Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah Coffee to get rid of the bad apples, one must report them and hold them accountable for their actions. It isn't hard. And doesn't make you a cop, for being a responsible user and doing the right thing. Lol 

Really, brave to assume your own belief that you're not a bad apple saves you.

How about we stop wasting our lives getting swept up in a manufactured moral panic trying to find ways to snitch on each other for imagined crimes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Why, it's not like one is given a fair hearing or even an opportunity to respond to an AR or ban.

Sometimes people just need to feel powerful .. and self righteously destroying someone else's happiness is an easy way to accomplish that.

Ironically childish and spiteful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Why did you cut out my whole statement? Lol. May I ask why you infantilize adults? 

You know that is not what I'm doing at all.  There are avatars that look young.  Not child avatars but teen avatars.  They look less than 18.  @Kaia Sachinjust posted one in this thread that I agree looks less than 18.  Do I care?  Not at all.  She could even wear that outfit or less and I wouldn't care.  Now, if I saw her in an adult region getting busy with an adult avatar, I'd be concerned.  Anywhere else doing anything else...I do not care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Kaia Sachin said:

Do you think I look 18+ now with this eyeshadow? I tried lipstick but hate how I look with it on. 

eyeshadow.png

You looked adult before but you should stop worrying about how a few people think you look and just look how you want to look. If you want to look older, just put make up on. More make-up you have on the older you look, 9 times out of ten, that's how you usually age up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Really, brave to assume your own belief that you're not a bad apple saves you.

How about we stop wasting our lives getting swept up in a manufactured moral panic trying to find ways to snitch on each other for imagined crimes.

Moral panic and imagined crimes? Lol. What are imagined crimes please tell me. Lol. Also how am I causing moral panic? Please tell me that. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Why, it's not like one is given a fair hearing or even an opportunity to respond to an AR or ban.

Well then demand that, don't let people get away from breaking rules. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well then demand that, don't let people get away from breaking rules. 

We don't have that power.

We can however control our own actions and not throw people under the bus based on speculation.

Nothing bad happens if you do nothing when presented with a avatar who's owner thinks is over 18.

• Like 1

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

We don't have that power.

We can however control our own actions and not throw people under the bus based on speculation.

Nothing bad happens if you do nothing when presented with a avatar who's owner thinks is over 18.

I am talking about rules in general. If I come across and witness someone breaking any of the TOS, of course i am gonna hold them accountable. Not like I am actively going out looking to AR People. And if you actually read what I have stated in the past, I have commented that I would ask their age. If I see someone that I don't know their age, however look childish. Partaking in certain activities. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

Do you think I look 18+ now with this eyeshadow? I tried lipstick but hate how I look with it on. 

eyeshadow.png

You could try posting that in the Child, Adult, Can't Tell photo thread in Your Avatar and ask for detailed opinions in its sister thread for discussions. You might get more feedback that way.

• Like 3

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

No one has to answer to you.

Fair point. But still, I am not gonna let people break the rules. And no it don't make me feel morally superior, it was just how I was raised. And imma keep being that way. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You could try posting that in the Child, Adult, Can't Tell photo thread in Your Avatar and ask for detailed opinions in its sister thread for discussions. You might get more feedback that way.

That thread hardly could tell if someone was child or adult, unless the avatar was built a certain way and had massive boobs. It's, at this point, just a critic's thread for people to judge you on your looks.

It helps no one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

That thread hardly could tell if someone was child or adult, unless the avatar was built a certain way and had massive boobs. It's, at this point, just a critic's thread for people to judge you on your looks.

It helps no one.

I do agree with that. It also seems like people are just pushing their standards on you and even infantilizing adults who may look younger. Also for some strange reason, sexualising them hardcore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

I look so much older with this skin. I do feel weird in it though. As if I just had face transplant or something lol

older.png

OMGosh, that's so pretty and yes you look very adult there. I will say a new face does take some time to get used to. It still has attributes of your other face though. I can see it.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I am talking about rules in general. If I come across and witness someone breaking any of the TOS, of course i am gonna hold them accountable. Not like I am actively going out looking to AR People. And if you actually read what I have stated in the past, I have commented that I would ask their age. If I see someone that I don't know their age, however look childish. Partaking in certain activities. 

"Hi there!" (avatar I think looks too young to be here).  "Can I ask how old you are" (so I can decide whether or not to AR you)?

"OH, I am definitely 18. It was my Birthday just yesterday in fact."

"Thanks!, Carry on and I won't report you."

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

"Hi there!" (avatar I think looks too young to be here).  "Can I ask how old you are" (so I can decide whether or not to AR you)?

"OH, I am definitely 18. It was my Birthday just yesterday in fact."

"Thanks!, Carry on and I won't report you."

But why would you AR someone, if you don't know their age, or even if they are a kid or not? Make that make sense. 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Kaia Sachin said:

I look so much older with this skin. I do feel weird in it though. As if I just had face transplant or something lol

older.png

The skin reshapes your avatars face ... the area between your eyes and your jaw and cheek area are completely changed. It's not only the makeup doing the work with that skin. Although you look very pretty in it ... the younger looking face does also.  Based on your face I wouldn't "card" you if I had that responsibility at a venue. In the skin pictured here.

Edited by Chery Amore
added last sentence for clarification
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

But why would you AR someone, if you don't know their age, or even if they are a kid or not? Make that make sense. 

Because I'm witnessing them doing something someone under 18 should not be doing (age-play) or they look under 18 and are in an adult venue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaia Sachin said:

eyeshadow.png

13–16 would be my age range guess. I wouldn't have that avatar anywhere near an adult spot, even if it is really nicely done (and it is).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Because I'm witnessing them doing something someone under 18 should not be doing (age-play) or they look under 18 and are in an adult venue.

Okay but here is my issue, without knowing their age how would you know they are violating the TOS? That is my point. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Okay but here is my issue, without knowing their age how would you know they are violating the TOS? That is my point. 

Now you are just being argumentative for the sake of it. IF they look under 18 I don't care how old they SAY they are. Do you really think someone in an adult venue that looks under 18 is going to tell you they are 16 *in SL* 

Are you getting RL mixed up with SL?

• Like 2