Preventing TP to G-rated regions

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I doubt people who are always Bimbos and Himbos will use the feature, as it would break immersion for them.

The typist behind every avatar agreed to follow the TOS, and for adults, bits covered in a G-rated area satisfies it. Sartorial sensibility is another matter, and taste is subjective in what is considered fetish wear, too bare, etc. Poor Grandma may not like the ā€˜Sunā€™s out Buns outā€™ teeny bikini swimwear or a micro mini with a bondage straps top (and I wonā€™t try her patience and wear it on a G region, haha) - but afaik itā€™s compliant? Please correct me if itā€™s not.

Something else Iā€™ve been thinking about: anyone who is 100% RP IC 24/7 (no matter the role) also knows that some people donā€™t or wonā€™t consent to be involved in their RP immersion when not in an area designated IC for a RP. Most people are hopefully willing to be smart about it, can read the room and will respect others wishes and preferences so they donā€™t force the issue but thereā€™s always those fewā€¦And no, Iā€™m not a RP killjoy but TPO applies. Time, Place, Occasion. My typist doesnā€™t need ā€˜preventionā€™ from going somewhere or a panic button when thereā€™s a clear content rating system applied to each region and I have a ā€˜homeā€™ button. Anything else is IC RP to me, so if someone wants to make a RP issue about it, I guess you can commission a scripter to make you a RP panic button or TP preventer.Ā 

Lastly, something else often ignored: ā€œContent in profiles must beĀ General, and must obey theĀ Terms of ServiceĀ andĀ Community Standards.ā€ Ā Edit: this might be a topic unto itself.Ā 

Edited by Fauve Aeon
Typos
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

General sims only require that your private parts be covered so technically a thong or g-string and the skimpest of bras that only coveres the bare minimum would be following the rules if not the spirit which is often described as what you would do in front of your grandma or a grade school class.Ā 

The rules really should be updated to fit the spirit with some sort of modest dress code for General sims.Ā 

@Madi MelodiousĀ I'm sure if Madi can make a panic button for kids then the opposite could be made for adults who don't want to enter G regions.Ā 

One problem is a lot of water ways are general rated.

The Blake Sea is moderate but move a little away from there and the regions become a mix of general and moderate.

I don't think governance needs or would want to take on the job of policing bikini lines.Ā 

Although I can't find it now, I am sure it used to be in the wiki that context was important for governance decisions and passing through or arriving by accident briefly on a general region wearing moderate rated outfits was not a problem. Whilst I can't find it now, I haven't seen anything to suggest that advice no longer applies.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with Sid, it's a solution without a problem.Ā  There are many inworld shops on G-rated regions.Ā  I had one on the mainland.Ā  I wanted to include all SL ages, since my products appealed to all ages.Ā  If someone excludes G-rated sims, and they tried to TP to my shop, they would get a message that this region is not available.Ā  They would think the region had closed, and look elsewhere, and I could lose a customer.Ā Ā 

If people are so stupid that they are afraid they might accidently go to a G-rated region naked, they should not be in SL at all.Ā  Do you go shopping in RL and forget to put on your clothes?Ā  I like smart people, as Elon Musk has said.

Ā 

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Do you go shopping in RL and forget to put on your clothes?

I like to think SL isnā€™t largely comprised of People of Walmart level fashion choices, but instead of getting salty about it, I just derender people if I donā€™t like what they are wearing (or not wearing). It gives me something to do while I wait for things to rez in.Ā 

Posted (edited)

Knowing the way SL works who can say for sure the naked person at the general rated shopping event isn't wearing a full covering burka on their screen?

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

One problem is a lot of water ways are general rated.

The Blake Sea is moderate but move a little away from there and the regions become a mix of general and moderate.

I don't think governance needs or would want to take on the job of policing bikini lines.Ā 

Although I can't find it now, I am sure it used to be in the wiki that context was important for governance decisions and passing through or arriving by accident briefly on a general region wearing moderate rated outfits was not a problem. Whilst I can't find it now, I haven't seen anything to suggest that advice no longer applies.

Yeah intent seems to be a very important driving factor. They mentioned that when discussing similar situations for child avatars when accidentally visting adult regions.Ā 

Maybe a dress code is unworkable but currently General sims are a joke with how little they are policed.Ā 

• Like 1

@Bit McMillanĀ made a tool for kid avatars called A-scape, which alerts a user if they accidentally TP to Adult-rated land and helps them quickly TP back to a safe zone. Maybe you could script or find someone to script something similar that alerts you if you've landed on G-rated land?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Everyone that uses BOM arrives naked.... check the top of your screen to see the maturity rating and leave before anyone can see anything but that nasty naked system avi you are flaunting

Ā 

I use BoM lingerie all the time and I never see a naked avatar, my BoM clothing is there.Ā  Even if you remove your mesh body the BoM clothing is still there, at least that is what I just saw testing it in world. And that is why I use BoM, so there is no naked body on TP.
I could be wrong but that is how it is working for me, maybe the viewer has something to do with it.

Ā 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

maybe, never noticed šŸ˜‚

Ā 

58 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ctl+Shift+H on Windows, IIRC.

crMwmVW.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Teagan Tobias said:

Ā 

I use BoM lingerie all the time and I never see a naked avatar, my BoM clothing is there.Ā  Even if you remove your mesh body the BoM clothing is still there, at least that is what I just saw testing it in world. And that is why I use BoM, so there is no naked body on TP.
I could be wrong but that is how it is working for me, maybe the viewer has something to do with it.

Ā 

I'll tp someplace busy and snap a pic to show you the horror show I see everytime i go to a busy sim.

Never mind, I found a pic I took a few months ago, a whole roomful of naked system avis, but I can't post it here, because they are naked šŸ˜‚

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Why?
The viewer has a "home" button.

Nope sorry, the way my firestorm (phoenix) is set out there isn't a home button.

Maybe adding a home button is an option, but I don't have it

18 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'll tp someplace busy and snap a pic to show you the horror show I see everytime i go to a busy sim.

Never mind, I found a pic I took a few months ago, a whole roomful of naked system avis, but I can't post it here, because they are naked šŸ˜‚

Ā 

LOL, thatā€™s ok, I donā€™t need a pic, I believe you. Iā€™m just saying it does not appear to work that way for me.
From your posts I see your using firestorm, Iā€™ve never used that viewer, I use Kokua. Not saying that has anything to do with it but still, Iā€™m not seeing the same thing your seeing.
Its kind of weird.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

LOL you are using the LL viewer, you poor thing

viewerdisplay.png

It's on Firestorm as well if you have the Navigation bar showing.

Tweenkies is an interesting name for a place.Ā  šŸ¤”

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

@Madi MelodiousĀ I'm sure if Madi can make a panic button for kids then the opposite could be made for adults who don't want to enter G regions.Ā 

It wouldn't be that difficult at all.Ā  The code for its pretty straight forward.Ā  Should be simple to reverse the case statement in the panic button code to allow for this.Ā  Now that I'm thinking about it, if all you want to do is keep out of one type of region class it would be even simpler.Ā 

The code in the panic button pulls the region rating when you enter a new region and compares it to the region you have set in the hud.Ā  If the region rating exceeds the hud setting, it sends you to your safezone.Ā  The panic button hud will not accept a "G" rating on the settings because it has to be able to send you somewhere.Ā 

Just remove that part of the code and set it for the one region type and you are gold.Ā  If anyone is up to the task, poke me in world and I'll give you the code to the panic button.Ā  It's gpl.

or you can just get it from here.

Second Life Marketplace - Panic button (full perm)

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Well, that's unnecessarily crass.

its not crass, its true, i dont understand why anyone would use that piece of crap that has probably caused more noobs to abandon SL than anything else

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's on Firestorm as well if you have the Navigation bar showing.

Tweenkies is an interesting name for a place.Ā  šŸ¤”

and I need the navigation bar becauseā€¦. ?

Wait now i rememberā€¦ itā€™s so you can hit the ā€œbackā€ button to tp back to your previous location just like in a web browser šŸ˜‚

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
spelling

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I agree with Sid, it's a solution without a problem.Ā 

Our new Apple overlords might find it to be a problem, as well as social media platforms with a lot of bored people on them looking for solutions without a problem.Ā  Ā  I think this is what Oberwager meant when he said don't ruin mobile, don't log into "G rated sims dressed inappropriately or preform acts that are inappropriate for the area.Ā  I could easily see click baiters out there looking to make a little money, would want to spread the dangers of second life to their doom scrolling audience looking for their daily dose of outrage.Ā  If they were not able to find it, perhaps they would just as well create a few accounts and create it themselves.

Society, the internet, and especially social media, tends to look for solutions without problems.

Edited by Istelathis
I for one do not welcome our new Apple overlords
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1