So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

It's something of a known 'cheat'.

It's also not like the furry community aren't aware of this either, it come up at every single convention.

I am not a furry, but I know a lot of them, and baby furs seem to be a big thing in the furry art community.  Does the current TOS ban non-human *****?

Also... would non-human ***** with flies be done with maggot avatars?  Extra ewww... the poor linden who has to handle those AR reports has a rough job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Gee, Madsi, you still do not get or do not want to get the reason for all this. I really am tired of explaining that to you all over again. Maybe one explaination: Private Sims with Ban lines cannot be visited by nosey people who take screenshots and take logs and recordings. Public places are different. OK?

You said ''ban chld avaters" as a smart aliek answer.  I'm simply pointing out here why that won't change anything.   The bad guys are going to do what they do and nothing in these rules are going to change that.  simple enough for you?

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Mine is 3 pages long. I just put someone "back on it".  It's no loss. I just thought they were nicer!

There is a mute list?  How is this magic possible?

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That usage of "panels" sounds like an extra, physical layer. Perhaps that is what LL means all along? It solves the BOM issue..

It would, but it would also break all mesh content. 

Really? Even if it were the most simple solution, a physical garment attachment that could indeed be derendered?

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

There is a mute list?  How is this magic possible?

Select "Ignored Users" under the menu that comes up when you click the arrow by your name. You will get a dialog to enter users that you want to ignore.

image.png.6701b2655c676fc15eb2327bfa8a338d.png

Would it be possible to just make child avatars with built-in permanent chest/pelvis alphas? I'm not a creator so have no clue how mesh works. I imagine that the offenders would then just switch to adult bodies with the flat/petite chest so probably not much of a solution even if it were possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

If they are leashed, that is really sexual activity in public and isnt allowed on an M sim. Next time AR them if it bothers you

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is actually an interesting question.

Is it?

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

lol i think it is, its a d/s thing

Leashing in and of itself is not "sexual activity."  It might be, according to some, in bad taste, but not actionable unless other adjacent activity accompanies it. Stages of Dress/Undress, emoted activity from one to the other, animations playing, would all play a part in making it something that could be ARed, but leashing by itself.... no. It's not sex and it's not sexual activity. 

I can walk down the main street of Anytown, USA with my friend in tow on a leash and so long as we are both decently* dressed, that is everything covered, we are not going to be stopped, cited, or tossed in jail for moral turpitude. We can walk through Walmart and probably only get strange looks, but then it's Walmart, we might not be the strangest thing to see there. But even odds we won't be asked to top or to leave. At a local night club we might just be one of a crowd. In our local church?  Well I suspect that they might take objection and say something.  Maybe.

Silly games, and even displays power play, are not sexual activities in a vacuum. 

*for a given value of "decently and probably defined by some local code, or by private business owners policyl

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Really? Even if it were the most simple solution, a physical garment attachment that could indeed be derendered?

The mesh for my body was designed with the body's current proportions in mind. If you add a physical layer on top of the body then it will clip through pretty much every piece of mesh content in the affected area. You ever worn the wrong size mesh for your body by mistake where everything pokes through? That's what would happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I don't expect the ToS to change now.

LL aren't in the habit of adjusting policy based on community review.

There may not be a change in the ToS in wording but their might be a way the ToS is interpreted.  

• Haha 2

Just now, brodiac90 said:

The mesh for my body was designed with the body's current proportions in mind. If you add a physical layer on top of the body then it will clip through pretty much every piece of mesh content in the affected area. You ever worn the wrong size mesh for your body by mistake where everything pokes through? That's what would happen. 

Ah, I assumed chest and hips don't flex / move. Got it.

25 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just realized I'm slacking on this thread, my posts make up for less than 10% of all replies.

(This is an example of self-deprecating humor, and is not intended to actually be a "humble-brag".)

Only 429 posts so far in this thread? That’s just not good enough. I suggest you pull yourself aside and have a serious word with yourself about your commitment to this forum. I shall check back again tomorrow and I better see some improvement young man/woman.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, I assumed chest and hips don't flex / move. Got it.

Which ever direction we go there will be consequences. If child avatars can't use BOM that will severely limit the content they can use forever. If you go down the route of adding physical mesh layers to body's that have modesty layers painted on and can't be removed, you would heavily inconvience people a lot in the short term, but in the long term as new content became available you would still be able to use BOM. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Porky Gorky said:

Only 429 posts so far in this thread? That’s just not good enough. I suggest you pull yourself aside and have a serious word with yourself about your commitment to this forum. I shall check back again tomorrow and I better see some improvement young man/woman.

I had no idea being a shill was so hard. I blame the thread. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Select "Ignored Users" under the menu that comes up when you click the arrow by your name. You will get a dialog to enter users that you want to ignore.

Whooo..   My life here just got so much better.  If you are ever in town and looking for good hottub I know where one is.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Which ever direction we go there will be consequences. If child avatars can't use BOM that will severely limit the content they can use forever. If you go down the route of adding physical mesh layers to body's that have modesty layers painted on and can't be removed, you would heavily inconvience people a lot in the short term, but in the long term as new content became available you would still be able to use BOM. 

That sounds like we need multiple solutions (also because there is no "one size fits all" solution as is being discussed).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leslie Trihey said:

While I don't disagree that both SL child avatars and RL Children shouldn't wear certain items of clothing. Let's be real;

If someone looks at an either an underage avatar or RL underage person and thinks "sexy!", the problem's not with the underage avatar/RL underage person, nor the clothing. The problem is the person having these thoughts about the underage avatar/RL underage person in question.

Yes this. I hear it too often in forums that someone says child avatars make them squeamish and go on to say that makes them dislike young avatars.

When they describe that feeling, it very much reminds me of people describing what it feels like when faced with an addicts drug of choice. Something they know is not good for them but that they really, really want regardless. Granted for some more motherly types it could be strong feelings of overprotectiveness to what they see as something vulnerable but in either case it is an issue that they need to deal with and not put the onus on the child to be out of sight and therefore out of mind.

• Confused 1

Ok, I read a lot of the post, but not all.

It wasn't until about three years ago, that I found out that there were private parts for child avatars.  Somebody had bought some land in a sim, that was near the sim that my store was located in. They bought the land from auction.  I checked the land, and who bought it. Later on, I saw the name appear on the screen. I clicked on my radar, and then focus. That was when I saw her. She was up in the sky, and was wearing a short skirt, but no panties. I didn't message her, and went back to doing other things.  A few days later I messaged her, and told her about a sim that was for sale. It was a couple of sims over, to the east of my store. I knew the guy, that owned the land, and messaged him. I told her what he wanted for the land.

She didn't buy the land. The land that she bought, she divided it up for sale. She had to keep lowering the price to sale the land. She later on deleted her account.

Now what should be done. I have read that some members spent a lot of money for their skins. I think LL should some how compensate those members. Perhaps give them gift cards, that they can give to those that make child avatars. Or if possible, LL could edit the skins that they bought, and put the baked on under wear on. 

Now, about some of the sims. I think all the Blake Sea sims, should be made into PG sims. And perhaps some of the other sims. This includes some of the sandboxes. 

• Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

There may not be a change in the ToS in wording but their might be a way the ToS is interpreted.  

Why do tinys always want to bend and break the rule or change them to suit themselves.  The rules will be interpreted exactly as they are written.  Complaining until you are blue in the face isn't going to help this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Anna Salyx said:

Leashing in and of itself is not "sexual activity."

This would be my guess as well. D/s in particular need not be sexual in nature.

My Domme friend in SL tends to feel that it is inappropriate to engage in D/s play of any sort in a non-D/s setting, but that has more to do with how D/s can be misinterpreted by those who are not "in the know" than with the belief that it is inappropriately, publicly "sexual." (Her own flavour of D/s actually is mostly non-sexual in any case.)

I think this is a potential additional "wrinkle" we can put aside.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Why do tinys always want to bend and break the rule or change them to suit themselves.  The rules will be interpreted exactly as they are written.  Complaining until you are blue in the face isn't going to help this time.

You mean, "so vague we've been trying to figure out what the heck it means for the last few pages"?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

You mean, "so vague we've been trying to figure out what the heck it means for the last few pages"?

"It's a Trap!"

(This would be more entertaining with a meme of Admiral Ackbar from Star Wars, but I am holding back due to something the Mod said! Quartz? I think it was Quartz.)

• Haha 1

People who think that language is clear and simple presumably aren't aware that half of the religious wars fought in the past 2000 years have been over the interpretation of a couple of words here and there in some very old books.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This would be my guess as well. D/s in particular need not be sexual in nature.

My Domme friend in SL tends to feel that it is inappropriate to engage in D/s play of any sort in a non-D/s setting, but that has more to do with how D/s can be misinterpreted by those who are not "in the know" than with the belief that it is inappropriately, publicly "sexual." (Her own flavour of D/s actually is mostly non-sexual in any case.)

I think this is a potential additional "wrinkle" we can put aside.

If your Domme friend is someone we know, then please tell her "hi"!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

So three days ago my friend met her perfect man in SL.  They were starting to build a life on his sim, were enjoying learning about each other and having fun.

Last night his account was banned for "violating the terms and conditions" of SL.  He'd been reported by a vindictive ex for "playing with personages not of age".  He appealed, but he is out.  No telling him what he sposedly did or giving him a chance to defend himself.  

This is a man who spent hundreds of RL dollars every month in SL.  So if he can be tossed aside and lose everything without warning or explanation, anyone can.

I almost don't want to interact with anyone inworld ever again if this is what can happen.

Edited by Jordyn McGregor
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.