So what changed in the Terms of Service?

I think y'all are seriously overthinking this. Some anonymous "journalist" writes a blog post about a**play. LL crack down on a**play-related issues. I mean it ain't hard to see the cause & effect here. I don't think we need to be looking for the "real" reason behind it. It seems pretty clear to me.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, 5.25 would be 5'3", 5.5 would be 5'6", so off the top of my head, without using a converter or calculator, 5.41 would be about 5'4 1/2 "

Only about people near you going blind because off the fullbright hair. Lose the hair.

Possibly, because they are blind as a result of the fullbright hair and can't actually see your avatar, let alone see it's not child-like. Lose the hair.

I calculated wrong, my bad, but still, i'm pretty short

2 hours ago, Wincil said:

People who say thing's like said "presenting as an adult" are dumb. 

And not only are there avatars that "present as a teenage" or "present as an adult" or "present as a child", but also those whose very words make them seem like a child in RL.  

Imagine that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I calculated wrong, my bad, but still, i'm pretty short

2 and a half inches shorter than this, without the Togruta head piece and the 6 inch platform soles/12 inch stiletto heels on the shoes. not that short.

MaytheFourthbewithyou2024.thumb.jpg.b9ccee4f616b913d9b6fe762e4a18ed9.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I also feel the winds of corpo sterilization and gentrification coming to appeal to, and I hate using this word, however, a broader facebook tier normie audience. Make it all appear all squeaky clean on the surface level like meta and some other competing virtual worlds.

I pray I'm wrong, but it's not the first time something like that has happened. At one point there was a pretty big attempt to sweep adult content to a quiet corner of the grid on a restricted continent, sweeping it under the rug as the say.

I think they are cleaning it up to sell it.

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

2 and a half inches shorter than this, without the Togruta head piece and the 6 inch platform soles/12 inch stiletto heels on the shoes. not that short.

MaytheFourthbewithyou2024.thumb.jpg.b9ccee4f616b913d9b6fe762e4a18ed9.jpg

wanna go dancing sometime?

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And not only are there avatars that "present as a teenage" or "present as an adult" or "present as a child", but also those whose very words make them seem like a child in RL.  

Imagine that.

Uh What?? 

Edited by Wincil
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I also feel the winds of corpo sterilization and gentrification coming to appeal to, and I hate using this word, however, a broader facebook tier normie audience. Make it all appear all squeaky clean on the surface level like meta and some other competing virtual worlds.

I pray I'm wrong, but it's not the first time something like that has happened. At one point there was a pretty big attempt to sweep adult content to a quiet corner of the grid on a restricted continent, sweeping it under the rug as the say.

The whole "family nude beach" part of SL has been a looming PR disaster for a long time. If you are aware of the allegations that spawned this move, you'd know it was because of accusations of things like artwork at an adoption sim that magically turned into semi-erotic shota images (young male anime characters) as soon as specific avatars were in range. And some of the allegations had no evidence, some had pictures of stuff in world or on SLMP.

And I mean, I highly doubt those types are going to show up in the forum to try and defend themselves, because they're basically admitting to breaking the new ToS.

Then you have people who are afraid of being accused of being a child AV when they aren't. Only because there are people in SL who have absurd ideas of what an adult should be (i.e. if you're not over 7 feet covered in hair and Aesthetic style muscles you're a child or if you don't have a massive chest and hourglass shape as a female). These are the most vocal people in the thread and I don't blame them. They are basically caught in something they want nothing to do with and they have a lot to lose by being caught up in it. I don't think these new rules are targeted at this group at all. I think they are just worried in general.

Not to mention the current political climate has a lot of people biting their tongues on things they don't really like (i.e. tons of people silently supporting this as others have noticed).

LL doesn't want to get dragged into moderating how AVs look. It's a total time and money pit for them to be a type of arbiter of when your height slider and facial structure suddenly made your AV 16 year old and now you are permabanned.

Edited by Flea Yatsenko
typoes
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I think they are cleaning it up to sell it.

2007: "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" --- time warp -- 2024: "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I wouldn't have thought that but if there is nothing else that potentially triggered this dramatic change, maybe you're right and potentially affirm my suspicion that this is only the start.

Arielle, you're not new here. You know what has sponsored these changes.

Why on earth does everything have to be a sinister conspiracy?

Sometimes I feel like you're RPing a Dan Brown novel here on the forums. IT WAS THE TEMPLARS!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Aya Sweetheart said:

And someone makes a tattoo layer that makes the modesty part of the skin vanish... now is it still meeting the rules?  I am saying its always removable, so they need to make the rule more clear.

In my view, the original skin creator would be in compliance, but whomever wore the tattoo layer that basically removed the modesty layer would be the one getting in trouble -- if it was discovered.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

i.e. if you're not over 7 feet covered in hair and Aesthetic style muscles you're a child or if you don't have a massive chest and hourglass shape as a female

Nope, not one person here thinks that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Arielle, you're not new here. You know what has sponsored these changes.

Why on earth does everything have to be a sinister conspiracy?

Sometimes I feel like you're RPing a Dan Brown novel here on the forums. IT WAS THE TEMPLARS!!!

Because 6 months later you find out it was right?

26 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

At one point there was a pretty big attempt to sweep adult content to a quiet corner of the grid on a restricted continent, sweeping it under the rug as the say.

And, tragically ALL ADULT CONTENT IN SL DISAPPEARED!!!!

No. It didn't, actually, did it? What it did mean is that my G-rated sewing circle parcel no longer had to sit next to a Dolcett dungeon.

This is just not that radical a change. It just isn't!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Rowan Amore said:
4 minutes ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

i.e. if you're not over 7 feet covered in hair and Aesthetic style muscles you're a child or if you don't have a massive chest and hourglass shape as a female

Yes, and ewwww!

• Haha 1

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

No one here in the thread does, but they definitely exist in world. The thread is actually pretty civil and level headed, as evidenced by the fact a controversial thread on a very controversial topic is about to hit 100 pages without being locked. I know, I've met them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because 6 months later you find out it was right?

I have a very very thin notebook in which I keep track of the times that happened.

Actually, it's a matchbook.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

2007: "The sky is falling, the sky is falling!" --- time warp -- 2024: "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

Didn't you earlier say that 2007 was when it started going downhill? So that makes 2007 the beginning of the end!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

No one here in the thread does, but they definitely exist in world.

Why does that matter? They can ban you any time from their land for any reason; that is not changing and has nothing to do with the TOS.

What does it have to do with the TOS changes?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Flea Yatsenko said:

No one here in the thread does, but they definitely exist in world. The thread is actually pretty civil and level headed, as evidenced by the fact a controversial thread on a very controversial topic is about to hit 100 pages without being locked. I know, I've met them.

As I've mentioned,.there are plenty of petite women in the adult.places I go.  I have no problem with them at all.  Obviously, the region owners don't either.  However, the statement I quoted from you is constantly thrown around.  I've never heard one person say anyone under 7 foot who didn't have giant boobs and an ass was a child.  

• Like 5