How did you come up with the name for your Avatar!

Hippie Bowman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!  Just wondering how you came up with your Avatar name.  For me, I wanted to be David Bowman.  You know.  From the 2001 a space odyssey movie.  That name was already taken, so, sense I belong to a biker group in RL, and they had named me "Hippie", and as I do look like a hippie, I decided to go with that name.  I did not want to put numbers in my name, so Hippie fitted perfect!  Okay?  How about you!  How did you come up with the name for your Avatar!  Your posts are welcome!

Peace!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelli May wrote:

I wanted something short and easy to type, yet with a bit of theatricality. And no offence intended to any real-life Kellies, I wanted something that sounded a little fun and frivolous, because I can take myself far too seriously.

So cool Kelli!  You name does sound fun!  Far out!

Peace!

"The Little Mermaid" from Disney was my favorite movie as a kid. So, Ariel as the first name. The I just grabbed one of their generated last names that I thought sounded good, and away I went. I wanted my name to really be like a name, with no random numbers or excess characters, so it worked out well. I'm glad I joined in early 2009 and could still get a last name!

Hey Hippie!  :)

My first avi was Ashe1 Writer...really wanted Ashe Jordan, as that will be my pseudonym if I ever get my first book published :(  (after my two girls) but it wasn't available, so I went with the first name (had to use a number) and Writer.

The one I have now...well, Kylie was the name of my favorite dog and Jax is the name of my favorite soap character...Jaxxon was the closest at the time.  There you have it.....:smileytongue:

My avatar has been an extension of the real me from the very beginning. My temper and behavior towards others are no different than in RL. So using my real first name seemed obvious. I chose Inshan as my last name because it sounded a bit exotic but not really related to a nationality or specific country, although it could be Persian, Indian or anywhere in Central Asia. Valerie Inshan just seemed to have the perfect consonance for me. :smileyhappy:

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

"The Little Mermaid" from Disney was my favorite movie as a kid. So, Ariel as the first name. The I just grabbed one of their generated last names that I thought sounded good, and away I went. I wanted my name to really be like a name, with no random numbers or excess characters, so it worked out well. I'm glad I joined in early 2009 and could still get a last name!

Ahh!  That is cool!  I loved that movie too!  Far out!

Peace!

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

I came back to SL after ragequitting on another account.  I forgot my password, was ticked over how delayed Playstation Home was ending up, and I needed a disposable alt to fill time while I tried to remember that old password. (>_<)

That 'Sideways' surname looked good to screw with. =^-^=

Ahh so  good Imnotgoing!  I hope you did not loose a lot on thye other account.  Did you every remember the password?

Peace!

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Hey Hippie! 
:)

My first avi was Ashe1 Writer...really wanted Ashe Jordan, as that will be my pseudonym if I ever get my first book published
:(
  (after my two girls) but it wasn't available, so I went with the first name (had to use a number) and Writer.

The one I have now...well, Kylie was the name of my favorite dog and Jax is the name of my favorite soap character...Jaxxon was the closest at the time.  There you have it.....:smileytongue:

Ahh thank you Kylie!  Great name!  Far out!

Peace!

My dad wanted to name me Stella. My mom had a different notion and even though she won, Stella has always been his nickname for me. He also had the more lenient view on child rearing, "Leave her alone, she'll be alright." was his motto.So the name Stella has a lot of fond associations for me. I also drink Stella Artois and for a while I wore Stella's McCartney's eponymous perfume.

*Immy's is one of my favorite SL names along with Geddit Nitely and others I can't think of now. I miss last names so much.*

Sticky Pootawn wrote:

I seen the last name Pootawn. And laughed a little. Then I tried to look up what the name means. Could not find anything,

So I figured what ever a pootawn was. it must be Sticky

So I made it Sticky Pootawn because it was funny lol

LOL Sticky!  /me thinks some not too clean thoughts!  HAHAHAH!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

My avatar has been an extension of the real me from the very beginning. My temper and behavior towards others are no different than in RL. So using my real first name seemed obvious. I chose Inshan as my last name because it sounded a bit exotic but not really related to a nationality or specific country, although it could be Persian, Indian or anywhere in Central Asia. Valerie Inshan just seemed to have the perfect consonance for me. :smileyhappy:

Ahh Val my friend!  The name is perfect for you!  Groovy!

Peace!

Stella Carver wrote:

My dad wanted to name me Stella. My mom had a different notion and even though she won, Stella has always been his nickname for me. He also had the more lenient view on child rearing, "Leave her alone, she'll be alright." was his motto.So the name Stella has a lot of fond associations for me. I also drink Stella Artois and for a while I wore Stella's McCartney's eponymous perfume.

*Immy's is one of my favorite SL names along with Geddit Nitely and others I can't think of now. I miss last names so much.*

SO cool!  Thanks for the post!

Peace!

Hello Hippie!

Mine's the first name that came to my mind at that moment... which is "terrific"... Now I have a name that I don't like both in SL and in RL. Lol!

Luckily most people inworld calls me  just Jas (I mean, Jas...Not "Just jas" :matte-motes-silly: Which sounds to me a bit more warm, comfortable, natural, so to speak

Cheers!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4361 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.