The new ToS and something I don't think was taken into consideration by LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

If maitreya don’t release a dedicated version that s with the letter of the rules, everyone on that body is now out. It’s pretty cut and dry. 

Everyone using it for a child avatar.

They are not banning ADULT avatars from using ADULT bodies, just the not-children.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Internet sees picture of creepy adult molesting a nekkid Tweenster:

"Second Life is a wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Internet sees picture of creepy adult molesting a nekkid Maitreyette, regardless of what age claimed, followed by, "I swear officer she told me she was eighteen!":

Second Life gets a brief spike of new creepy adult visitors.

And that, basically, is that.

• Haha 2

From the updated FAQ it appears to me they've used the male body with the female head from the Senra avatars for a female child. I hadn't even thought about doing that. I think using the male Senra body for a prepubescent female works really well. 

It doesn't appear that the modesty layer has actually been sculpted into the mesh but that the undies have been painted onto the skin. 

A youthful female avatar on a dark gray background wearing a red modesty layer similar to briefs underwear and a bralette.

And I'm very relieved with their answer about how to react to situations when child avatars come across nudity in moderate regions.

• Like 8

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, I guess. This is very much angels dancing on the heads of pins territory, though: the add-on comes with the body even if it is separate from the mesh object itself.

And I'm still not seeing precise wording that says the body AND the skin need to have "modesty" elements.

I suspect that they do mean that any body or skin must have a modesty layer rather than it being up to the user to choose which of the two has a modesty panel and which does not.

As the line you quoted says...

Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies

...so it isn't really referring to what a user chooses to wear but rather what content creators are required to do, and you can't really have an either/or option where one creator can say "well I thought I'd leave it up to the skin maker!" and the other is saying "well I assumed the body creator would do it!"

ETA: The more I read that line in the TOS the more I have to agree that it really should read "skins and bodies" rather than "skins or bodies".

Edited by Fluffy Sharkfin
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No Sid, THIS is the "Revenge of the Butthurt - Let's ban Maitreya" thread. For tiny Terror Tots who want to punish 150,000 Maitreya users.

No it isn’t. Please don’t trash this thread

this is specifically for child avatars who have down scaled adult bodies. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

So using the Maitreya FlatX for prepubescent females is basically the same as using a Senra male body as in the example offered in the FAQ?

Well, just second thought that. The camel toe makes a difference, I think.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

So using the Maitreya FlatX for prepubescent females is basically the same as using a Senra male body as in the example offered in the FAQ?

Well, just second thought that. The camel toe makes a huge difference, I think.

Yeah, and I think that the matter of what a user chooses to wear on their avatar is going to be more lenient than what content creators are allowed to distribute.

While all content creators are required to add modesty panels to any body or skin, I'd imagine that LL will be fine with any avatar wearing a skin and body combination as long as one of them has the non-removable modesty panel (and as long as the mesh itself isn't too "anatomically correct").

Edited by Fluffy Sharkfin
never mind, edited wrong post!
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Rowan Amore Baffled? Just proving a point for all that think that they only can create child avatars with a Maitreya, that this isn't the case. You can create a child/teen avatar with any body currently available, if needed with the amount of deformers (which I did not used (don't have deformers)) available in SL.

So, go ahead and force every body creator in SL to create versions with baked in mesh.

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 1

Just now, Dorientje Woller said:

@Rowan Amore Baffled? Just proving a point for all that think that they only can create child avatars with a Maitreya, that this isn't the case. You can create a child/teen avatar with any body currently available, if needed with the amount of deformers (which I did not used (don't have deformers)) available in SL.

Where did anyone say only Maitreya?  

2 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Can definitely do it with several, I agree. Both male and female bodies.

Legacy also still has current V-Tech clothing being made. Reborn, too, but I don't know if anyone would try working with that.

• Like 1

Just now, Dorientje Woller said:

Because it's the only brand name that I see popping up in the conversation.

Ah ok.  It is the one most used by SL so stands to reason most who choose NOT to use a dedicated child body would use it.  I'm sure I could get my Reborn down to an under 18 look.  I could make it look pretty close to how I looked at 16.  Hips and thighs and boobs, oh my.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

I suspect that they do mean that any body or skin must have a modesty layer rather than it being up to the user to choose which of the two has a modesty panel and which does not.

As the line you quoted says...

...so it isn't really referring to what a user chooses to wear but rather what content creators are required to do, and you can't really have an either/or option where one creator can say "well I thought I'd leave it up to the skin maker!" and the other is saying "well I assumed the body creator would do it!"

Fair. That's a legitimate way of parsing the sentence.

• Like 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

See, that statement there sounds like "Force modesty panels on all Adult Avatars.

Well the discussion is about users of "adult" mesh bodies in relation to a specific line in the TOS that was quoted, the words used are LL's not mine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

See, that statement there sounds like "Force modesty panels on all Adult Avatars.

Edited to take it fully out of context to force that reach, doncha think?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Oh c'mon. No one is seriously making that argument, Zali.

And it's absolutely not going to happen even if they were. Maitreya, Legacy, and Reborn are not going to be redesigned solely to comply with child avatars -- although there is at least a possibility (doubtful, though) that one or more of them could produce a version just for children.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Can definitely do it with several, I agree. Both male and female bodies.

Legacy also still has current V-Tech clothing being made. Reborn, too, but I don't know if anyone would try working with that.

V-tech is suppose to be for the femboy look, not child avatar.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 131 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.