A Lab Gab ponderance ...

29 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yes, but the videos of the Lab Gab are the real bad advertisement, and should no longer be produced this way IMHO. Boring to death to watch and therefor way under par for 2024.

(If someone from the Lab reads this, sorry for my Dutch directness, but that is how it stands without sugar coating).

It's a podcast, that talks about what is new in SL and news in SL. What do you expect dude? 

• Like 2

I think only about 5 people actually watched the entire half hour podcast.  They all posted here about cats, animations, and fingers.

So, should each Lab Gab be a half hour machinima production serving as an advertisement?  They could choose to focus on answering questions that residents have and discussing their worries over fees and longevity of the platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

They could sneak stuff past us more easily.

Yeah, and I like the podcast format, especially when they do show some newness. I understand that it is not for everyone, and if these people don't like it. They don't have to watch it. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

It's a podcast, that talks about what is new in SL and news in SL. What do you expect dude? 

No visuals, if it is a podcast.
And released trough podcast channels.
Don't release podcasts on video platforms. They are for videos.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I understand your satire here, but:

Do you watch a 30 minutes TV shows where nothing happens  but to heads slightly moving and a few cats hanging around?
Seriously?
This is totally not showcasing what is possible in this field within Second Life.

Compare the Lab Gab with this for instance to see what is visually possible:

That would require whoever makes the Lab Gab videos to put some effort in, and a qualified videographer and editor.  I haven't seen any so far...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagnu said:

That would require whoever makes the Lab Gab videos to put some effort in, and a qualified videographer and editor.  I haven't seen any so far...

I mean if LL needs help. I have experience and background in that area. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I mean if LL needs help. I have experience and background in that area. 

They really should look into residents. Seriously. Anyone could be an SL resident. David Cronenberg,  James Cameron. We simply don't know. 

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Another would be no closed captioning.

I've seen some blogs that embed their podcast and include a full written transcript below it. As long as LL also posted the podcast on the community blog, that could work.

As for timestamps, there are ways to add those, too.

• Like 2

Honestly, if it were changed to "audio only", then people would complain that "Second Life is a visual media, can't they be bothered to use their own platform? Are they ashamed of it? Does the CEO even log into it?"

This is one of those "no-win" topics, people are going to complain no matter what you do. Thanks to @Coffee Pancakefor bringing it up.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Honestly, if it were changed to "audio only", then people would complain that "Second Life is a visual media, can't they be bothered to use their own platform? Are they ashamed of it? Does the CEO even log into it?"

This is one of those "no-win" topics, people are going to complain no matter what you do. Thanks to @Coffee Pancakefor bringing it up.

You can never make anyone happy. Lol 

• Thanks 1

I would have liked to have seen Oberwager out there wearing a PBR latex catsuit. He could have simultaneously updated the community about Tilla whilst also twerking around, demonstrating realistic PBR light reflections on his shiny ass. Missed a trick there Brad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Honestly, if it were changed to "audio only", then people would complain that "Second Life is a visual media, can't they be bothered to use their own platform?

As an informational/promotional offering(not necessarily an advertisement) it should be trivially easy to offer both..it just requires a bit of editing on the audio.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ineffable Mote said:

As an informational/promotional offering(not necessarily an advertisement) it should be trivially easy to offer both..it just requires a bit of editing on the audio.

I mean if you need help with editing, just give me a shout. 

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Where there cats?
Honestly I never saw them. I use the Lab Gab as a podcast, when there are no subjects that require visuals, like the other one this month with viewer updates.

You're right! She ditched them apparently for this episode. It looks like it is in a Linden stilt home so likely she didn't have the prims lol.

Or maybe she finally noticed my constant carping about those damn cats over the years. Anyways, progress!

I'm not bothered by the fact that talking avatars don't 'do much' or have hackneyed gestures. It's ok. 

Here it is:

3 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You're right! She ditched them apparently for this episode. It looks like it is in a Linden stilt home so likely she didn't have the prims lol.

Or maybe she finally noticed my constant carping about those damn cats over the years. Anyways, progress!

I'm not bothered by the fact that talking avatars don't 'do much' or have hackneyed gestures. It's ok. 

Here it is:

Don't you mean you harassed her to get rid of it? Lol. Cmon now man, get it right.