Who is the mobile viewer even for?

On 9/10/2024 at 7:00 PM, Solar Legion said:
  1. Lumiya was a turkey shoot at best (might work, might not)
  2. Lumiya 'proved' nothing whatsoever on the viability of running Second Life as a 3D client on mobile
  3. Lumiya is long dead - it is a historical footnote as far as Viewers of any kind go
    1. That is all it is and all it ever really was - pretending it was some sort of break through is ... deluded at best
    2. It is not some sort of standard that was set or bar to meet

I will withhold my reactions concerning the fruit ecosystem.

1. Excuses. The only people who seemed to have problems with it were those on Samsungs because they are too finicky in other ways too.

2. Get over it. A lone third party dev managed to create a mobile viewer that the Lab seems to have a lot of trouble creating.

3. It worked for years so yes it is a standard. If you don't like that, too bad. It STILL works better from reports by those who have tried both it and the Lab version and it has a Grid manager, something the Lab one will likely never have.

It seems like Lumiya is the only thing you and Coffee agree on. What's with that?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It seems like Lumiya is the only thing you and Coffee agree on. What's with that?

Choose your fate ...

• It's a conspiracy. No really, we're actually conspiring (or would be if we had ever met or spoken).
  • 😄 doesn't always mean what you think it means.
  • or maybe it does 🙃
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Choose your fate ...

• It's a conspiracy. No really, we're actually conspiring (or would be if we had ever met or spoken).
  • 😄 doesn't always mean what you think it means.
  • or maybe it does 🙃

Ooh! It's like one of those old "choose your own story" books, but with adult stuffs.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

1. Excuses. The only people who seemed to have problems with it were those on Samsungs because they are too finicky in other ways too.

2. Get over it. A lone third party dev managed to create a mobile viewer that the Lab seems to have a lot of trouble creating.

3. It worked for years so yes it is a standard. If you don't like that, too bad. It STILL works better from reports by those who have tried both it and the Lab version and it has a Grid manager, something the Lab one will likely never have.

Defensive much? It's like someone kicked you in the Lumiyas!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Point blank for you: No matter how much you wish otherwise, my numbered points concerning your Holy Grail of Mobile Viewers are reality.

Reality does not care how much of a fanatic you are about any particular Viewer.

Deal. With. It.

Edited by Solar Legion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Point blank for you: No matter how much you wish otherwise, my numbered points concerning your Holy Grail of Mobile Viewers are reality.

Reality does not care how much of a fanatic you are about any particular Viewer.

Deal. With. It.

burned-food.gif

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Neither is SL.

And yet, they're the main population that  SL has catered to for the past 2 decades, keeping SL in the past until the point of near death.

Only recently have they realized they have to bring in some new blood :p...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

And yet, they're the main population that  SL has catered to for the past 2 decades, keeping SL in the past until the point of near death.

They are the main population because the magical revolving door that has provided new users has been generally neglected since Sansar. SL never used to suffer with low signups, we just had really high churn (low retention), now we seem to have both.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Midnoot said:

One can go far with what is called 'true fans', they can keep your venture alive and kicking... until of course - they aren't! This is what SL is facing right now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cynite00 said:

One can go far with what is called 'true fans', they can keep your venture alive and kicking... until of course - they aren't! This is what SL is facing right now.

It's ok. We'll be dead soon and SL will die and you can go back to playing WoW.

1 minute ago, Prokofy Neva said:
1 hour ago, Cynite00 said:

Luckily, I won't care when I'm dead. Because I'll be dead.

1 minute ago, Prokofy Neva said:

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Assuming you're "old" (like some of us), with that attitude it's really confusing as to why you're here.

This all better have been for more than "I got mine".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

I'd rather have you onboard (and I think you are from past posts) in how we open up SL to new blood, and kick LL's butt to get professional and prompt in their development roadmaps, etc so that you and I don't die before we see positive changes. Cuz at this pace they go... wow.. come on man.

Time's ticking for them . Tick, tock, tick tock! In tech a year is a long time, never mine 2 , or 3, or 6 or 20! What's the hold up?

Edited by Cynite00
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1