Diversity and Inclusion in Second Life

8 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Women's day was ignored. 

European and other parts of the world days are also all ignored. 
( also in featured events and fundraisers)

so ...

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Is this happening in SL?

Not YET, but will it?

Yes, if the fake-diversity people get their way.

Did you forget we've already had threads complaining that there are "too many" white avatars, and demanding an end to the sale of white skin tones in SL?

Threads whining about "too many" human avatars in SL, "too many" avatars over 5'2" in SL, "too many" hetro avatars in SL.

Certain people claiming it's OK, to discriminate against people based on skin colour, gender, and gender preference,  as long as they can be labelled as "oppressors".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:
13 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Women's day was ignored. 

European and other parts of the world days are also all ignored. 
( also in featured events and fundraisers)

so ...

It's disadvantaged groups that we want to give special attention to because they have been harmed.  Europe is not a disadvantaged group, in fact with quite a few metrics they are doing better than the US.

25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I've never seen you acknowledge the other side as having any merit, but instead see any mention from the aggrieved person/group as an excuse to fight and stir up trouble, even if in partial jest.

If I say that 20 pounds is lighter than 60 pounds, I'm not saying 20 pounds is weightless. It just means I can do math better than most activists.

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Is this happening in SL? This thread is supposed to be about Second Life, not the gaming industry as a whole.

Considering SL is an online game, the trends of the overall industry do have an effect here, reduced as it may be.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Hexem said:

If I say that 20 pounds is lighter than 60 pounds, I'm not saying 20 pounds is weightless. It just means I can do math better than most activists.

You only do "math singular"? What will the English think?!?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ok, so Second Life gets a "bad score" on "Women" (misogyny, ignoring Women's Day, etc...)

..Yet most users are Women (AFAIK). That does not sound very smart at all of Second Life / Linden Lab!

Women are socialized to be caretakers....to "take it"...to consider others needs over their own. To smooth over things rather than fight for their rights.  It's getting better...but still we're not there yet...to a place of equality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Not YET, but will it?

Yes, if the fake-diversity people get their way.

Did you forget we've already had threads complaining that there are "too many" white avatars, and demanding an end to the sale of white skin tones in SL?

Threads whining about "too many" human avatars in SL, "too many" avatars over 5'2" in SL, "too many" hetro avatars in SL.

Certain people claiming it's OK, to discriminate against people based on skin colour, gender, and gender preference,  as long as they can be labelled as "oppressors".

Did you forget that SL has a user-based economy? Nobody is forcing anyone here to represent their avatar in one way or another. Do you really care that there are multiple ethnicities available for starter avatars? Or do you just enjoy ranting about some imagined injustice against white people and sexy avatars?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And as if on cue

Exhibit A:

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Europe is not a disadvantaged group

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You only do "math singular"? What will the English think?!?

I live in a country that defeated them in a war so that I don't have to care what they think!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And as if on cue

Exhibit A:

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Europe is not a disadvantaged group

If I want to give some food to a hungry person who has little food I am not discriminating against a person with a full fridge by not providing food for them too.  I'm simply helping the disadvantaged person.   This is what diversity and inclusion actions hope to achieve -- to help the person with less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Women are socialized to be caretakers....to "take it"...to consider others needs over their own. To smooth over things rather than fight for their rights.  It's getting better...but still we're not there yet...to a place of equality.

Thank goodness we have role models here on the forums of women who are not afraid to fight for their views and rights. @Rowan Amore @Scylla Rhiadra @Ayashe Ninetails @Zalificent Corvinus

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:
14 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Thank goodness we have role models here on the forums of women who are not afraid to fight for their views and rights. @Rowan Amore @Scylla Rhiadra @Ayashe Ninetails @Zalificent Corvinus

yay!  hands fly up and hearts fly out of my head (like what the yay gesture creates in SL) lol

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

As far as the misogyny goes, women allow it and actively look for it.  Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemies.  

A lot of women don't like misogyny. And alot of of female avis participating in misogyny are men behind the female avatars. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:
2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

As far as the misogyny goes, women allow it and actively look for it.  Sometimes, we can be our own worst enemies.  

A lot of women don't like misogyny. And alot of of female avis participating in misogyny are men behind the female avatars. 

Like because a few women are emotionally ill and seek abuse then the abuse must be okay. And worse, it's important we mention it in the discussion to create, what, some kind of fairness or balance?    Super weird.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I live in a country that defeated them in a war so that I don't have to care what they think!

Sorry, I am just so used to being "brow-beaten" here by some of them, that I am concussed!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

A lot of women don't like misogyny.

Logical.

10 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

And alot of of female avis participating in misogyny are men behind the female avatars. 

Ahah!

But still, to "allow it to thrive" (like the CP/AP), isn't a good look.

Diversity: "We are all women here."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

because a few women are emotionally ill

Did you mean to say this?  I know I snipped the sentence, but...  what?

Yes I do believe that women who seek out others to abuse them are emotionally ill and in need of help so that they develop greater self-esteem.    I don't buy the kink thing with it.

17 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I added SOME women allow it but I had assumed that went without saying.  Obviously not.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm pushing the "Let people represent as they wish in SL, as long as they aren't insulting or sickening others" agenda.

Agree. Unfortunately so many female avatars are both those things to rl women.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Like because a few women are emotionally ill and seek abuse then the abuse must be okay. And worse, it's important we mention it in the discussion to create, what, some kind of fairness or balance?    Super weird.

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Did you mean to say this?  I know I snipped the sentence, but...  what?

Sounds judgy, doesn't it? Sort of like claiming other people must have unresolved childhood trauma or they just aren't enlightened enough.

It's an old trope that people who are into BDSM play must have mental problems, just as homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness by therapists and still is considered a kind of moral illness by some people coming from a religious perspective.

• Like 4