So what changed in the Terms of Service?

4 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

For something that is not a "therapy site" that seems to be one of its largest uses.

It is interesting the topic of therapy comes up.

Although I would not say that I use Second Life as therapy today or even that I depend on SL to live, there have been very dark moments in my life where Second Life has very much helped.

I think the ability to create in Second Life is also theraputic in a way. It gives one a sense of the ability to control and achieve. I really owe my current RL job to Second Life, and I hate to think what would have happened to me if I hadn't had the people I had the chance to talk to in Second Life around at the times I did.

Creating an anime school might seem like a weird choice, but I find it comforting. I was going through a lot in my College and University years. I'd rather not go into details but I was pretty upset all through my school -> university years and never really made friends or took education seriously.

Making an anime school like those found in visual novels at least gave me a chance to have a 'happy' school experience. I suppose in a way it really was a second shot at part of my life - A Second Life?

2023.thumb.jpg.ec7d3e092f5c294b45ec379e7bce11b9.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

In a myriad of different ways.  There are countless incidents of people changing each others lives both for the better and for the worse.

I'm a little confused as to what we're debating here because you stated that you agree that "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few", I replied that I disagree and would prefer to preserve the whole, and now you seem to be arguing that nobody has the right to change the status quo and attempting to preserve the whole is essentially a bad thing... I guess you really want to sacrifice those few, huh? :P 

No I really don't. But I do think that had these few behaved and followed the rules. Than the rules would have not changed. And yes the needs of the many will always outweigh the few, good example. So you have a million people starving and thirsty and 1 person who is just thirsty. Who you gonna serve first, the 1 or the many? That is my point. That one who is just thirsty, is probably gonna be looked over, as there are way more that are hungry and thirsty. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Again im not the one who is cancel culturing 

Really? shall we check?

22 hours ago, Wincil said:

I dont see how saying 7ft Kulpa Karen is a fraudulent claim that's just plain dumb.

Cancel Culture of people who wear Kupra, or are taller than you.

17 hours ago, Wincil said:

Peeve: People who looks shame and body shame and make fun of the way people dress.

This is Ironic Hypocrisy after the Kupra shaming and Tall Shaming.

2 hours ago, Wincil said:

Btw The average height of adults is different in certain places in the world like other countries.

Here you were trying to shame the reality of statistics, because it proved that avatars 4'10 tall are no more or less realistic in height than avatars that are 5'10. And thus contrary to your Tall shaming earlier.

1 hour ago, Wincil said:

Well there could could be people who would disagree with you and think that you are incorrect I would aslo think you are all ghetto and speaks such becasue you have a bias.

You talk about Rowan being in a "Ghetto", thats easily open to interpretation as racist hate speech.

1 hour ago, Wincil said:

Tbh from from what I have heard the grids largest population demographics are millennials and Genz Most of them are well aware of anime. These fourm boomers mostly live in a bubble.(No offence to does who are gen x.)

Oh and Ageist hate speech against "boomers" while trying not to annoy the Genx's.

Outstanding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well in Canadian and America Justice Systems. It's innocent until proven guilty. 

That's my point (sorry if I explained poorly). Guilt or innocence is irrelevant of the past convictions. The "sentencing" may take past convictions into account. That is how the US and I believe SL Governance works: assuming they only take past "convictions" into account when deciding to "ban", after determining guilt or innocent based on evidence. 

4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Yes that what I was trying to point out is not everyone sees anime in the same way.

No, actually, I was the one trying to explain that to you.  

I think at this point (coffee buzz is wearing off), I'll agree with @Arielle Popstarthat I'm being trolled.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

P.S. If you really want to talk with someone I believe that @Madi Melodiousis still waiting for the apology that you owe them after the very serious false allegations concerning a grave breach of the TOS that you levelled at them.

Thank you for this.  I'm not expecting a apology from her, being hoisted by her own petard is good enough.  

When I see her posts, I see someone full of hate and spite.  I'm not like that.  I'm arrogant, hot headed, and quick to judge if I think my friends, family, and my community is under attack.   But eventually I do come around, listen to reason, and accept what must be.  

In one of the darkest moments of my SL, when I was about to walk away from it, a SL legend reached out to me, Stroker Serpentine.  He introduced me to Richard Bach’s book Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah and the following quote.

“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”

In my RL home I have that saying writing on a plague, it's the first thing you see when you enter my home.  I know who I am, I know how to love, and I know I'm loved in return by my SL family.  I don't need her approval. 

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

No I really don't. But I do think that had these few behaved and followed the rules. Than the rules would have not changed.

And if every single one of those few had behaved inappropriately I would be more likely to agree with you, but it's a far smaller portion of that few that are actually guilty of anything.

And yes the needs of the many will always outweigh the few, good example. So you have a million people starving and thirsty and 1 person who is just thirsty. Who you gonna serve first, the 1 or the many? That is my point. That one who is just thirsty, is probably gonna be looked over, as there are way more that are hungry and thirsty.

Firstly that's a very disproportionate analogy to the number of residents affected compared to the overall population.

Secondly, What's the distinction, if the guy isn't hungry he'll take less time to tend to, humans can last longer without food than without water, why are we separating him from the majority just because he requires slightly less assistance.  My response is you have 1,000,001 people in need of food and drink, but one of them possibly already ate before he showed up so may not be as hungry!

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Really? shall we check?

Cancel Culture of people who wear Kupra, or are taller than you.

This is Ironic Hypocrisy after the Kupra shaming and Tall Shaming.

Here you were trying to shame the reality of statistics, because it proved that avatars 4'10 tall are no more or less realistic in height than avatars that are 5'10. And thus contrary to your Tall shaming earlier.

You talk about Rowan being in a "Ghetto", thats easily open to interpretation as racist hate speech.

Oh and Ageist hate speech against "boomers" while trying not to annoy the Genx's.

Outstanding.

Im sorry to say your wrong I'm not cancel culturing Kupra and how did I said anything racist or any ageist hate speech? Again with the false accusations btw I never tall shamed anyone.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
1 hour ago, Wincil said:

Well there could could be people who would disagree with you and think that you are incorrect I would aslo think you are all ghetto and speaks such becasue you have a bias.

1 hour ago, Wincil said:

Wow, maybe Wincil doesn't know the meaning of "ghetto"?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I've seen lots of positive improvements in this thread over the past 20 pages or so:

- Fewer people saying, "they cannot follow the new rules"

- Fewer people saying, "they will leave because of the new rules"

- Fewer people saying, "the new rules are not fair"

- Far Fewer people making excuses for those who would break the rules

- Almost no people making excuse for those who want to have "Slex" with Child avatars (whether consensual or not)

I think the new Rules are really going to help!

No. This is the usual forum games and bullying and  >150 pages of thread.

This is not representative and those who remain are just getting sick of this pointless crap because believe it or not, SL is not these forums and the fate of child avatars is not this thread.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 3

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Wow, maybe Wincil doesn't know the meaning of "ghetto"?

I do btw it can mean a poor urban area occupied primarily by a minority group or groups.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You had to google that, didn't you.

Well that's what's Google for I have googled it once.

Edited by Wincil
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Well that's what's Google for.

Yes, that is what Google is for. But you can't say you know what it means, and then state word for word what the definition of it is. It's okay to not know what a word means. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:
16 hours ago, Wincil said:

How is it basically painting a broad brush on every Asian person?

Read your statement again. 

In the 1970's, my generation had TV "public service" commercials that taught things like, it's not OK to say, "So-and-so is my best Black friend." (Substitute Asian or any other "Race".) 

Maybe these Youngers didn't get the memo?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yes, that is what Google is for. But you can't say you know what it means, and then state word for word what the definition of it is. It's okay to not know what a word means. 

Then again how can you know if you don't know the definition again I know what the definition means like I sad I looked it up before and the Internet is full of that information and that can include stuff like dictionary's.

Edited by Wincil

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

In the 1970's, my generation had TV "public service" commercials that taught things like, it's not OK to say, "So-and-so is my best Black friend." (Substitute Asian or any other "Race".) 

Maybe these Youngers didn't get the memo?

Here in Canada, I don't know what the people who made the PSAs were smoking. We had a house hippo video to talk about false advertising and then the one with puppets going don't you put in your mouth. The Canadian PSAs were so trippy. Lol 

• Thanks 1

Then again how can you know if you don't know the definition.

Sure, my last statement still stands. It is okay to not know what a word means. And to even ask someone to help explain it to you. 

Then again how can you know if you don't know the definition.

The point of understanding the definition, is you don't call out someone who is Black, and mention something like they seem "ghetto" / come from a ghetto, whatever "ghetto" reference. That is racist.

That is the information you need to know, if you did not already know it.  You don't associate "people" with "ghetto" anything. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Very true! I didn't even think about that. This may turn out to be a disaster, especially if you take into account that some older kids may be using regular adult bodies (Maitreya, Jake, maybe CZ Slim, etc.), too, and may need new skins for those.

If we must have modesty layers (and I am still highly doubtful they are a good or workable idea), then they should be the same for everyone, regardless of gender (binary or otherwise).

Free the nipple, says I! Or, um . . . hide them all!!! EVERY NIPPLE!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here in Canada, I don't know what the people who made the PSAs were smoking. We had a house hippo video to talk about false advertising and then the one with puppets going don't you put in your mouth. The Canadian PSAs were so trippy. Lol 

And let me add to this. That PSA with the house hippo, that had to do with not believing everything you see and to talk about false advertisement. Had people falling for it anyways, and people were like. I want a house hippo. It was an interesting times, in Canada in the 90s. Lol 

• Like 1