The new ToS and something I don't think was taken into consideration by LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

But there hasn't. That's a fact. Human hermaphrodites are not a thing that exists. Clearly in SL they can exist, but the obvious answer to that is for anyone who wants to present as a hermaphrodite to wear the female modesty panels.

Look up intersex. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Look up intersex. 

I know what "intersex" is. It's an obsolete term for people with DSDs. And "intersex" people are either male or female, with a developmental disorder. They are not hermaphrodites. There has never been a verified case of a human hermaphrodite.

6 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

Irrelevant. Gender isn't the same as sex.

How is cutting off the external male organ and going with the interior female organs because it's a simpler surgery not choosing the sex of the child? 

All this said, I'm making the point because to totally dismiss the concerns of those here in SL who are non-binary because you don't get the possibly biology behind such decisions is insensitive at best and .. well not going to say what it is at worst because I truly hope that's not your intent.

Life and Slife is not cut and dry. There are many nuances between both ends of the spectrum. Also, I'm not saying it's easy or in some cases even possible to accommodate all those who fall within the spectrum, but we can at least be sensitive and respectful of everyone and their feelings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

All this said, I'm making the point because to totally dismiss the concerns of those here in SL who are non-binary because you don't get the possibly biology behind such decisions is insensitive at best and .. well not going to say what it is at worst because I truly hope that's not your intent.

I'm not dismissing their concerns at all. I'm saying the simplest solution is to just wear the modesty layers that correspond to the sex of the body they're wearing. That answers their concerns.

• Moles

OK, gang --

Enough. Please get back on topic. This thread is too important to close over an interesting but off-topic debate. If you really want to continue the discussion, take it somewhere else, please.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Then you may want to make sure you understand the creation process before repeating it then.. Because it is about the creation process..

I'll explain one last time that, that section of the guidelines was specific to the sellers and creators.. Not the users of their products.

An alpha layer or alpha cut from in world, is not capable of removing or making the Modestly layer  that is baked into the skin, transparent so that the nude skin layer underneath it is exposed..

It is pretty cut and dry what they said, to a creator.

I can see  if you are not a creator, having a hard time understanding what they are saying..

If you are still worried about somehow breaking the rules, then go with what you feel.. But it's not good to start spreading misinformation to others and causing a panic because you misunderstand the rules..Which I hope isn't the case..

Sorry Skippy, but you're wrong. I am a creator. I am a 3d modeler and a 2d artist. You choosing not to understand what I'm saying doesn't mean I don't understand what's happening. I'm coming at this from a policy enforcement standpoint. When you apply an alpha, you are making parts of your body transparent. AS WRITTEN, applying alpahs violates THIS expression of these rules. AS WRITTEN, this section of your avatar cannot be removed or made transparent. This is a policy problem. This is not about my understanding of 2d art. This is me deliberately pointing out a problem with how this is written.

Do not reply, because I just report your posts as harassment from this point on. You refuse to engage in good faith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Sorry Skippy, but you're wrong. I am a creator. I am a 3d modeler and a 2d artist. You choosing not to understand what I'm saying doesn't mean I don't understand what's happening. I'm coming at this from a policy enforcement standpoint. When you apply an alpha, you are making parts of your body transparent. AS WRITTEN, applying alpahs violates THIS expression of these rules. AS WRITTEN, this section of your avatar cannot be removed or made transparent. This is a policy problem. This is not about my understanding of 2d art. This is me deliberately pointing out a problem with how this is written.

Do not reply, because I just report your posts as harassment from this point on. You refuse to engage in good faith.

Poorly written or not, no one on goveranance or any resident for that matter, is going to look at a fully clothed child avatar and think .... oh they must have alpha'd their modesty layers. How awful!  

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

AS WRITTEN, this section of your avatar cannot be removed or made transparent.

No. That isn't what it says at all. It says the modesty layer cannot be transparent. It says absolutely nothing about making that whole area of the avatar transparent. And from a policy enforcement standpoint, who cares anyway? LL aren't going to sanction anyone for using an alpha. You know that, I know that and everyone else knows that.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

No. That isn't what it says at all. It says the modesty layer cannot be transparent. It says absolutely nothing about making that whole area of the avatar transparent. And from a policy enforcement standpoint, who cares anyway? LL aren't going to sanction anyone for using an alpha. You know that, I know that and everyone else knows that.

I would clarify that to as LL is not going to sanction any child avatar for using an alpha while wearing their modesty layer. 

At some point, they will start to sanction those who only use alphas and no modesty layer at all, although they did stress they want to use education as much as possible at first. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

I would clarify that to as LL is not going to sanction any child avatar for using an alpha while wearing their modesty layer. 

At some point, they will start to sanction those who only use alphas and no modesty layer at all, although they did stress they want to use education as much as possible at first. 

At some point it gets confusing!

IMG_0730.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

32894677._SX540_.jpg

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, ErwinVonVlotho said:

It did at one point state that alpha layers wouldn't be acceptable, however they've changed it's wording since, I assume because of this very thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.