So what changed in the Terms of Service?

25 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You talk about Rowan being in a "Ghetto", thats easily open to interpretation as racist hate speech.

To be fair, (for some reason, I try) I was the one who mentioned ghetto first as in Some people might assume I'm all ghetto because I'm black.  That they ran with it even when my speech (text) is anything but, does kind of take it into the racist category but eh, I consider the source with such things.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's my point (sorry if I explained poorly). Guilt or innocence is irrelevant of the past convictions. The "sentencing" may take past convictions into account. That is how the US and I believe SL Governance works: assuming they only take past "convictions" into account when deciding to "ban", after determining guilt or innocent based on evidence. 

Don't expect this level of fairness.  I would bet money they look at all previous times you may have been reported and investigated.  Their goal is not being fair or just, its in getting rid of troublemakers

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The point of understanding the definition, is you don't call out someone who is Black, and mention something like they seem "ghetto" / come from a ghetto, whatever "ghetto" reference. That is racist.

That is the information you need to know, if you did not already know it.  You don't associate "people" with "ghetto" anything. 

She isn't the one that brought up ghetto, she is just repeating back, its not the same.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Tommy Linden said:

Good morning!

You all posted quite a bit over the weekend! I just wanted to let you know that we are still working on more updates to the FAQ that will be added over the next couple of days. One of the things that we will be adding is an image to help provide clarity on the modesty layer. 

I have added a feed back for updating Senra to support child avatars.

https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/compliant-senra-skins-for-child-avatars

It would be great if it could be combined with

https://feedback.secondlife.com/feature-requests/p/nonbinary-avatar-shape-and-just-more-dynamic-base-avatar-shape-settings

https://feedback.secondlife.com/feature-requests/p/create-a-third-non-binary-gender-ambiguous-senra-avatar

Also, this not at all adult game maybe needs a new home ..

https://feedback.secondlife.com/ldpw/p/reassign-the-magellan-linden-horizons-adventure-activity-regions-to-m-rating

The Adult content FAQ page is ad odds with the new rules

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ

and this is the best post in the entire thread

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/511722-how-old-do-i-look-today/?do=findComment&comment=2726076

PS .. If the modesty layer extends as 'boxer shorts' this will have disastrous consequences for users of the toddler body. No one is gonna want to change a diaper if there are shorts under it .. *shudders*

Edited by Coffee Pancake
added a link
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coffee Pancake said:

What is a Non-Binary shape to be exact? Could you maybe explain? I mean a non binary person could be femme or masculine presenting or androgynous. So what is a Non Binary body type to be exact? 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If we must have modesty layers (and I am still highly doubtful they are a good or workable idea), then they should be the same for everyone, regardless of gender (binary or otherwise).

Free the nipple, says I! Or, um . . . hide them all!!! EVERY NIPPLE!

You'll be happy to know that my frog has no nips. 😂 I was happy to find that out, even.

Speaking of which, perhaps a Ken/Barbie approach would've been better. Blank slate/PG skins for non-adults. I have some of those for adult bodies, so they already exist (unlike waiting to see what we get that will pass the new TOS). Then again, perhaps LL has their reasons for doing it this way. I dunno.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The point of understanding the definition, is you don't call out someone who is Black, and mention something like they seem "ghetto" / come from a ghetto, whatever "ghetto" reference. That is racist.

That is the information you need to know, if you did not already know it.  You don't associate "people" with "ghetto" anything. 

Again how is that racist? It's just a word that has a definition I'm not the one who brought it up someone else did again im not trying to offend anyone who is black.

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

What is a Non-Binary shape to be exact? Could you maybe explain? I mean a non binary person could be femme or masculine presenting or androgynous. So what is a Non Binary body type to be exact? 

It's covered in the feature request but this brief quotes helps to summarize it...

Thus I propose a third gender neutral option combining mostly based on the dynamic range of size of the female avatar for backwards compatibility with the non overlapping male avatar sliders unlocked.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

It's covered in the feature request but this brief quotes helps to summarize it...

So they want an androgynous gender expression body type. They could have said that instead of saying Non-Binary, which is someone's gender identity. Not their Gender. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

So they want an androgynous gender expression body type. They could have said that instead of saying Non-Binary, which is someone's gender identity. Not their Gender. 

In their first comment they mention that the Gender setting in Appearance has a range of 0.0 to 1.0 but the user only has the option to set the gender in a binary male/female fashion.

From examples I referenced it seems there is already a range built into the backend from the begining that we just cannot access due to binary [F or M] client settings alone. This option possibly might not require any restructuring on the database or server side. It appears to me it might only require the clients to be able to set the value other then [0.0 or 1.0].

So, in my opinion at least, they're literally referencing the enforced binary fashion in which the setting is implemented vs the non-binary way in which the value it changes is stored.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

it sounds more interesting

Posted (edited)

Btw being racist is not my intention and I don't even hate black people I and don't even hate people becuse of their skin colour or what ethnic background they come from being called out for it is lame.

Edited by Wincil
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Btw being racist is not my intention and I don't even hate black people I and don't even hate people becuse of their skin colour or what ethnic background they come from.

Well I'm sure we're all relieved to know that it was at least unintentional.  As I keep saying this thread is a minefield and we really should try to avoid stepping on each others toes, intentionally or not. 

Personally I'd recommend reading through what you're about to post a couple of times to make sure nobody could misinterpret what you're trying to say or be offended by your choice of words before hitting the Submit button, it's what I usually try to do!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If we must have modesty layers (and I am still highly doubtful they are a good or workable idea), then they should be the same for everyone, regardless of gender (binary or otherwise).

Free the nipple, says I! Or, um . . . hide them all!!! EVERY NIPPLE!

Maybe everyone could wear little tassels where their nipples would be.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Well I'm sure we're all relieved to know that it was at least unintentional.  As I keep saying this thread is a minefield and we really should try to avoid stepping on each others toes, intentionally or not. 

Personally I'd recommend reading through what you're about to post a couple of times to make sure nobody could misinterpret what you're trying to say or be offended by your choice of words before hitting the Submit button, it's what I usually try to do!

Again not trying to offend anyone some people seen to overreact over the smallest things it is a minefield I get it.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lilbap said:

I have no problem following the new rules. I wasn't breaking the old ones. I just wish it would clear up a lot of the knee-jerk reactions the ones that DON'T read the TOS and just listen to the stuff people tell them.

I watch a lot, a LOT of court stuff on youtube, you get these people that someone says, "If you say you're a soverign citizen, or indiginious you'll get out of any criminal charge," so the peole come to court say all the sounds that the person directed at them. While on the surface they sound like actual words, they're actually nonsense.

I used to visit a sim. It started out as Moderate, but people were like, "Yooooh, people are having sex in the motels, you should make this place adult." So to cover their butts, the owners made the sim Adult. Still followed all the M rated rules, no public nudity, keep your 'adult stuff' behind closed doors. As a SL kid, as long as I followed the rules I was fine. I never cammed in, if someone came up with their compensation showing I would get away from them. Things were great, I had a lot of friends. We'd hang out, watch people race their cars and everything was fine. Now the new ToS comes out and while I am sad I have to leave what was basically my home or change to something I don't want to be. So I left the sim.

Now I am looking for a new place, a M rated sim I can RP my little vampire story, but I arrive on M rated sims, read their rules and its like, "Because of the fact we allow adult activities, SL kids are not allowed." Its like there's this soft ban on actual mature sims because people believe either you have to be toddler oriented (G rated) or XXX rated (A) to cover your butt, there's no middle ground.

I fall into a strange place as a SL kid. I'm not interested in 'family roleplay,' and I don't care what people do behind closed doors. So I feel a little like I'm without a country, not really wanted anywhere right now.

Again, I am ALL for protecting SL kids from sickos, if I need a modesty pannel fine, I wear coverings already it doesn't change much for me (As long as I can wear my ballet uniform without them showing). I just wish people would take the time to be more educated about the rules because it feels like SL was already small and its getting even more small.

(( That said any sim that'll allow a vampire kid that not toddlercore, let me know! ))

Check out Innsmouth. It's a Modrrate Lovecraft-themed sim that allows children.

p.s.

Also New Toulouse. It's a Moderate New Orleans themed sim circa 1900 to 1930's that welcomes vampires and tinies.

Also 1920's Berlin, if you can pass for human.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add more suggestions
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe everyone could wear little tassels where their nipples would be.

Only on M rated regions and above. LL specifically mention Burlesque shows in the M category, along with strip clubs.

Nipple tassels would come under that for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

That's already a body type, it's called rectangle/banana... it's also called boyish, it's also called Athletic body.... that's already a thing.....

3 minutes ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

Personally I'd recommend reading through what you're about to post a couple of times to make sure nobody could misinterpret what you're trying to say or be offended by your choice of words before hitting the Submit button,

THIS

This | Know Your Meme

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again not trying to offend anyone some people seen to overreact over the smallest things.

That tends to happen when you try to "shame" boomers" on a platform like SL where the average age is apparently WELL over 40, or shame people over 5'4 or people with big boobs, to name but a few.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again not trying to offend anyone some people seen to overreact over the smallest things.

If this thread is proof of anything it's that we all have certain subjects that we feel strongly about and everyone has different tolerances for what they consider to be acceptable or unacceptable.  What seems trivial to one of us can be seen as very serious by others and it's best to approach people respectfully and try to be as clear as possible about the point you're trying to make and why.

Anyway, hopefully we can leave this particular subject behind now and continue a discussion about the new changes to the TOS?! :) 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That tends to happen when you try to "shame" boomers" on a platform like SL where the average age is apparently WELL over 40, or shame people over 5'4 or people with big boobs, to name but a few.

Im not trying to shame anynone not everyone is even that old. 🙃 

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1