Second Life Expands To Amazon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed that the package didn't promise any instructions what Second Life is, how to use it, what to do there.  All newbies will just be dropped to some silly place where they will scratch their heads wondering what this is all about.
sAng_badmood.gif

Just today I met brand new avatar walking about like headless chicken and mumbling "I haven't got the faintest clue how this game works".  And this sure wasn't the first time I heard such thing.

This is only available to US customers. What about the rest of the world? Will we have the same opportunity one day or, if ever this "issue" will be solved, do will we have to pay?

Let's be clear, it's not about the hoverboard or the L$ 1000 bonus, for us old users. I'm sure this will be a good starting point to all the users that want to play this game (or virtual world, however you like to call it) that are still too scared to enter a "world" where they look "different" because not "cool" like olders avatars (silly, i know, but people is like that).

Money are a glue for new users (they all say "how can i earn money in here?", don't they?), Amazon offers a way to prevent the same user to take them twice, this is good thinking, but... i wont repeat myself :)

P.s. Happy new year folks! We survived! Take that Mayans >:D

There's several other items on Amazon

Why on earth are the free viewer downloads only available to the USA?

It looks as though, except for the hoverboard, the vehicles are from the Premium Freebies.

Amazon lists them as available since the 10th December 2012, and we only hear about it now?

I am not surprised about the free L$1000 getting abused.

ZebrasTurnPink wrote:

Second life closed down the listing due to people making alts to get more lindens. In all honesty, what did they expect?

Exactly.  How many here could have predicted that?  As usual, LL behavior is that of a company that knows nothing about its clientele.

Amazon is one of the few that's been pretty good.

And here's a newsflash- MMO players have been linking things for years, with teamspeak and ventrillo and Steam accounts and LAN parties... Hell, you need to give LL some payment info usually, if you want to get anywhere... it's only in SL do people somehow think it's not them at the keyboard anymore when they log in.

Well, I like hoverboards so I was interested. The 1000L, not a big deal. I get to my Amazon account and can't find out how to link accounts nor does any SL/Amazon offer include Canada. And now I read that the offer was pulled because of abuse. :catfrustrated:

This doesn't say much positive about LL intelligence (big surprise there ).

ZebrasTurnPink wrote:

Second life closed down the listing due to people making alts to get more lindens. In all honesty, what did they expect?

how did you jump to people making alts?

is amazon. = lots of people =  free stuff = click

wonder what is a hoverboard? no idea! click.

ooo! free fake money! no idea what is for! click

if linden capped the offer then is no surprise that the cap ran out really quick

free will get more clicks than anything else on the interwebz

click click click and worry about whatever it was afterwards

Hoverboard is like a surfboard but it hovers a meter or so over land or water. 

Every 1000L costs $4.05 US. There are around 50,000 people online per day. So multiply that $4.05 by 50,000 and it may give you an idea of the scope of how much "free" money would have been handed out. Can't see those crackhead monkeys at LL tossing out a quarter million so it must have been Amazon's money that LL was supposed to have been blowing.

Coby Foden wrote:

Just today I met brand new avatar walking about like headless chicken and mumbling "I haven't got the faintest clue how this game works".  And this sure wasn't the first time I heard such thing.

Years ago on the old forums a thread was started about ways to answer the ever-popular "How do I play this game" questions.  It became quite creative and involved sending people on "quests" to obtain certain items so they could reach the next "level."

It wouldn't work unless some people got together and had someone stationed at the first "quest stop" to act as the NPC to send them to the next "quest" - but it was a source of fun reading. ;)

Edit: spelling

Amaranthim Talon wrote:

And why exactly would I want to link my RL and SL identities like that? Anyone familar with the term.. hacking? How many times do we hear about cc numbers etc being comromised? Just one more thing that can go wrong- bad bad idea from the get go

/waves wildly to Amar :matte-motes-big-grin:

Annalise Ember wrote:

Every 1000L costs $4.05 US. There are around 50,000 people online per day. So multiply that $4.05 by 50,000 and it may give you an idea of the scope of how much "free" money would have been handed out. Can't see those crackhead monkeys at LL tossing out a quarter million so it must have been Amazon's money that LL was supposed to have been blowing.

well if it was Amazons money then have to wonder who the crackheads are

i would quite like to make a game and have Amazon give me quarter million dollars for a free promo to jumpstart my game and get about 50,000 players as well. be quite good that

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.