This House Believes Most People Never Leave Their Sims

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have six homes, so i can hang out in a different one every day. There are a few clubs I like to visit also, 

Only six? What do you do on the Sabbath day then? Rest in RL?

For that 7th home....???

Here is a lovely home opportunity for you that would fit your waterslide perfectly.

As the seller to leave the winch. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I find it a little disturbing that you keep tabs on your tenants' movements. That's all I have to say. 

On 6/21/2024 at 1:01 PM, Diablo Lioncourt said:

Apartment dwellers don't generally spend most of their time at home.

I don't "keep tabs on" my tenants. I fly around and answer their tickets to do things, duh. They're at home! And stay there, which is why I leave!

I also look at the map, and notice the green dots on their parcels.

I don't have the time, the bandwidth, or the graphics card chops to "keep tabs" on my tenants.

As for my apartment dwellers, they seem to like their homes judging from the traffic on the lot. 

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

are you saying $200 *dollars* or Lindens?

Which governments are those??? That's nuts. How could they possibly keep track.

Yes REAL US$200 dollars! :D
And what you mean how they do track?
All of our life here and in every other virtual world is recorded and saved.. chatlogs, transactions etc..

They force that world to put a limit on how much someone can spend in one day ( US$200)

8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have six homes, so i can hang out in a different one every day. There are a few clubs I like to visit also, 

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yep, I change clothes everyday and often hair and accessories.  Sometimes, twice a day if I head to a beach region/club.  I use one mesh body so anything I buy, I buy for that body.  Easy peasy.

Everyone has different priorities in SL.  Yours, I assume, is managing you land holdings?  Others might spend their time building or scripting.  I like shopping, dressing up my Barbie and wandering around looking for people to chat with.

I go in the same outfit for days and days when I change my home. A new house and a new garden. I spend all my time moving trees, deleting a tree, using another one, trying the first one again. The same with all landscaping details. Flowers, grass, boulders and outdoor furniture. I read "home and garden" blogs and search the Marketplace for new and better things.

As I type this, I just put a set for landscaping in my Marketplace shopping cart, after seeing it in a blog.

So when I log in, I am using it to change the garden... again.

When I am finished with a home, I spend a lot of time on my avatar instead. And then, I change outfit/hair/accessories every time I log in.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I go in the same outfit for days and days when I change my home. A new house and a new garden. I spend all my time moving trees, deleting a tree, using another one, trying the first one again. The same with all landscaping details. Flowers, grass, boulders and outdoor furniture. I read "home and garden" blogs and search the Marketplace for new and better things.

As I type this, I just put a set for landscaping in my Marketplace shopping cart, after seeing it in a blog.

So when I log in, I am using it to change the garden... again.

When I am finished with a home, I spend a lot of time on my avatar instead. And then, I change outfit/hair/accessories every time I log in.

I second that, I'm 60% landscaping and decorating, 25% exploring and 15% working on my avi.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be more inclined to leave my sim if most of my interactions with people haven't been totally awful or just disappointing. But since my sim is a decently sized public park, all of my time there is spent building and decorating.

Getting mad that people are actually living in the parcel that they pay you money for, that's a little weird, but then again that does sound right for a landlord to do.

• Haha 1

I spend all my time in sl decorating at home, as Prokofy probably knows because we're neighbours. I only come up for air to buy furniture somewhere else. 

I always thought i was a bit of a weird onion but maybe not . 

• Like 4

I have SL wanderlust. I do designate time to work on things on our private region and in my successions of Linden Homes (one at a time) or in my other ‘homes’ (a large atrium, my quarters and office on a space station, my pied a terre in a historical estate amidst fellow bon vivants, but those usually involve more visiting and socializing in the common areas ). I sort inventory about once a week (it will never be fully sorted) and tend to my daily crazes and habits - currently MyStory leveling - and I do change clothes and test demos at home in my giant closet - I don’t shop as much as I used to but I still love to change up my SL appearance often .

More often than not, I log in to go do or see something so I hop all over the place. Pregaming and afterparties are common as is stopping off at intermediate places ‘on the way’ or someone dragging the whole posse to see something ELSE one of us heard about. Maybe if I had a region that was open to the public or hosted rentals or a co-operative venture it would be different and I’d concentrate on building that up and on hosting things as a form of ‘staying home’ but that’s usually not my MO, even though I have done it successfully in the past. I usually have more fun going somewhere than staying home in SL. I saw a map in another thread detailing how much interconnection there is on the continents now so new SL Bucket List items involve air, land and sea travel shenanigans. And I still need to play the passport stamp game.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2024 at 12:45 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

MOST PEOPLE NEVER LEAVE THEIR SIMS.

This is the sense I get as well. I occasionally go out to shop, visit galleries, explore the map and listen to some live music. Some fun events as well. But most of my inworld time is spent at my parcels. I enjoy the privacy and peace of staying there when I'm building or working on something, or just relaxing and reading. When I want to spend time with friends, I just invite them over and we can chat without being interrupted. It's great to have a place to call my own. Almost all of my friends who are land owners/renters have that same pattern, and some of my neighbors do as well (I see them on the "nearby" tab.) We build nice places for a reason!

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 3

My rez day email informed me that the average number of regions that residents visited in the year was 103, and mine was around 3000. I don't know if they differentiate bots etc, but that would mean a lot of people staying "home" and visiting a handful of clubs and shopping venues to me.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2024 at 2:16 AM, Polenth Yue said:

There are people living near me that I don't see getting out much. I go all over the place though. I don't think they've sent me a breakdown of how many regions in a year for a bit, but it's a lot.

The Lindens send you this birthday greeting that shows how many hours you were online and how many teleports you made.

And these figures for me were like phenomenally huge, to the point that I think it was a mistake. 

• Like 5

On 7/11/2024 at 3:32 PM, Prokofy Neva said:

The Lindens send you this birthday greeting that shows how many hours you were online and how many teleports you made.

And these figures for me were like phenomenally huge, to the point that I think it was a mistake. 

Do you know if it counts unique regions, or also every visit of the same region, like every time I log into my set home? I found my figures surprisingly high, as well.

• Like 1

hum... I do tend to spend time at places where I have a vested interest.. like my 5 linden homes, my 1400 sqM property on shore of Sea of Fables, Mount Campion National Forest (which some amazing hiking areas), and of course the Bellisseria Citizens Head Quarters.

But I also spend a lot of time visiting friends houses to see how they have decorated and socializing with them. I also love to walk around assorted Bellisseria regions, which are mostly lovely and fun to explore. I like to spend time at LL's Hub and Firestorm's Gateway where you can greet and help new residents. I enjoy Boating around Sansara's Sea of Fables, which has a lot of fun mole builds and amazing private builds that are open to the public.

Then there are the fun socials.. such as the amazing events the Hammies frequently put on at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds, great dance places like Muddys. Oh.. did I mention shopping? between Fifty Linden Fridays, the SL Home Decor Weekend Sale, the Fifty/Fifty sales, etc -- they take you to great stores offering amazing prices all over the grid. And there are the 4 shop and hops each year, not to mention the annual month-long SL Birthday exhibitions.

While I do love my homes, I cant say that I spend the vast majority of my time there, because there is so much else to see and do in SL.

• Like 1

Like @Rowan Amore I log in at my home, change into a new outfit for the day depending on my plans (casual, dressy, formal, swim etc), I always change in my closet/bath area in the room next to the bedroom, then head out for whatever activity I have in mind. Checking my gallery for sales, sitting in my studio in world and doing art here in the RL world, dancing with the boyfriend, shopping, sailing, exploring a sim, whatever.

And like her I sometimes change a couple times a day if I need to.

I'm also home when trying on demo clothes, landscaping, hanging out in my pool or jazz club, snuggling, chilling at the end of the day, or for more "private" times.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 3

I'm currently living in one of my own sky parcels. I'm definitely getting the impression that most of my tenants log in at their skybox, and then go somewhere.

They may return to their sky later with company. It doesn't appear sky people are "homebodies" unless they're standing around trying things on or AFK.

Kink City _413.jpg

Edited by Diablo Lioncourt
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 82 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.