So let's play fair

29 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

it's been nothing but complaining about not being able to be a naked kid in sl.

I don't know what threads you are reading but I've not seen any child avatar complain about not being naked in SL.  Most of the complaining about that seems to be becoming from the adult community thinking the entire child community wants to run around naked.  

Most of us have been complaining about inventory loss, how our avatar is going to be affected by being forced to wear something none of want, and the image that we are being targeted.  An yes, we are being targeted.   

Now most of us realize that targeting is not coming from the Lab but a higher force.  So, we are going to grumble and comply.  

An yes, you are slandering my entire community.   You may not think you are, but you are. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You didn't quote Ingrid very well:

I posted what was in the buffer when I hit "quote" and then highlighted it (I didn't send the post right after starting it). Which suggests that the "member of the community" part was more important than the "someone else" part.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's not unreasonable for customers of a service to place demands on that service, or express themselves when that service changes in ways that affects the customers needs.

Very true. But one should not expect that companies will change their policies.
They listen (rightfully so) a lot better to their legal advisors than to individual wishes from their customers in cases like this IMHO.
Google, Apple and the lot are more important for their business in the end.

“Any color the customer wants, as long as it’s black.” - Henry Ford.

Edited by Sid Nagy
added the quote.

Just now, Sid Nagy said:

They listen (rightfully so) a lot better to their legal advisors than to individual wishes from their customers in cases like this IMHO.

No corporation is lawful good.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

And yet since by LL's own admittance the FaQ is being written as we post, the particulars have not been written in stone nor has it been determined how strongly Governance is going to witch hunt. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You didn't quote Ingrid very well:

I posted what was in the buffer when I hit "quote" and then highlighted it (I didn't send the post right after starting it). Which suggests that the "member of the community" part was more important than the "someone else" part.

..sure! But by deleting the critical phrase (even by accident), and quoting without it, you made it sound like Ingrid literally was..

You know, never mind. You know, even if you didn't do it on purpose.  🙂

The original:   It was someone else from sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

^^ The above original quote makes it clear that it was ONE person ("someone else").

What you posted: It was sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

^^ What you posted makes is sound like Ingrid was claiming the entire "sl kid community" complained.

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I don't know what threads you are reading but I've not seen any child avatar complain about not being naked in SL.

That only happened once that I've seen - one or two people in the initial TOS change thread. They were called out by just about everybody. I haven't seen anything like that said again since.

To address the main OP, Moderate land is just one of those weird things. I do agree that sometimes you just wanna chill and buy some lemonade dispensers or something without getting an eyeful, but it is allowed. Even as a fully adult avatar, I sometimes find myself trying to time my store trips to encounter the least number of people possible. I'm a grinch like that these days. I've seen too much, y'all. I've seen way, way too much. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That only happened once that I've seen - one or two people in the initial TOS change thread. They were called out by just about everybody. I haven't seen anything like that said again since.

Yup! And they stuck out like a sore..bum.  

• Like 2

When it's suggested that those using child avatars need to start policing their community, it makes me wonder do we who use adult avatars need to start policing adults who are engaging in a*eplay with child avatars?

Now that question is rhetorical. But it's brought up to illustrate how unfair such an attitude is, IMO.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

When it's suggested that those using child avatars need to start policing their community, it makes me wonder do we who use adult avatars need to start policing adults who are engaging in a*eplay with child avatars?

I think there is an assumption that is already happening. 

Partly, I think some people know to report this so they themselves are not accused of it when merely witnessing it.

Partly, I think some people know to report this so they are not accused of "allowing it on their land".

etc.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think there is an assumption that is already happening. 

Partly, I think some people know to report this so they themselves are not accused of it when merely witnessing it.

Partly, I think some people know to report this so they are not accused of "allowing it on their land".

etc.

That's not what I'm reading for the most part in these forums. Of course there has been a vocal minority advocating for those using child avatars, but there is also a very strong undercurrent of blame the child avatar community.

With that said, I am well aware that forums are not the ideal medium for expressing one's actual ideas and positions on issues. As demonstrated earlier when you and I read into brodiac's post a message he didn't mean for us to receive.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The majority group always look the other way whilst demanding the minority police themselves to impossible standards. 

Sometimes the way I see it is the majority demands we police ourselves and completely ignore the fact that we do.  Then tell us to sit down and shut up when we complain about something we think is unfair.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Madi Melodious said:

I just learned that some of my child avatar friends have close to a thousand sims among them.  We are by no means a small part of the SL community.     So, the next time some of you think about just banning the adorable little community, just remember we are a large part of what holds SL together.  

I'm also of the option that we should start reminding LL that we a large economic part of the community.  

I was wondering if your friends with all those regions could approach LL and have them all joined together as your own continent like teen grid  was but for child only avatars. Maybe others would want to join in. 

It's just a seed of an idea but it could be under 18 avatars only.  Probably not possible in practice but i am sure you get the idea

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

That community, in my mind, includes anyone, in any avatar who frequently spends time with child avis. Not just the adult wearing the child avi. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I don't know what threads you are reading but I've not seen any child avatar complain about not being naked in SL

Your memory is failing.

In the 250+ page monster thread, there was one foaming-at-the-mouth Tiny Toxic Terror Tot Retribution Front member, who went on and on about how the new ToS forbade "perfectly normal" immersion activities like:

Naked at the nude beach with Daddy

Naked in the bath with Daddy

Naked getting ready for bed with Daddy

They complained bitterly and repeatedly that the new ToS DESTROYED immersive family RP.

47 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

An yes, we are being targeted. 

Of course you're being targeted, and rightly so.

That's because, HALF of every illegal ***-play couple on the Grid is a Tiny Toxic Terror Tot avatar, a "member of your community", who hide amongst you, and who trust that you'll all close ranks when LL try to drive them out, and trust that you'll grab your tiny weapons and fight back against LL and the ADULT avatar majority for THEIR right to be scumbags.

And their trust is justified.

Since this mess began there's been more waist height displacement of toxin laden hot air calling for attacks on ALL adult avatars, than calls for the "Fake Children Community of Hypocrisy" to clean up it's own act and root out the threat.

Much of it from you.

You were the one who called for modesty patches on ALL adult bodies and skins at the meeting on Monday.

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The majority group always look the other way whilst demanding the minority police themselves to impossible standards. 

Complete hyperbole as usual. Is looking out for sexual play involving child avis "an impossible standard" for you? No. It's not. And by the sounds of it, some people are already doing it. Despite it being ...impossible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

You're right. And I apologize.  It was someone else from sl kid community complaining about not being able to be naked on a beach.  

Why do you think everyone who uses a child avatar is part of the same "community"? What does "community" mean to you? Just using the same mesh body? Because I'm not answering for the misdeeds of some other Maitreya user I've never even met. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I was wondering if your friends with all those regions could approach LL and have them all joined together as your own continent like teen grid  was but for child only avatars. Maybe others would want to join in. 

I know this wasn't addressed to me but it sounds like a cool idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Psyche Starling said:

Why do you think everyone who uses a child avatar is part of the same "community"? What does "community" mean to you? Just using the same mesh body? Because I'm not answering for the misdeeds of some other Maitreya user I've never even met. 

I answered this a few posts up. Anyone, in any avatar who frequently spends time with child avis.