So what changed in the Terms of Service?

10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The lack of empathy is astounding on this thread. The severity for breaking the TOS is much greater than for other types of infractions. No wonder child avatars are concerned.

Are you calling us psychopaths? ("Lack of empathy..")

55 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

If Maitreya for example put out the LaraX or just Lara body with no bom and no applier scripts that only allowed a modified skin to be applied from a separate hud, that includes the Modesty covering, then I don't see a problem. 

daf0053d11c38bd1e5b233de8dc464e1.png

Should all the makers of mesh bodies now include a no-BOM version with modesty underwear on the skins in the HUD?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

From my understanding, people who do bad things but don't have a guilty conscience, are called "psychopaths".

Well Psychopathy is a neuropsychiatric disorder marked by deficient emotional responses, lack of empathy, and poor behavioral controls, commonly resulting in persistent antisocial deviance and criminal behavior.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

From my understanding, people who do bad things but don't have a guilty conscience, are called "psychopaths".

My understanding is that people who have been forgiven, no longer need to feel guilty. YMMV

I find it a bit odd that no skin or body creators seem to have been in this thread at all. Surely they have questions or do you think separate communications went out to them?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
30 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Then again not everyone has a guilty conscience.

She was responding to your assertion that those who were concerned about getting AR'd had a "serious case of guilty conscience".  In other words, those who are concerned about the ramifications of all this don't have some sort of pathology -- they have valid concerns.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:
27 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I see any AR report as an express attempt by a reporter to have a resident banned from Secondlife.

Not at all. I've known a lot of people over the past 17 years who have done something that they got AR'ed for.

Agree. The vast majority of "AR-able" offenses are not punishable by "banning" (especially on the first offense).

Isn't this talk dangerous? LOL!

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Well Psychopathy is a neuropsychiatric disorder marked by deficient emotional responses, lack of empathy, and poor behavioral controls, commonly resulting in persistent antisocial deviance and criminal behavior.

Ah you're a puppet. I get it now. I'm sad I didn't see it before.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..idea: modesty layers must be a neon Orange or neon Pink, etc. - some color that would never be ueed for skin tones.

However, this would allow the modesty layer to be replaced more easily in photo manipulation software (like green-screen or "chroma key")..

Excuse me? I just bought a CANDY pink skin yesterday. It's not exactly neon, but I love fantasy color skins.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

My understanding is that people who have been forgiven, no longer need to feel guilty. YMMV

..or feel fear..(who said anything about forgiveness? Are you bringing up religion now, for no reason?)

41 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Not necessarily, just because the land is M rated does not automagically mean that nudity is allowed. The parcel owner can say 'no nudity here, period.' Then there's a reasonable expectation that there is no nudity on that parcel. In that case, the naked adult is in the wrong. And a tool.

Even if the land is adult, you can't automatically expect that nudity is allowed. If the parcel owner says no nudity, then you get dressed. But, I assume nudity is allowed on Adult until told differently.

• Like 2

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

Ah you're a puppet. I get it now. I'm sad I didn't see it before.

If you look it up on Google that's what it's says and no I am not a puppet.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

So, there isn't going to be people out to get us?  Someone just tried to tp my Avatar off to adult land.  A place called "Sexual Fantasy?"    

set your preferences to only see G and M content and any TP offers to A land won't even be sent to you. Right now I'm only accepting teleports off my family who I trust implicitly. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:
15 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The lack of empathy is astounding on this thread. The severity for breaking the TOS is much greater than for other types of infractions. No wonder child avatars are concerned.

Are you calling us psychopaths? ("Lack of empathy..")

I'm glad you're aware that one component of a psychopath's makeup is lack of empathy. Most would realize this does not mean all people who display a lack of empathy about an issue would be a psychopath though.  Most people would know this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

So..if the infraction doesn't warrant a lifetime ban (AP) then what is your concern. If you're not doing something against the ToS, why would you get any banned?  Just because someone reports an avatar that doesn't suit their personal taste doesn't mean a ban.  In fact, someone filing too many of the false reports is in more trouble.  Someone doing nothing wrong?  Scratching my head here.

Because Governance is an unknown quantity and I'm not sure they will mete out the punishment the infraction warrants. Therefore if it bothers me, I will perhaps point it out, otherwise block and derender (which i've never had to do) or TP elsewhere. It's not up to me to pass judgement on them through the proxy of Governance.

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

So, there isn't going to be people out to get us?  Someone just tried to tp my Avatar off to adult land.  A place called "Sexual Fantasy?"    

Yes. Don't get in the "Candy Van".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Chery, there are houseplants run by RL adults.

Seriously.

I once met a chair and a little black plastic Christmas tree.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

You can AR that.

Sharing fantasies about or promoting engagement in child sexual exploitation.

By trying to entice you there, they are promoting engagement

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can AR that.

Sharing fantasies about or promoting engagement in child sexual exploitation.

By trying to entice you there, they are promoting engagement

LL really need to come down hard on anyone trying to do this to child avatars. It's really quite sick. 

Any attempt to lure child avis to adult land should be seen as a worst case scenario. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

set your preferences to only see G and M content and any TP offers to A land won't even be sent to you. Right now I'm only accepting teleports off my family who I trust implicitly. 

Good idea.     Not done.  Where do I do that?   I'm looking at my web profile and can't find it. I would have been fine anyway.  I'm wearing a Legacy demo so what would have arrived wouldn't have been what they were expecting.  

I would have arrived nude, but it would have been interesting to see the look on their face when a 7' bronze amazon arrived with demo wrapped all over her, instead of the adorable, innocent, child like av they where expecting.   🤣

Edited by Madi Melodious
  • Like 3

Just now, brodiac90 said:

LL really need to come down hard on anyone trying to do this to child avatars. It's really quite sick. 

It certainly is but the new rule clearly state what adults are NOT allowed to do in regards to children.  That part, IMO, was sorely needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

Please when you throw rocks at me use soft rocks, but perhaps changing the regions of the Blake Sea from moderate to general could be a good thing. :) 

Apologies in advance to whomever if this has been suggested already, but I think mirroring a half dozen Blake Sea sims and attaching them to the old teen grid regions to make those more sailable would be a tad more reasonable. Better natured people who use child avs are creative enough to adapt and adjust to new TOS, either way, but it could make a good trade off for any/all inconveniences that come out of this.

Nearly all boats on the market have adult furniture/poses in them, and it's been that way for at least a decade now, so turning Blake to General ratings itself would seem a pretty hard no.

editing to add: The old teen grid regions could probably be moved to other connected General rated open water sims, as well, maybe that's a better option. 

Part of me says why bother, but otoh I'm old enough remember that Blake Sea came about as a result of LL policy changes too so there is precedence, however ancient it seems now. And wouldn't seem unfair. Private regions could step up and collaborate too, perhaps. Just some thoughts.

Edited by Ineffable Mote
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Excuse me? I just bought a CANDY pink skin yesterday. It's not exactly neon, but I love fantasy color skins.

Mu normal skin is a fantasy skin, subtly pink. I like having pale skin, but most skins are so pale you look like a vampire. The subtle pink color gives me a healthy glow.

The downside? if I go out in the sun without spf 10,000 sunblock, i burn super easily

• Haha 1