Why Second Life is Good, Actually

Posted (edited)

Oh, this thread has just brought back a RL memory from the depths. Many years back, my Mrs and I were in Bulgaria, sat in a little and slightly rough outdoors cafe near the Danube. There was a scruffy, skinny cat wandering around the tables, being shooed away or ignored as it gave pathetic, hoarse meows every so often.

When it came around our table, I 'accidentally' dropped it a little food next to my chair. To my surprise, the cat didn't pounce on it and devour it. Instead, it mewed a little louder and two kittens ran out from the long grass nearby. The cat sat and watched while its kittens ate. It almost brought tears to my eyes (and cost me most of the remainder of my lunch, lol).

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Charlemagne Allen said:

I can be a cat and meow at people all the time in SL.

I know . Every time I hear relentless meowing,Β  I un minimize sl and see you there . And then you're gone within 30 seconds . >:c.Β Β 

Β 

" hello children !"

Edited by Midnoot

18 hours ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Oh, this thread has just brought back a RL memory from the depths. Many years back, my Mrs and I were in Bulgaria, sat in a little and slightly rough outdoors cafe near the Danube. There was a scruffy, skinny cat wandering around the tables, being shooed away or ignored as it gave pathetic, hoarse meows every so often.

When it came around our table, I 'accidentally' dropped it a little food next to my chair. To my surprise, the cat didn't pounce on it and devour it. Instead, it mewed a little louder and two kittens ran out from the long grass nearby. The cat sat and watched while its kittens ate. It almost brought tears to my eyes (and cost me most of the remainder of my lunch, lol).

Thank you for being a kind and compassionate demon! πŸ«ΆπŸˆπŸˆβ€β¬›