So what changed in the Terms of Service?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Then you are a child avi

I'm sorry to say that logic makes no sense whatsoever.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

It's literally a standard anime face.

This is Misato Katsuragi a 29 year old character from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, with a standard anime face. Only real difference between her face and Wincils face is make up.

Misato_Katsuragi.jpg

Ok, but if I saw this avatar in a A rated sim, I'd report it. It looks like a child.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And this is an awful and really condescending word.

Can you please stop referring to everyone who doesn't view this from your particular perspective as though we were dull, unenlightened, and un-hip? I get that it makes you feel "special" and all that, but it's a term associated with cultures such as that of Incels, and it makes me want to throw something at my screen.

How is it an condescending word term associated with cultures such as that of Incels? I'm not saying that  they are dull, unenlightened, and un-hip.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I'm sorry to say you are a moron. 

Well I know you haven't been on the forums that long but personal attacks are not allowed here. That's a personal attack.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Ok, but if I saw this avatar in a A rated sim, I'd report it. It looks like a child.

Uh, no. And honestly, I rejoice in knowing your sentiment would die quickly in a Governance meeting, if the Lab's words on the matter lately are anything to go by.

Edited by Rathgrith027

Just now, Kathlen Onyx said:

You'd be reporting an innocent person for having a stylized face. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

This is Misato Katsuragi a 29 year old character from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, with a standard anime face. Only real difference between her face and Wincils face is make up.

Misato_Katsuragi.jpg

Exactly some people seen to be missing the point my avatar isn't wearing any makeup though.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

How is it an condescending word term associated with cultures such as that of Incels? I'm not saying that  they are dull, unenlightened, and un-hip.

From Merriam-Webster (emphasis added):

"The term normie has emerged as both a noun and an adjective referring to one whose tastes, lifestyle, habits, and attitude are mainstream and far from the cutting edge, or a person who is otherwise not notable or remarkable.

Current use of normie does away with such specific applications. Its more generalized use, however, sometimes comes with an implied sneer of condescension or contempt, particularly within online communities. It has taken hold in the language of memes and was, for a while, part of the vocabulary of alt-right discourse."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

Exactly some people seen to be missing the point.

And these people wonder why people are concerned this is going to turn into a witch hunt against anything they deem to young looking.

Honestly, not a good look when would be witchfinder paedofinder generals can't tell the difference between a child face and a face stylized in a popular art style.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

You'd be reporting an innocent person for having a stylized face. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well then you have nothing to worry about. I'm still allowed to make a report.  Reporting doesn't make it so. It just gives LL the chance to make a determination.

Edited by Kathlen Onyx
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Stupidest comment on this thread. Sorry, not sorry.

Ouch 😆. It's how I feel though. Child avis weird me out at the best of times, apart from Phoebe. People who have a problem with modesty patches have more going on than we all should be exposed to in sl. That's my opinion 🤷‍♂️. It isn't a stupid opinion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well then you have nothing to worry about. I'm still allowed to make a report.  Reporting doesn't make it so. It just give LL the chance to make a determination.

Oh you sweet summer child.

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Imagine reporting an innocent person for having a stylized face. 🙃

It's a child like face, and under the changes to the TOS, child like avatars should be reported if they breach the new restrictions. If I saw an avatar using that "stylised" head in an adult sim, you can bet I would be reporting it and so would a lot of other people. Doesn't matter what their profile said about really being over 18, or into anime, it is child like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Oh you sweet summer child.

Um, thanks...I actually haven't a clue what that means. Is it like "bless your heart"? Cause I know what that means.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Ouch 😆. It's how I feel though. Child avis weird me out at the best of times, apart from Phoebe. People who have a problem with modesty patches have more going on than we all should be exposed to in sl. That's my opinion 🤷‍♂️. It isn't a stupid opinion. 

Ok, I get how you feel about it but report them to the authorities? Honestly, what are they going to report? What are the authorities to do with it?

3 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I didn't see anyone with a problem having a modesty requirement... just in how the rules are implemented and what it means for existing paid for content being unusable.  I think they need to change it as well and remove the "cannot be removed" part... and make it say you are not allowed to remove it and be nude.  Otherwise, anything with any tattoo layer can be covered up and "removed" as its completely hidden.  A BOM layer that must be worn to keep modest should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And this is an awful and really condescending word.

It's not intended that way and that intent does matter, it's just shorthand for someone outside a specific special interest community or sub culture.

You're not an anime fan .. therefore .. probably shouldn't be used outside the group, but her we are.

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Well I know you haven't been on the forums that long but personal attacks are not allowed here. That's a personal attack.

... and you've been incessantly attacking her avatars face.

None of this is necessary, but it does highlight the flack that anime avatars and non-standard and non-conforming avatars get in general. This is why anime avatars stick to their spaces and why furries do the same .. because plenty of regular humans are jerks who seem drawn to picking on anyone who's different.

3 minutes ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

People who have a problem with modesty patches have more going on than we all should be exposed to in sl. That's my opinion 🤷‍♂️. It isn't a stupid opinion. 

It's stupid.

No one has a problem with the modesty patches .. the question we have is - WHAT COUNTS AS ONE.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from the following: Being fully nude.

Not only that, but they are not allowed to be around nude avatars either:

image.png.8ea5815929b1096274d2fdd30fb55a23.png

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I can't see is anything restricting child avatars from being around nudity. Sexuality, yes -- that's clearly prohibited, and has been for years. But I don't see anything that would prevent a child avatar who is not nude (i.e., in a bathing suit) from hanging out at a beach where everyone else is nude.

Am I missing something?

See my previous post - the one right above this one

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

It's a child like face, and under the changes to the TOS, child like avatars should be reported if they breach the new restrictions. If I saw an avatar using that "stylised" head in an adult sim, you can bet I would be reporting it and so would a lot of other people. Doesn't matter what their profile said about really being over 18, or into anime, it is child like.

Can you like leave me alone please?

Edited by Wincil

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

... and you've been incessantly attacking her avatars face.

I beg your pardon? I haven't ATTACKED her face at all. I said it looked like a child (and it does) and I'd report her if I saw her in an A rated region.

Give me a break Coffee. I know you are the adult content champion here but I'm not the only one with eyes. She even said her face was a babyface. How does that register as adult in any way, shape or form?

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

Misato_Katsuragi.jpg

Coffee is correct that I am not deep into anime culture, but I am sufficiently familiar with it (via things like My Hero Academia, Fullmetal Alchemist, and of course Miyazaki) that I myself do not see that as a representation of a child. Not even just the face.

There is definitely a cultural issue here -- the "translation" sometimes can lead to misleading conclusions. At the same time, it needs to also be acknowledged that the sexualization of young people is by no means uncommon in anime culture (and I'm not just talking about Hentai).

This is one of those areas where we are going to have to have some faith that Governance is reasonable and relatively well-informed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2