So what changed in the Terms of Service?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Well it's not linden labs intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves.

What happens in principle and what happens in practice are two very different things. I'm struggling to see how any content creator for child avatars is going to be able to come up with a modesty layer that is never removable in the allloted time. Even if they do, the amount of content (skins) and fitmesh it will break will be HUGE. If creators have to go down the route of adding mesh underwear that is fixed to the body and locked in, that's going to make pretty much every pair of jeans, trousers, shorts and swimwear unwearable due to clipping issues. It will be even worse if a chest modesty layer is required too. 

My biggest fear is that it will simply be too impractiable, i.e. child avis will be banned in all but name. 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Wincil said:

You don't even know what my avatar even looks like in world. 

I did say "forum picture".

However, your inworld profile shows the same picture -- and too me it looks like a child (yes, I am assuming that you look pretty much like your profile picture shows):

image.png.fb860931753d3c27d4b0a7b7e5f2b28e.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Wincil said:

You don't even know what my avatar even looks like in world. 

Just becuse im babyfaced or look youthful doesn't mean im a child(never uses a child avatar)
I use a body mod called kemono fitted torso for my kemono mesh body

We kind of do since you tell everyone in your profile.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did say "forum picture".

However, your inworld profile shows the same picture -- and too me it looks like a child:

image.png.fb860931753d3c27d4b0a7b7e5f2b28e.png

Blatant accusations much? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Accusation about what?   

I said that "to me" you look like a child and if I owned an Adult region and you shown up, I'd send you packing.  Every region owner has the right to their own opinion of other avatars and who they allow in their regions.

That is not to say that LL would consider you a child.  I do not know how they would classify you.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yes and LL has said that it can be difficult defining a 'child' in some cases.  Based on your forum picture, I'd call you a child and if you TP'd to an Adult region that I owned, I'd send you out and ban you.

Heck, based on her forum responses I call her a child.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

What happens in principle and what happens in practice are two very different things. I'm struggling to see how any content creator for child avatars is going to be able to come up with a modesty layer that is never removable in the allloted time. Even if they do, the amount of content (skins) and fitmesh it will break will be HUGE. If creators have to go down the route of adding mesh underwear that is fixed to the body and locked in, that's going to make pretty much every pair of jeans, trousers, shorts and swimwear unwearable due to clipping issues. It will be even worse if a chest modesty layer is required too. 

I'm not a creator by any stretch but I really don't see that adding a modesty area to the relevant parts would be that difficult on a modifiable skin. Put it PS or Gimp, make a layer with the modesty area, save, upload and wear.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

I take a break and come back to a witch hunt over a profile picture.

The poster commented that it can be difficult to determine child and we have all been saying all along that is true and LL looks at many things.  However, region owners will still handle it based on their opinion.  I then followed that up with saying that "to me" the poster's picture looked like a child.

I don't call that a "witch hunt".

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Wincil said:

You said it was hard to define what a child avatar looked like.  Most people see anime avatars as childlike as in looking like a child.  You use such an avatar.  Not accusing you of anything at all.  No one has.  I've only said your avatar looks like a child and to be careful going to adult regions.  No where have I said you've done anything wrong.  Sheesh.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

My biggest fear is that it will simply be too impractiable, i.e. child avis will be banned in all but name. 

It's not a modesty layer.  As in a extra layer of clothing.

It has to be part of the skin.  It won't clip because it will be on the skin.  It will be like a black area photoshopped over the skin.  Similar to what happens if you take your clothes off in imvu without buying a adult content pass.

If the body is a mod it will be a black area over the textures private parts.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

Well, be patient, you´ll grow up and in a few years you´ll be rated adult.

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

I'm not a creator by any stretch but I really don't see that adding a modesty area to the relevant parts would be that difficult on a modifiable skin. Put it PS or Gimp, make a layer with the modesty area, save, upload and wear.

Making a skin with a modesty layer is not the problem. The problem is THAT IT MUST NOT BE REMOVABLE. As soon as skin creators make skins with modesty layers I can go get one, am I complaint? No, why? Because there is nothing stopping me from using an illegal skin. I wouldn't do that, but that doesn't matter. The requirement is that there should never be an option for that to happen. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You said it was hard to define what a child avatar looked like.  Most people see anime avatars as childlike as in looking like a child.  You use such an avatar.  Not accusing you of anything at all.  No one has.  I've only said your avatar looks like a child and to be careful going to adult regions.  No where have I said you've done anything wrong.  Sheesh.

I wouldn't say that most people do. 

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

It's not a modesty layer.  As in a extra layer of clothing.

It has to be part of the skin.  It won't clip because it will be on the skin.  It will be like a black area photoshopped over the skin.  Similar to what happens if you take your clothes off in imvu without buying a adult content pass.

If the body is a mod it will be a black area over the textures private parts.

LL have said creators of child avatars must bake / lock the modesty layer into the body. You can't do that with bom. 

• Like 3

Just now, Wincil said:

How do you know that my avatar is a child avatar? what's with you normies? 

I did not say that your avatar WAS a child avatar.  I said that "IMO, your avatar looks like a child".

And as I said in a previous post, my opinion only matters if I own an Adult region and you come to it.

LL's opinion is what matters as far as what your avatar can do inworld.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Making a skin with a modesty layer is not the problem. The problem is THAT IT MUST NOT BE REMOVABLE. As soon as skin creators make skins with modesty layers I can go get one, am I complaint? No, why? Because there is nothing stopping me from using an illegal skin. I wouldn't do that, but that doesn't matter. The requirement is that there should never be an option for that to happen. 

The modesty layer must not be removable ...meaning it must be fixed on to the skin .. as in not a separate layer as to not be removable from the skin.

It is not to be welded into your avatar with no possibility of ever being removed. You are allowed to change avatar, you just cant be a child avatar without an irremovable modesty layer.

Edited by Coffee Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since LL cannot really force an option of 'never getting around the modesty layer", that is where the avatar decides whether or not they play by the rules.  If they do not and they get caught, they may be permanently banned.

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

how can a skin not be removable? any skin can be replaced with another skin.

The whole concept of what LL is asking is simply ludicrous.

Tell us  LL will ban child avatars without telling us LL will ban child avatars

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

The modest layer must not be removable ...meaning it must be fixed on to the skin .. as in not a separate layer as to not be removable from the skin.

It is not to be welded into your avatar with no possibility of ever being removed. You are allowed to change avatar, you just cant be a child avatar without an irremovable modesty layer.

I know that, again, you're not seeing the point. How do you create a chld avatar. so that when someone is using it, they can't remove the skin? If you try to do that with BOM you can just replace it with another Bom skin. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I did not say that your avatar WAS a child avatar.  I said that "IMO, your avatar looks like a child".

And as I said in a previous post, my opinion only matters if I own an Adult region and you come to it.

LL's opinion is what matters as far as what your avatar can do inworld.

It states that it's not linden labs intent to banish childlike avatars in and of themselves in the ToS. 

• Confused 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 136 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.