Diversity and Inclusion in Second Life

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Nonsense!

Look at the banner picture at the top of the forum, you can plainly see the White Trophy Girlfriend, she looks straight, right? She has a boyfriend!

You will never ever see a straight white couple portrayed in any LL advertising, but that is standard all across the advertising industry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extrude Ragu said:

The racism problem we had in the past was that people were actually racist.

The racism problem we have in the present is that keeping racism alive is a multi billion dollar industry.

The sooner people learn to stop caring, the sooner all this nonsense stops.

Also, we have this issue in the West right now that people are basing their whole personality around social justice issues, wars and politics, it radicalises people who would otherwise lead normal lives and have more healthy, productive hobbies.

The fight against real racism ended successfully before most of us were born. The fight against “racism” today is one giant scam to get money and favors.

• Haha 2

Unpopular idea: in order to promote Second Life as diverse, LL creates ads showing diverse avatars (race and gender); by extension of the recent discussion, it follows that LL often has, just as normal users, different race / gender humans piloting those same diverse avatars for the ads.

Sorry for the awkward wording.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You will never ever see a straight white couple portrayed in any LL advertising, but that is standard all across the advertising industry.

Time to take a seat at the back of the bus for awhile, buddy.     grins

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Time to take a seat at the back of the bus for awhile, buddy.     grins

right… lets fix past wrongs by discriminating against whites… oh so very nice of you

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
deleted stuff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:
1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I wouldn't base my idea of reality on the problems with one game I'm familiar with...it would be only one personal experience...a broader perspective is needed.  You can research this online to see how various dynamics can enable some to have a heads up in society...proof...verified studies done on it..

So keep testing until you get the results you want? Right, more confirmation bias.

You were just advocating Science on another thread, and now you're labeling it useless?

35 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The fight against real racism ended successfully before most of us were born. The fight against “racism” today is one giant scam to get money and favors.

🙄

33 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

this topic is off the rails, half the posts will be deleted tomorrow when a Linden shows up for work and draws “forum control” as their assigned duty for the day. 

Im out of here 😂

Gosh. However did THAT happen???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

this topic is off the rails, half the posts will be deleted tomorrow when a Linden shows up for work and draws “forum control” as their assigned duty for the day. 

Im out of here 😂

You and a couple others have completely derailed this thread, and then you have the nerve to say, "Oh look, the thread's been derailed! I'm out of here." 🙄

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You and a couple others have completely derailed this thread, and then you have the nerve to say, "Oh look, the thread's been derailed! I'm out of here." 🙄

I didn't even get to help this time.

It's a shame that some people hate diversity so much, that even the thought of discussing it in Second Life fills them with fear and anger. Or, do they simply strike out at things they do not understand which they see as a threat - even diversity in Second Life?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

As a Single White Female (in SL -- married in RL), I highly doubt that my opinion on this really matters much.  The opinions that really matter are the people most impacted by DEI.

You're a woman, part of a group who are routinely discriminated against. I would hope that DEI would include women.

As for SL, well misogyny is rife and widely accepted. Abuse of women is glorified and mainstream, just look at some of the things that are sold at events and on the marketplace and you can see this. There are misogynistic groups and popular venues promoting hatred of women. And racism is an issue too, there are loads of racist groups and some venues that promote white supremacy. But I guess people will say "that's just roleplaying".

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

And racism is an issue too, there are loads of racist groups and some venues that promote white supremacy.

If you say so, I never heard of them.  But there are groups and clubs that discriminate against straight white men too, banning them if they even show up.  So what is your point?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

You were just advocating Science on another thread, and now you're labeling it useless?

No, just the way you propose science, which is just a corruption. Shop until you get the data you want.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

You're a woman, part of a group who are routinely discriminated against. I would hope that DEI would include women.

As for SL, well misogyny is rife and widely accepted. Abuse of women is glorified and mainstream, just look at some of the things that are sold at events and on the marketplace and you can see this. There are misogynistic groups and popular venues promoting hatred of women. And racism is an issue too, there are loads of racist groups and some venues that promote white supremacy. But I guess people will say "that's just roleplaying".

lots of venues promote black supremacy, why not mention those?

bottom line, in second life anything except pedophilia is allowed as long as you call it roleplay

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

If you say so, I never heard of them.  But there are groups and clubs that discriminate against straight white men too, banning them if they even show up.  So what is your point?

oh, its discrimination against white men, thats perfectly acceptable, in second life and in real life. thats what DEI is all about

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Since I think the topic is about SL. I would say that the world itself it pretty dang inclusive and diverse.

Ironically, some who fear diversity are afraid they may be "replaced".  The irony is, if all [type of people] were to disappear from the RL, then they could still be well-represented in SL by those role-playing [their category].

SL is THAT GOOD at representation, that it even scares people who are afraid of losing their place in RL.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's a shame that some people hate diversity so much, that even the thought of discussing it in Second Life fills them with fear and anger. Or, do they simply strike out at things they do not understand which they see as a threat - even diversity in Second Life?

It's more accurate to say "hate the bigots pushing a fraudulent agenda".

Some self-hating asshat, announces they are an "LGBTQAI+ Ally", then they announce that "Star Wars BattleFront 2" isn't "diverse and inclusive enough", because "None of the CLONE troopers are from Ethnic and Gender minorities", then when somebody NOT certifiably insane points out that the Clones are CLONES, and thus are all identical copies of a Maori Bounty Hunter from a planet called "New Zealand", you complain that the non-insane fact stating people make you sad, because they "hate diversity and inclusion".

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:
11 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, just the way you propose science, which is just a corruption. Shop until you get the data you want.

I proposed that Zali not base her opinion about diversity inclusion on the one experience she had with games -- corruption in assessing reality occurs when someone does THAT and not when they search for additional data that provides more examples to examine.

• Haha 3

• Love Zhaoying changed the title to Diversity and Inclusion in Second Life

FYI - I changed the Title, thus changing the "Original Post"!   (The previous title was "D&E"/"DEI"-centric, which could mislead people as to the purpose of my post.)

Restated question: How would you rate Diversity and Inclusion in Second Life?

NOTE: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CORPORATE "D&E/DEI" TRAINING, ETC.

--

Old Title and Question:

Previous original thread post: How would you rate Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Second Life?

now that Love has changed the thread title, I believe diversity and inclusion is 100% embrased in second life, but it goes both ways, so you are also free to exclude anyone you wish from your second life.

Now if only RL was like that 😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I guess in polite society it shouldn't be pointed out which gender is the largest consumer of misogynist items? Most of the males in SL wouldn't dare unless the women they are with demanded it.

As to the racism, that is just misinformation. I hang out in places where both the dominants and submissive come and the overwhelming majority subscribe to active black supremacist groups. I can in fact only recall seeing one white one and it wasn't very active.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1