What are you excited for in Second Life?

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you for this thread!

I am excited for the next major improvement in graphics, that will be enabled by the current changes.

Oooh, this is new to me :) I look forward to that as well.  I read somewhere on this forum that LL might be doing work for gamepads, and I might be letting my imagination get the better of me, but I am hoping we get some analog control in SL.  I love driving around, but it can get finicky (just as with any game) without having the precision of a good analog gamepad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:
16 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank you for this thread!

I am excited for the next major improvement in graphics, that will be enabled by the current changes.

Expand  

Oooh, this is new to me :)

To clarify, I'm not saying I know about anything in particular, just that there has to be stuff since the new graphics are an "enabling" technology.

I'm also excited for a return to any work on a "puppetry" project, VR support, and AI integration.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm also excited for a return to any work on a "puppetry" project, VR support, and AI integration.

Dead. Super Dead and covered in vomit. please for the love of ...

I'm excited about SL still not having a blockchain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

To clarify, I'm not saying I know about anything in particular, just that there has to be stuff since the new graphics are an "enabling" technology.

How dare you post something positive that doesn't include adult content!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Istelathis said:

As in developments, new features, events and so on.  At the moment, I am looking forward to SLB as well as more information on the mobile app.  

Not looking too good for the Mobile app as per the App stores requirements as it will not be able to access Adult land. That is pretty limiting.

Full story on Reddit 

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Not looking too good for the Mobile app as per the App stores requirements as it will not be able to access Adult land. That is pretty limiting.

Full story on Reddit 

They should just make a non app store version that can access adult content.

On android, installing a downloaded app from the web is easier than on Windows. If you can figure out how to install Second Life on windows you'll have no problem on Android.

On apple devices things are changing too since the EU is changing law on app store monopoly.

• Like 2

Just now, Extrude Ragu said:

They should just make a non app store version that can access adult content.

On android, installing a downloaded app from the web is easier than on Windows. If you can figure out how to install Second Life on windows you'll have no problem on Android.

On apple devices things are changing too since the EU is changing law on app store monopoly.

Yes I was thinking the same about a non app version. Maybe it is ok for an introductory to SL but beyond that it will be a waste of money for what they invested in coding the Mobile viewer.

I love it that the sky is so high in Second Life.
Because the sky keeps falling and falling, but it is still not near the ground after all these years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I love it that the sky is so high in Second Life.
Because the sky keeps falling and falling, but it is still not near the ground after all these years.

That's maybe because they keep lowering the bar.

19oz0.jpg

2 minutes ago, Makay Scribe said:

Mirrors are cool so far, heres a quick demo i did on my first one. Working with pbr has been great for Machinema lately and my art sims

That's really cool, I'm involved with dance too and had not considered how the two could be combined. 

11 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

That's really cool, I'm involved with dance too and had not considered how the two could be combined. 

trying to figure out how to make a prim explode into shards so i can superman/koolaid manthrough it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Makay Scribe said:

trying to figure out how to make a prim explode into shards so i can superman/koolaid manthrough it lol

Sounds challenging but awesome!!! 

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Dead. Super Dead and covered in vomit. please for the love of ...

I'm excited about SL still not having a blockchain.

Thanks for the update.

I'm excited about the TOS changes, and any that follow which will make Second Life less of a cesspool of kink!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Nothing. None of the upcoming tech improvements and features are anything I haven't already been seeing/using for years elsewhere.

Hey, you asked. 😄

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest. Can you imagine someone whipping out their phone on the train or in the middle of class, teleporting to an adult club, and having all that going on? Though I'm sure they'll still find a way. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I can't say I'm surprised in the slightest. Can you imagine someone whipping out their phone on the train or in the middle of class, teleporting to an adult club, and having all that going on? Though I'm sure they'll still find a way. 

Even a quick google search points out that there is plenty of pron apps out there available at least for android, so it seems the worry that a cartoon app like SL mobile is a small concern in comparison.

• Like 1