Harrassment

Harley Hynes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I been through Everyday harrassment from a Resident she has been blocked and muted and continues to do it. What else can be done besides the Send in Reports. She must have over 50 of then now against her and Linden Labs Still wont remove her from the game.

8.2 You will not post or transmit prohibited Content, including any Content that is illegal, harassing or violates any person's rights.

You agree that you will not:

(i) Post, display or transmit Content that violates any law, or the rights of any third party including without limitation Intellectual Property Rights;

(ii) Impersonate any person or entity without their consent, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation, or if you are an adult, impersonate a minor for the purpose of interacting with a minor using the Service;

(iii) Stalk, harass, or engage in any sexual, suggestive, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise inappropriate conduct with minors on the Service;

How is it Possible She still in game of she continues to Harrasse me through her profile and its not only me its my partner too. She has called Him Gay ETC and yet she still in Game. Is LL really doing there job makes you wonder sometimes.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on a second. You were born on March 18, 2007, you have the luck to have a last name and you are talking about leaving SL just for this???!!! Come on, you're old enough in here. You should know better how to ignore bummers and griefers. I'm with Darren on this one. Block/mute/ignore and move on. Show us you're a big girl. :smileywink:

It's silly to leave SL because of drama. I am sorry they are making your SL miserable but honestly you can control how you feel and react about it. Ignore them it's not hard. I've been in SL for a long time in one form or another and I can tell you that I have never been harassed, not because nobody has tried but because I laugh everything off and get on with my life, I don't even bother to AR.

1  i am 38 in RL and think sesame Street is umm Retarded no point to it . 

2 how can i when they post something like this:

>>> HARLEY HYNES <<<<<<HATEN 4 EYES HAVEN HOE YOU GOT BUSTED YOU AN YOUR PUNK ASS MAN FAKERSSSSSS AN VAL YOUR THE ONE POSTEN ON MY **bleep** SO GET THE STALKEN **bleep** RIGHT EVERY ONE SEEN IT HOW YOU THINK I GOT THE CALL LMAO YOU TWO ARE FUNNY STOP HATEN TRYEN TO TURN **bleep** AROUND AS IF I WANT HIM **bleep** PLEASE EVERY ONE KNOWS WHATS REALY GOING ON SO STOP THE LIEING AN GET A LIFE I HAVE THE **bleep** CARDED HOE REMEMBER YOU TRYED TO F WITH MY BROTHER  HOE SO YEAH I GOT IN IT NOW WHAT 

And Then she Creates Alts and Harrasses us on Linden land on top of that. We have a long list of  there Alts and its just getting Boring. I could bring out my Nuke and send her 7 sims away Laughs .

Harley Hynes wrote:

1  i am 38 in RL and think sesame Street is umm
for children

>>> HARLEY HYNES <<<<<<HATEN 4 EYES HAVEN HOE YOU GOT BUSTED YOU AN YOUR PUNK ASS MAN FAKERSSSSSS AN VAL YOUR THE ONE POSTEN ON MY **bleep** SO GET THE STALKEN **bleep** RIGHT EVERY ONE SEEN IT HOW YOU THINK I GOT THE CALL LMAO YOU TWO ARE FUNNY STOP HATEN TRYEN TO TURN **bleep** AROUND AS IF I WANT HIM **bleep** PLEASE EVERY ONE KNOWS WHATS REALY GOING ON SO STOP THE LIEING AN GET A LIFE I HAVE THE **bleep** CARDED HOE REMEMBER YOU TRYED TO F WITH MY BROTHER  HOE SO YEAH I GOT IN IT NOW WHAT 

And Then she Creates Alts and Harrasses us on Linden land on top of that. We have a long list of  there Alts and its just getting Boring. I could bring out my Nuke and send her 7 sims away Laughs .

FIFY...

you want someone to take notice when someone harasses you and then say that?

Way to show how adult you are. 

My advice IGNORE THEM!!!!  Anyone that has all caps rage in their profile is a moron anyway. 99% of SLer will ignore them.

Harley Hynes wrote:

... she continues to Harrasse me through her profile and its not only me its my partner too.

"... to insight a stupid **bleep** that likes to stalk me and my wife hehe. If you want to see just look her up JaNa (s******* c***) .Shes a funny yet stupid little girl"

ETA: "Jana You can piss off **bleep** he don't want you and never Will. So take your Toys and Shove them up your Ass ! I love my baby Very Much Kisses."

You were saying?

Harley Hynes wrote:

What the hell does all that gibberish mean?  Why in he hell you even letting it bother you?  Just ignore these little kiddies, any reaction to them is just gratification to them, and go on with your own SL.

Harley Hynes wrote:

1  i am 38 in RL and think sesame Street is umm Retarded no point to it . 

Remembering that childhood poem:

Sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but calling will not hurt me.

When someone writes nasty stuff on their profile, the only person who looks bad is THEM.  Just remember that.

You need to take the advice of everyone in this thread and truly just treat this person (and their alts) as though they do not exist, put them into the land of the non-existent.  They really are not worth your time, and while they know they are bothering you, you are giving them attention, feeding their need for validation.

Mute/block them - do not say "I am muting/blocking/reporting you" to them.  Do not acknowledge them at all. I cannot stress this enough.

Edited to add:

You really need to edit your picks, and not have that spiteful nonsense written there.  As much as you say your griefer/stalker has broken ToS, you are now doing so.

Christin73 wrote:

Remember there are real people behind the virtual AVIs. Where there are people there will be drama. Ignore her or go to another sim and start enjoying SL. Like RL, SL is full of drama but that doesnt mean you cant just avoid it.

Having glanced at all their profiles, Harley's, her Partner's and the purported Stalker's, that's ("real people") what scares me.  These are supposed to be Adults?

This is more like watching an episode of Jerry Springer.

Six Igaly wrote:

All the drama I see is the one you are making here! Thanks for the laugh though, needed that.

as so often. Attention whore turned forum troll. Next stage: forum troll turns griefer (may already have happened), after which there's the banhammer.

Hello everyone...I am Harley's Hubby and would like to add a few things to this posting...1. The bigger issue here thats being ignored by everyone in this Feed and even by LL upper management is the fact this person violated LL TOS before my wife and I started posting on our respective profiles.  2, The in flood of reports by Harley and My self on this person before hand has been met with silence from LL and the few Lindens that can be found in game. Calling LL's Support number has also been ignored.  I find it sad that not one of you has expressed concern about LL's apparent abandonment of their own TOS.  It clearly states that Harassment of any kind in game and the bereavement of SL or worse RL information via your profile for all to see is a clear violation of said TOS.  Its sad all of you seem to think "ignoring" the issue solves the problem.  Tell me this....when the teachers, parents, and fellow students of Columbine learn anything other than death and heart ache by ignoring the cry's for help by those two boys being bullied every day before going on a shooting rampage killing dozens of innocent?  Ignoring issues like this never solve anything it only pushes people into taking steps they normally wouldn't do.  Case in point...the several shoots around the country at schools.  Some of these kids are being bullied and pressured while others just go psycotic.  But the leading factor is that people are ignoring the issues at hand thinking they will just go away.  Trust me they won't.  You can't just walk away/look the other direction with people like this.  You have to stop it where it is and LL is failing to do that.  And you all so far have failed to see that as well.  Like one post stated "behind every avatar is a real person with real feelings and emotions".  SL is a place thats supposed to be fun and safe for all.  And yes i know its technically "just a game" but unlike most "games" you are in parting a piece of your self into all actions you take in SL.  This doesn't apply to those that just come in and make the lives of others a living hell(ie griefers's) but for most of us we make friendships on SL that some times lead to other things.  Putting that all into prospective this is NOT just a game...its much more than that.  And I think many many others would agree with me on that.  As for the "hateful" things found on my profile, I consider it an just cause.  Since I did not start this bantering with this person but I sure as well will end it. One way or another.  I think you all need to learn to have a little more commiseration for the larger issues here and thats the violation of LL TOS thats been ignored up to now.

Bullying is bullying, whether it is online or offline, done by children or adults.  Just because someone is being bullied does not mean they should then turn around and bully back whether face to face or through profiles.  It never ends that way.  LL rarely if ever does anything in regards to a resident bullying another resident unless it somehow got taken out of SL and into RL or unless one of the people involved is one of the SL Elite that spends enough money in SL that even the LL Gods have to take notice.  So, you are left with three viable options (may not like them but they are the most viable options available). 

1. Just continue to mute and ignore any and all avatars that pop up to harass you (and remove the nastiness you wrote in your profile as well because that just keeps it going.  The best revenge is to totally ignore them, it will drive them nuts), which is what 98% of us have to do.

2. Make an alt and do not put anything in that new avatars profile that was in your originals profile (that includes anything that even remotely looks like something your original would say or do, the same types/styles of photo's, showing your groups, joining the same groups, setting your picks to the same spot your other avatar saved theirs at, your style of writing, etc.)  Yeah I have been through this before, it's probably obvious huh. lol

3.  Leave Second Life (which should not be an option since that means the stalker wins, but if you truly cannot handle it and the other two options have failed or you just don't want to try them it's the last resort)

Valonkorr wrote:

Hello everyone...I am Harley's Hubby and would like to add a few things to this posting...1. The bigger issue here thats being ignored by everyone in this Feed and even by LL upper management is the fact this person violated LL TOS before my wife and I started posting on our respective profiles.  2, The in flood of reports by Harley and My self on this person before hand has been met with silence from LL and the few Lindens that can be found in game. Calling LL's Support number has also been ignored.  I find it sad that not one of you has expressed concern about LL's apparent abandonment of their own TOS.  It clearly states that Harassment of any kind in game and the bereavement of SL or worse RL information via your profile for all to see is a clear violation of said TOS.  Its sad all of you seem to think "ignoring" the issue solves the problem.  Tell me this....when the teachers, parents, and fellow students of Columbine learn anything other than death and heart ache by ignoring the cry's for help by those two boys being bullied every day before going on a shooting rampage killing dozens of innocent?  Ignoring issues like this never solve anything it only pushes people into taking steps they normally wouldn't do.  Case in point...the several shoots around the country at schools.  Some of these kids are being bullied and pressured while others just go psycotic.  But the leading factor is that people are ignoring the issues at hand thinking they will just go away.  Trust me they won't.  You can't just walk away/look the other direction with people like this.  You have to stop it where it is and LL is failing to do that.  And you all so far have failed to see that as well.  Like one post stated "behind every avatar is a real person with real feelings and emotions".  SL is a place thats supposed to be fun and safe for all.  And yes i know its technically "just a game" but unlike most "games" you are in parting a piece of your self into all actions you take in SL.  This doesn't apply to those that just come in and make the lives of others a living hell(ie griefers's) but for most of us we make friendships on SL that some times lead to other things.  Putting that all into prospective this is NOT just a game...its much more than that.  And I think many many others would agree with me on that.  As for the "hateful" things found on my profile, I consider it an just cause.  Since I did not start this bantering with this person but I sure as well will end it. One way or another.  I think you all need to learn to have a little more commiseration for the larger issues here and thats the violation of LL TOS thats been ignored up to now.

First off, you need to re-read section 3 of the TOS quoted above.

"(iii) Stalk, harass, or engage in any sexual, suggestive, lewd, lascivious, or otherwise inappropriate conduct with minors on the Service;"

Point iii specifically applies to interactions with minors.

That said, just as in Real Life, in Second Life people are going to have conflicts.   Some people are going to act in an untoward manner.  It is really quite that simple.  This does not mean that we endorse or condone the behavior.  We simply acknowledge it's existence.

Linden Lab does not get involved in inter-resident disputes.  That is also simply how it is and I for one agree with it.  Unless there has been a specific violation of the TOS and CS, for instance disclosure of Real Life info that you have not made publicly available at some time, there is no violation.

Just because someone is being a nuisance, and in this case a big one, does not make someone a Griefer.

We don't know at what point and how you first responded to your tormentor.  But by doing so you have fed the fire.  That is what we are seeing and have responded to.

Again, this does not mean we don't sympathize or empathize.  But based upon what we have read here, seen in your profiles, etc, the advise stills stands: Mute, ignore and get on with your Second Life.  That is what should have happened from day one.

It simply is not possible for LL to play Nanny for us.  And I no more want them to than I want the Gov't to play Nanny for me.

eta; shpelling

Valonkorr wrote:

I gave my advice earlier in the thread. Regardless of whether you believe LL have not acted against your tormentor correctly, at the end of the day we all play in LL's back garden, and what you ALL are now doing is a game of schoolyard tip-taps, and I strongly believe the reason why LL have not acted on any previous abuse reports connected with this issue is because they have bigger issues to deal with.  That's why they provide a mute/block feature.

My advice to you now is to remove all the derogatory remarks from your profile, and advise your wife to do the same, and move on. Ignore/block/mute your tormentors from this moment on.  Every second you talk about this issue, is a second you could both be being happy together somewhere instead.

First off....you need to continue to read the list of TOS for Harrassment

v) Post, display or transmit Content that is harmful, threatening or harassing, defamatory, libelous, false, inaccurate, misleading, or invades another person's privacy;

(vi) Post, display or transmit Content that is obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

This is not a case of dealing with a Minor thats for sure.   (v) and (vi) clearly point to any sort of violation to a individual's rights to privacy and to their rights to not be bantered in this way.  If you want to sit and quote out LL TOS then we can.  This is all clearly in violation of everything LL has in their TOS inregards to Harrassment.  And to answer the post before this one...If LL is only interested in dealing with people that pay into SL then purhaps that needs to change too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4032 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.