was it again that you were so concerned about what others think of your participating in Second Life?

(btw, feel free to ignore the question again, or even avoid it with the usual ''offended and/or attacking' labelling trick... it's actually kinda funny to see you doing it again and again. But I'm honestly interested in the answer, certainly far more than in the endless back-and-forth with the various definitions of 'tacky', Jersey references and whatnot).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.