So what changed in the Terms of Service?

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because people do, either out of anger, because they had questions not resolved by the Lab, comments that it was unfair and they had to tell the world...etc. Dozens of potential reasons they would share or tell others of such a thing. Yet, zilch. Noone I've heard ever mentioned such letters. You have a couple stories from ancient history and that's the most we've heard and well, there is enough traffic on this thread that I look forward to someone piping up and say I am wrong and they have or had such a letter and/or warning.

If they've been permabanned, then they're probably not reading this thread, of course.    However ...

Does anyone here have any reason to believe they were ever successfully AR-ed for something?   If so, what happened as a result? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And you believed him?

Hahahhahahahahaahahahaa

LL don't ban you for wearing Geisha makeup, or Native American war paint.

They really don't.

Maybe it was worn on his wanker.. and he had to display proudly to the children.. cause culture!

• Haha 2

And you believed him?

Hahahhahahahahaahahahaa

LL don't ban you for wearing Geisha makeup, or Native American war paint.

They really don't.

I have a Geisha outfit that under the right circumstance and with no modesty layer would now be open to getting banned for, so yeah. one of those cases were you're wrong.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

If they've been permabanned, then they're probably not reading this thread, of course.    However ...

Does anyone here have any reason to believe they were ever successfully AR-ed for something?   If so, what happened as a result? 

Not me, "being banned" (temporarily) from the Forums (+ inworld for 3 days) doesn't count.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's true I don't like that interpretation because it necessarily relegates a subset of TOS-complying SL residents to second class status on M-rated land—specifically for me, my M-rated land, unless I specify (and, I guess, somehow enforce) a no nudity rule, and then god forbid I someday go skinny-dipping on my own beach.

But that wasn't the case I was making. Rather, my point was that well-meaning people can read that TOS and come up with diametrically opposed interpretations. @Vivienne Schell sees it the way you do, and @Codex Alpha sees it clearly the opposite, like nobody could possibly misinterpret it the other way. It's a perfect Necker cube of policy.

There needs to be language in the Child Avatar Policy that resolves it.

Yes it happens quite often in recent years. The words will be right before me, even the transcript of what a speaker said word for word, yet someone will argue with me that it wasn't said, or something was said, yet the transcript does not have those words.

Yes we will interpret things differently a little bit, and thats why we created a dictionary, thesaurus and other tools so that all of us could agree to what a word means, it's various context uses, so we can communicate ideas. Language is not a concrete form, it's not agreed upon by everybody, but the more vocabulary everyone has, the words we use are like colors to make a painting, and people can understand a concept - by seeing the overall picture painted.

I don't understand this 'defence lawyer' level of dissecting all of LL's sentences, when as taken as a whole is more than clear enough on the intent, player behaviour, circumstances, and that they will investigate further if needed.

On my side as a player, I don't need to be nude in any context or any area.. I also don't need to have genitals on my child avatar, so I have no problem with 'modesty layers'. New rules, then creators make new avatars.. More sales to be had.

They'll go into more details during their next meeting and probably laugh at all the wasted pages here making mountains out of molehills and showcasing people who seem to be confused about everything, or looking for excuses to be confused.

The difference is, when I post an opinion, I back it up with not only quotes from TOS, but extrapolate on them so I can build a case as to why I interpret it that way. It's just a common thing on these forums for a few individuals to gaslight others, accuse them of 'not knowing what they're talking about', or is most common "Everyone interprets differently' like that is an excuse. Too much lawyering, too much nitpicking, when the whole TOS policy in whole is easy to understand.

No more language,words or terms can be added - because the problem is not that - but how people can't comprehend what they read - IF they even bother to read it.

I should add, that if we (as a general population) cant agree on what words mean, and instead turn to arguing about that instead until the cows come home... well .. don't know why i'm part of the convo..

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Similarly we might end up with boys my age (9) having to wear a chest modesty layer since it's very hard in practice to police whether a child body is male or female. 

Very true! I didn't even think about that. This may turn out to be a disaster, especially if you take into account that some older kids may be using regular adult bodies (Maitreya, Jake, maybe CZ Slim, etc.), too, and may need new skins for those.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

There is Reddit, Facebook, that site that you are normally on and some other places where one could mention it.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: I updated my blogpost with a description of, and link to, @Madi Melodious's Panic Button.

Thanks. Madi!

(Again, my blog address is in my forum signature line. The forum signature line by default is not displayed, but you can turn it on under your account settings.)

• Like 2

If seen some people say stuff about "Now I'm a giant being this height."

Gwendoline Christie is 6'3"

if Someone is dogging you about being this tall then they are just as crappy of a person as a 7'8" kupra giant

downtalking you and trying to make you feel bad, for being short.

I am not against tall avatars nor giant avatars but I am against Giant avatars that try to say someone who is short is automatically a child avatar because they are short.

You can be a grandma avatar, if you're short someone will call you a child avatar somewhere for no reason. You can go on a reborn, be the thiccest woman on the block, because no kupras are around, be 6'4" and still be called a child avatar. That's the issue.

I like the wide arrange of avatars but don't like Fear mongering. Don't try to control people with fear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have a Geisha outfit that under the right circumstance and with no modesty layer would now be open to getting banned for, so yeah. one of those cases were you're wrong.

No, LL don't perma ban people for wearing Geisha outfits either. Ask any of the Geisha outfit wearers in the Traditional Japanese Edo Period sims.

You need to STOP believing sh*teposts on reddit, from people who claim they were perma banned for "basically no reason".

They weren't banned for being under 7 ft tall, or wearing makeup, they WON'T say what they were banned for, as it was probably not flattering, like ***-play, or repeatedly getting caught operating illegal gacha, or illegal gambling machines, or money laundering funds stolen by phishers.

They WON'T tell you the truth, ever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, LL don't perma ban people for wearing Geisha outfits either. Ask any of the Geisha outfit wearers in the Traditional Japanese Edo Period sims.

You need to STOP believing sh*teposts on reddit, from people who claim they were perma banned for "basically no reason".

They weren't banned for being under 7 ft tall, or wearing makeup, they WON'T say what they were banned for, as it was probably not flattering, like ***-play, or repeatedly getting caught operating illegal gacha, or illegal gambling machines, or money laundering funds stolen by phishers.

They WON'T tell you the truth, ever.

And you would without exaggeration? Right

I have a real problem with people crying on other sites about an innocent perma-ban.. and the people that believe them.

They were doing something wrong... either so foul that the ban was instant or they resisted or were abusive when contacted about breaking TOS.. and repeated or skirted too close to the edge again despite warnings or attempts at education. 

Could there be some very innocent case that got past all that... maybe, but  people make it sound like the innocent children are being banned in droves! 

I've seen too much in this thread already to indicate that people don't get when they are wrong.  As in the people that came in and blatantly stated that they won't comply with TOS because no one will know or worse the one indicating that pedo's need this platform to keep real children safe craziness.  I'm sure they would cry innocence too when faced with a ban for breaking the rules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fluffy Sharkfin said:

In fairness to LL I think the governance team would be able to discern who was at fault pretty easily by examining who initiated the teleport process (i.e. did someone offer the teleport or was it via a landmark, etc) and then taking a look at the logs to ascertain if the person offering the teleport was aware that the recipient was using a child avatar, was the recipient aware of the maturity rating and specific nature of the content and activities at the location they teleported to.

You miss the meaning. If one teleports into any region for any reason. Not lures. 
just visiting events or destinations. 

16 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Imagine starting culture wars I think that's Pointless and Needless.

Yes, maybe you could stop doing that?

36 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Ngl some people severe case of experience bias or cultural bias and not this isn't a fraudulent claim people who say things like that don't know anything about the real world or how it works.(what's so funny or confusing about that?)

What has been said and is true is that different cultures, ages, races, etc. can interpret things differently.  That IS how the world works.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I wouldn't bother posting on reddit at all, or farcebork or SLumverse

What would be the point?

When they post, it's usually in a blind panic.. "My account has been banned, LL keeps closing my support tickets, I have lost everything and everyone dear to me, please help". These don't read like *****posts.. they read like desperation. They find a subreddit and think "maybe someone from LL will see it there" or "maybe someone there knows what I can do to get my life, home, family, and/or business back".

One thing they all have in common.. they claim their avatars weren't children. Most of them claim their avatars were femboys.. and will opine endlessly about 'being a realistic height'.

Rarely do any of them say "I never do anything sexual" but they always say "My avatar isn't even a child"

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I wouldn't bother posting on reddit at all, or farcebork or SLumverse

What would be the point?

Not as many virulent LL fans in those places and the moderation is somewhat more relaxed in allowing some not so complimentary posts. I find reading both gives me a better overview of what is going on.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, maybe you could stop doing that?

What has been said and is true is that different cultures, ages, races, etc. can interpret things differently.  That IS how the world works.

I'm not the one starting culture wars btw and I would respect all cultures again how is this ture and how the world works? Again things can be misinterpreted.

Edited by Wincil
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

I have a real problem with people crying on other sites about an innocent perma-ban.. and the people that believe them.

They were doing something wrong... either so foul that the ban was instant or they resisted or were abusive when contacted about breaking TOS.. and repeated or skirted too close to the edge again despite warnings or attempts at education. 

Could there be some very innocent case that got past all that... maybe, but  people make it sound like the innocent children are being banned in droves! 

I've seen too much in this thread already to indicate that people don't get when they are wrong.  As in the people that came in and blatantly stated that they won't comply with TOS because no one will know or worse the one indicating that pedo's need this platform to keep real children safe craziness.  I'm sure they would cry innocence too when faced with a ban for breaking the rules.

I find there is a contingent, here especially, that need to believe SL can do no wrong. It would undermine the resident's confidence to believe anything else. I suppose that makes it easier to sleep at night but myself, I think it is quite possible that things aren't as rosy as some like to make it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

What about experiences? 

Wear you panic button.  It will carry you to safety.     I'm going to full perm it and open source it as soon as I get a chance too.  It was two day rush job while I'm confidence in its ability to work correctly, no bug reports yet, I want the community to look over the code for something I might have missed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

44 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because people do, either out of anger, because they had questions not resolved by the Lab, comments that it was unfair and they had to tell the world...etc. Dozens of potential reasons they would share or tell others of such a thing. Yet, zilch. Noone I've heard ever mentioned such letters. You have a couple stories from ancient history and that's the most we've heard and well, there is enough traffic on this thread that I look forward to someone piping up and say I am wrong and they have or had such a letter and/or warning.

I had an idiot im me after 4 years just the other day  just so he could attack and insult me. I told him congrats, you just made todays blog post, then i blocked him. I posted the im, plus his profile picture, along with an insulting comment.

Thirty minutes later their alt imed me demanding i remove the post or they were gonna AR me for disclosing chat logs without their permission plus sharing their personal information (I guess their log in name) I said go for it, the blog is outside of second life or any Linden website, they wont do anything. 

then I blocked the alt and added their rant to the blog post.

It was a good day 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I find there is a contingent, here especially, that need to believe SL can do no wrong. It would undermine the resident's confidence to believe anything else. I suppose that makes it easier to sleep at night but myself, I think it is quite possible that things aren't as rosy as some like to make it out.

Nope I'm allowing for a maybe it could happen. But in no way shape or form to I believe there is some great watershed moment of banning innocent residents happening in sl.  They would lose money over this. They are a company. They want to keep residents. If you want to believe malarkey because you like skirting the edge yourself that is your problem. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

You miss the meaning. If one teleports into any region for any reason. Not lures. 
just visiting events or destinations. 

In that circumstance, where a resident chooses to teleport themselves to a location or event, I'd imagine it would be an even simpler matter for governance to decide who is at fault and how intentional it was since the onus is on every resident to check and see what the maturity rating and, as best as they can ascertain, the type of content and behaviour that will be present there.

If you teleport to an area that you aren't meant to be in or behave in a manner which is unacceptable then you can expect to be reported.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1