Anyone else have more mainland prims available suddenly?

Laguna Bend house - from 202 Li to 168 Li. 🥰

When I first read about it, I had to check that it wasn't April 1th!

I have linked a lot of things in sets, so it is really difficult to find exact out how much they gone down. But my Voda pool gazebo (From Kraftwork) has gone from 48 to 40 Li. A planter was 4 Li and it has gone down to 3 Li.

Another thing is the Apple Fall boxwood urn. I had stretched so download was 1.4. And now the download went down to 1.1, and it means I can stretch it more, without Li increase. It is bigger and more impressive now, and it have the same Li.

• Like 2

It will be a massive job for creators, to upgrade all sale posters and marketplace ads. They will need time... Many will probably not catch up in months, years, maybe never if they only have a Marketplace store.

I hope customers will not go back and complain that the land impact is lower than advertised!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It will be a massive job for creators, to upgrade all sale posters and marketplace ads. They will need time... Many will probably not catch up in months, years, maybe never if they only have a Marketplace store.

I hope customers will not go back and complain that the land impact is lower than advertised!! 😂

I'm on it already. I found a solution I can live with.
It takes less than a minute per listing. I add a picture to each listing.

LI%20%20change%202.jpg?1712323057

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Great idea!

Are creators/store owners aware of this?

Those who sell big items like houses, will have an advantage over those who do not update their listings. I have not yet found a house that is 100 Li lower than before, but I have found houses that have lost over 50 Li, like 60-70 Li.

It is a bit difficult to calculate the Hisa house "Hacienda la Valeta" since it is rezzed in several parts, due to the maximum prims a linkset can have. The "Magicae" house from Scarlet Creative is also rezzed in parts.

I sort Land impact low-high when I shop. Land is my biggest expense in SL, and when a house drop in Li, it is more attractive to buy. It makes me able to have more items on the land than before.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Great idea!

Those who sell big items like houses, will have an advantage over those who do not update their listings. I have not yet found a house that is 100 Li lower than before, but I have found houses that have lost over 50 Li, like 60-70 Li.

It is a bit difficult to calculate the Hisa house "Hacienda la Valeta" since it is rezzed in several parts, due to the maximum prims a linkset can have. The "Magicae" house from Scarlet Creative is also rezzed in parts.

I sort Land impact low-high when I shop. Land is my biggest expense in SL, and when a house drop in Li, it is more attractive to buy. It makes me able to have more items on the land than before.

As always it is hard to get the news spread among everybody in SL.
Some read the forums, most don't, some are subscribed to the news letters, others not, some read the blog posts, most don't even know about them.
But the news will spread from mouth to mouth over the next weeks I guess.

I found out that adding the picture takes about 50 minutes for 100 listings if one works concentrated.
Thankfully I'm only a small potato merchant, but the ones with a gazillion listings in home and garden, furniture and decorations will have to spend hours and hours.

But, if I were one of them big boys and girls, I would likely only alter the shop banner with a text and call it a day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is also a topic over in the Linden Homes forum.

I posted this there, which is a tip on how to use this change to get an greater reduction IF you happen to find the right values when you edit an object:

Amount that I save is all over the place. As expected.

One lot seems to have gained 10 or less. Another almost 40-50 I think. I didn't exactly remember where it was before. As a change to download weight, if the thing that was determining it for a given piece of mesh was server or physics then no impact. But its usually download weight so yeah - a lot of savings.

Doesn't impact me much as my build in my land is generally "done" for what I wanted rezzed out. But it's a nice thing to see anyway.

For people looking to squeeze more drops out of this fruit - if you edit an object the way the blog shows and the highest total is physics, you can often change that one down by linking all the things that don't matter for "bumping into it" - then make the last final link something that ought to be solid like a table or chair. And then edit it so the physics of everything except the root prim is set to 'none'.

- I'd already done this, which is why my lot that saved a LOT saved a lot. Most of my build there was a magical forest around my fantasy tree. Grass, leaves, giant mushrooms, and other things all set to 'none' on physics so when download went down, I got a lot of LI back.

Setting 'none' on physics for everything you're not worried about bumping into has another major bonus: less lag. If SL isn't trying to d math on the chances of you running over a cloud in the sky or flying through a prim that's under the ground - it tends to finish it's math for moving around a lot quicker. ;)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Thanks 2

Some of my items (under Reid Parkin) have increased in LI. This is a problem when it has been advertised on MP as 1 Li and now it is 2. I only checked a couple of items and I don't know the extent of it. I don't know how many of my items are now being advertised with a lower LI than when rezzed. I think it might be the physics that has gone up. There is a solution and that is to changed it to convex hull. Do I now have to check every item I have for sale to see if the LI has increased and then fix it?

Anyone else found this?

I'm going to make a new post because this might be important if it is an issue. But so far I have only found items that have increased in LI and none that have gone down, so far.

Edited by Rya Nitely
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:59 PM, Sid Nagy said:

Have you actually CHECKED that all your items have in fact gone DOWN in LI?

10 hours ago, Rya Nitely said:

Some of my items (under Reid Parkin) have increased in LI.

A friend and I did some testing today.

24 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

A friend and I tested this earlier today, on one of her currently empty double-prim parcels.

LI is supposedly based on 3 values, download cost, physics cost, and server cost, and generally which ever is highest, determines the LI.

We found that larger objects, like buildings were more likely to show a reduction, and a larger reduction. One notable exception was a building some 40 m square, and 16 m high, which was 41 LI and is now 39 LI. Contrary to expectations this 2 LI drop wasn't due to the "15% cut in Download cost" as that had always been under 10, and wasn't due to server cost, also always under 10 on that item, in fact it's PHYSICS cost went down from from just under 41, to just under 39.

Smaller items, furniture, decor items etc., fared rather unpredictably. A decorative kitchen/dining item, a serving platter with an original LI of 2, was now LI 3, it's download weight had dropped from 1.9 to 1.8, BUT it's server cost WENT UP from under 2.0 to 2.8.

Items that went up were a minority, but there's enough of them that it raises some potential problems. Customers are unlikely to complain too loudly if a mesh house advertised as 100 LI turns out to be only 85 LI, but when a 6 LI sofa turns out to be 7 LI, or 2 LI shrubs end up as 3 LI, they WILL complain about this, and may well flag the listing as "product not as advertised", and when said products get de-listed the merchants are going to scream.

So, people selling smaller non-worn home & garden mesh items, will basically have to rez EVERY SINGLE item, and manually check the new LI, and edit their listings accordingly, to avoid getting their stuff flagged and de-listed.

Then there's the potential that LL having tinkered not just with the download costs, but also physics and server costs, MIGHT have done so in error, and might then "fix" this at some point, causing the merchants to have to re-test and edit the listings for their stuff, ALL OVER AGAIN.

That's assuming their "generous LI reduction" wasn't deliberately designed to claw back everything they "generously gave" us.

Nothing is EVER a "simple fix", when dealing with LL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Have you actually CHECKED that all your items have in fact gone DOWN in LI?

Might .... means it is possilbe but not certain, right?
Nuff said.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Low Li items will show no difference if the download weight goes from 1.4 to 1.1. It is still 1 Li land impact. It is not necessary to change the description in the sales ad.

But I am very sure that a boxwood urn had 1.4 download weight  before this change from LL. I had it sized max up, and had not linked it since it would increase Li in a linkset.

Now it is larger and more impressive, because I can stretch it until download weight is 1.4 again.

In other cases, when an item has just a tiny bit lower download, it is a benefit to link it.

Let us say the download weight is 0.8 before this change from LL.

0.8 + 0.8 = 1.6, the combined download weight is 1.6, and I have gained nothing. 1.6 is rounded up to 2.

What if the 0.8 download weight objects have 0.7 now?

0.7 + 0.7 = 1.4, and two 1 Li items have a combined download weight of 1.4. It is rounded down to 1 Li.

The example here is for mesh objects that has a server value of 0.5 when we look at "More info" in advanced edit. Lots of decorative small items have this value.

Physics cost is a third thing that decide what happens with Li, but I do not go into it now... I don't have time to write so much. I just link to this post in the Linden Homes forum. It is often discussed how to link items so we can get optimal use of 371 Li.

I apologize for eventual mistakes and bad explaining, English isn't my #1 language.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Physics cost is a third thing that decide what happens with Li, but I do not go into it now... I don't have time to write so much. I just link to this post in the Linden Homes forum. It is often discussed how to link items so we can get optimal use of 371 Li.

I apologize for eventual mistakes and bad explaining, English isn't my #1 language.

Yeah. The trick with all these things is you have to 'experiment' while watching that edit window and looking at the download, physics, and other entries. Eventually one of them will start refusing to go down anymore - and you've hit your limit. It used to be the 'download' one was a very regular limiter so this change by the lindens is going to help a LOT of people. But not everyone / everything.

It's a good idea to make everything rezzed on your land have physics of "none" unless it needs to be a 'barrier' stopping movement. Even outside of land impact - the less physics math is around you, the less "laggy" SL will feel. In fact it's a well known griefer trick to make a rezzer that just spams out small objects with comically complex physics somewhere at a distance. Even though you're not near them - SL freaks out trying to math them - and if they're animated it has to re run that math every frame of the animation. Setting them all to physics none and all that "lag" just vanishes.

I haven't tested it because it's been years - but I think the reason some sculpties can lag a place very harshly is most likely physics. Someone with some old laggy sculpties could test them by setting their physics to none and seeing if the "lag" goes away.

The problem with "physics none" is that the root prim can't be 'none' - so at a minimum you need to link all the 'none' items to something somewhere on your land that is 'prim' or 'convex hull' (and I don't know which choice is better).

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 12:22 PM, Marianne Little said:

Great idea!

I will do and check it when I get a moment.   Albeit I don't think I can stomach updating every listing for every item inworld and on marketplace unless it's major!

Edited by Charlotte Bartlett
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I will do and check it when I get a moment.   Albeit I don't think I can stomach updating every listing for every item inworld and on marketplace unless it's major!

I went and checked - it reduced from 490 to 404 LI so that one I should update LOL.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I went and checked - it reduced from 490 to 404 LI so that one I should update LOL.

Was this the Magicae house? It was a bit hard for me to count the Li since it is in more than one part - due to the maximum prims a linkset can have.

But I could see the Li went down, and it was a lot.

Whoa, @Charlotte Bartlett your Zanzibar Hideaway went from 88 Li to 66 Li!

22 Li is not bad.

Another store: Jura Waterfront cottage, from 72 Li to 57 Li.

We can not take for granted a loss in double digits. The Cucumber house from Onsu is 153 Li and lost 0 Li. The Onsu Downtown skybox with enviroment, went from 97 Li to 92 Li. Without enviroment, 93 Li to 92 Li.

It is not possible to set physics to "none" since a building need physics, and set up invisible walls with openings for doors will be a big job and add Li as well. It is many rooms. For the Cucumber house, the server number is 153, same as the Li number, so it's not going to be lower than 153 anyway.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Was this the Magicae house? It was a bit hard for me to count the Li since it is in more than one part - due to the maximum prims a linkset can have.

But I could see the Li went down, and it was a lot.

It was yes - I am itching to rebuild from scratch that house but RL never allows me time!
And nice on Zanzibar that's a nice loss.

I am wondering how the algorithm works to calculate it on large items.  As to my mind, using the information they gave, if the build has custom (proper) LODS, it may make it different in terms of loss.  However, I need to understand it more, as have only skimmed it so far.

• Like 1