Modesty Patch Discussion

33 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hello everyone and Happy Friday!

As promised, we did just complete some updates to our FAQ, and adjusted our policy as well to match. Please give the updated FAQ a read.

We want to also thank everyone for the feedback we have received from the various communities that helped us make these updated changes and add additional clarification.

@Tommy Linden  💖 big hugs!!! 💖

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The new FAQ is typo central ..

There are a couple of points that I feel you have missed the mark on answering.

Specifically.

The question about adult bodies being downsized was in relation to built in genitalia. The Maitreya and Rebirth bodies BOTH have geometry in the crotch to represent female genitals (the rebirth, a body FOR child avatars, being extremely detailed). Do these actual meshes comply with the rules? A modestly layer is not going to make this go away. I don't want to post pictures. Do I have to post pictures ?

The term Kidcore has been broadly misunderstood. This is ADULT avatars wearing clothing with a child like aesthetic, fashion or style. This is NOT stuff for child avatars, but looks like it could be.

These additions were just posted. I figure they'll correct the typos.

Regarding "Kidcore." I just looked up the term. It generally has nothing to do with animations, though I suspect there could be child-like furniture in SL with sexual animations in them. These should be clearly labeled going forward as being intended only for adult (18+) avatars.

GenX can also show genitalia built into the mesh of the body. What about Reborn & Erika? I know Erika has gentital add-ons. Maitreya Lara & LaraX should be safe with the BOM layer worn to smooth out the genital region & nipples, then wearing BOM undies or other modesty textures that fully cover the naughty bits.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The new FAQ is typo central ..

There are a couple of points that I feel you have missed the mark on answering.

Specifically.

The question about adult bodies being downsized was in relation to built in genitalia. The Maitreya and Rebirth bodies BOTH have geometry in the crotch to represent female genitals (the rebirth, a body FOR child avatars, being extremely detailed). Do these actual meshes comply with the rules? A modestly layer is not going to make this go away. I don't want to post pictures. Do I have to post pictures ?

The term Kidcore has been broadly misunderstood. This is ADULT avatars wearing clothing with a child like aesthetic, fashion or style. This is NOT stuff for child avatars, but looks like it could be.

IIRC, using one of the BoM layers on Maitreya effectively smooths out the genital area.  I haven't used that body in awhile but I know the option is there.  With my Reborn, I can do the same with a click of a button on the HUD.

Before...https://gyazo.com/34f8130d2e551297332154baaad047db

After...https://gyazo.com/aa726c5ad31821f36cd0500357c59d77

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

At least you all know the work wasn't done by a bot! Can't give a guy even a minute or two of slack on the typos (which are already fixed, for those wondering). I am going to take my hot bean water beverage and call it a day and just go home!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Tommy Linden said:

At least you all know the work wasn't done by a bot! Can't give a guy even a minute or two of slack on the typos (which are already fixed, for those wondering). I am going to take my hot bean water beverage and call it a day and just go home!

Starbucks, 50% off today with their app, in case there's one on your way home.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Thanks for everything you do @Tommy Linden I can really tell you have been listening to everyone. It's kind of freaky to discuss things in the forums and then see things in the FAQ but good all the same. 

Like Madi said, big hugs! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Kidcore - This is an adult.

intro-1664293668.jpg?ex=665b96e0&is=665a4560&hm=41fd008d395411693a81047947764c12c9185880a4bbb66ef84743ad922a29b1&=

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Kidcore - This is an adult.

intro-1664293668.jpg?ex=665b96e0&is=665a4560&hm=41fd008d395411693a81047947764c12c9185880a4bbb66ef84743ad922a29b1&=

They weren't talking about the look in their answer but objects with adult animations...

Q: With the new rules, what is the stance on "kidcore" products?

A: If objects contain adult/sexual animations they cannot be marketed to or for child avatars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

They weren't talking about the look in their answer but objects with adult animations...

Q: With the new rules, what is the stance on "kidcore" products?

A: If objects contain adult/sexual animations they cannot be marketed to or for child avatars.

Kidcore is not objects with animations.

Kicore is not child avatar specific, or even aimed specifically  at child avatars.

Kidcore is mostly a dress up aesthetic.

I'm not even sure how they got from kidcore to objects with animations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lilbap said:

Fingers crossed for not needing a boob strap when you don't got boobs.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm kind of amazed they changed the rule for toddler avatars. 

13 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. I'm kind of amazed they changed the rule for toddler avatars.

Ha yeah thankfully I don't breathe ;)

• Haha 1

@Tommy Linden

To be honest, I've been pretty angry at you guys for a few days now. I lost a community of friends that hung out on a sim that was functionally Mature but flagged adult due to ignorance of the ToS.

Having reported actual people that have hit me up for sex still around didn't really improve my feelings.

This is nice though, it feels we've been heard.

So thanks to those that have helped ease the stress of this situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Kidcore is not objects with animations.

Kicore is not child avatar specific, or even aimed specifically  at child avatars.

Kidcore is mostly a dress up aesthetic.

I'm not even sure how they got from kidcore to objects with animations.

Don't market your Disney princess bedroom.set with adult animations to children?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Don't market your Disney princess bedroom.set with adult animations to children?

That's not kidcore.

That's something else entirely.

But again, as there seems to be some reading comprehension problems here .. That's not what a question about kidcore was in reference too in a discussion and policy about avatars.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Kidcore is an aesthetic targeting 90s childhood nostalgia. It includes the use of highly saturated primary colours like red, blue and yellow along with childish themes derived from cartoons like Rugrats and Hello Kitty. Glitters, rainbows, stuffed toys, slinkys and stickers are commonly sported by kidcorists who channel the aesthetic.

Since they didn't address the rainbow stickers on your face, your teddy bear or your binky, they must not see a problem with it.  Unless of course, your avatar is already of questionable age.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Kidcore is an aesthetic targeting 90s childhood nostalgia. It includes the use of highly saturated primary colours like red, blue and yellow along with childish themes derived from cartoons like Rugrats and Hello Kitty. Glitters, rainbows, stuffed toys, slinkys and stickers are commonly sported by kidcorists who channel the aesthetic.

Since they didn't address the rainbow stickers on your face, your teddy bear or your binky, they must not see a problem with it.  Unless of course, your avatar is already of questionable age.

Looking at some kidcore makeup, if you weren't a questionable age before, you'd likely be after putting it on.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lilbap said:

I lost a community of friends that hung out on a sim that was functionally Mature but flagged adult due to ignorance of the ToS.

Wait - what happened?