About a Bad SLM Review (What's the point of them if...)

About 2 years ago i bought some Gloves (Tattoo) from a shop and they didn't work, They just added text saying "Texture" or something, So i called the shop owner (Cause it came with a Note Card saying to ask for help before leaving a bad Review) After about close to 2 weeks of no reply i left a bad review AND mentioned i'd gotten no reply. Immediately she replies to the Review saying i'd made no effort to contact her and i'm lying. I go to IM her and there is no chat history, I don't know if i got the wrong name or if Re-Installing Firestorm cleared my Log. So i try to message to explain and she's blocked me and i can't buy things from the shop anymore, But i liked that shop. I asked a friend to IM her and She blocked Him too, Also deleted my review. So i regret less my bad review now. It's a long way of asking but my question is whats the point of reviews if you can just delete disagreeable ones? Maybe it's odd for it to still bug me but... I'm still banned so... I just remembered this after all this time when i left a bad review on a semi-expensive dress for Legacy with no Demo that didn't fit even nearly well, But the review is now gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

About 2 years ago i bought some Gloves (Tattoo) from a shop and they didn't work, They just added text saying "Texture" or something, So i called the shop owner (Cause it came with a Note Card saying to ask for help before leaving a bad Review) After about close to 2 weeks of no reply i left a bad review AND mentioned i'd gotten no reply. Immediately she replies to the Review saying i'd made no effort to contact her and i'm lying. I go to IM her and there is no chat history, I don't know if i got the wrong name or if Re-Installing Firestorm cleared my Log. So i try to message to explain and she's blocked me and i can't buy things from the shop anymore, But i liked that shop. I asked a friend to IM her and She blocked Him too, Also deleted my review. So i regret less my bad review now. It's a long way of asking but my question is whats the point of reviews if you can just delete disagreeable ones? Maybe it's odd for it to still bug me but... I'm still banned so... I just remembered this after all this time when i left a bad review on a semi-expensive dress for Legacy with no Demo that didn't fit even nearly well, But the review is now gone

only LL can remove reviews, the seller can only ask to get it removed. If LL agrees that the review is not factual or the buyer didn't read the description where is told what the product is, they remove it.
But if this is about 2 yrs already... move on, don't look back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AmyPinkLegend said:

As a merchant, you can't just delete reviews you don't like. They will only be deleted if they are factually inaccurate, abusive, or are the result of something like delivery failures. Something was wrong with your review for it to be deleted. Bad reviews can harm merchants, so I don't necessarily blame a merchant for banning people who leave unfair reviews.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

only LL can remove reviews, the seller can only ask to get it removed. If LL agrees that the review is not factual or the buyer didn't read the description where is told what the product is, they remove it.
But if this is about 2 yrs already... move on, don't look back.

Not true, a merchant can take down an item and re-upload it to the marketplace and such delete all comments on that item. Experienced it with an LaraX item that I bought from somebody from the marketplace where the hud didn't work, left a moderated negative comment for that item on the marketplace. The owner of the store contacted me, helped me out by finding a fix for that hud. And when I wanted to adapt my review to thank her for the service she provided, my review was gone, because she had took down the item and re-uploaded it with the fix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Not true, a merchant can take down an item and re-upload it to the marketplace and such delete all comments on that item. Experienced it with an LaraX item that I bought from somebody from the marketplace where the hud didn't work, left a moderated negative comment for that item on the marketplace. The owner of the store contacted me, helped me out by finding a fix for that hud. And when I wanted to adapt my review to thank her for the service she provided, my review was gone, because she had took down the item and re-uploaded it with the fix.

This practice is strongly against the rules and reportable:

Market Place : Disallowed Listing Practices Item Was Disabled and Relisted

• Like 6

I had a customer who had purchased many items from me and left several 5 star reviews.

One day they got mad because I didn't reply to a request for help fast enough and review bombed every item they had ever purchased with a 1 star, every one.

All those things they had been happy with for years had nothing to do with the current issue, yet they all got review bombed.

Did I do anything to deserve a flurry of 1 star reviews? No, I was travelling at the time and my profile and store info. both explained I was unavailable and gave my e-mail address for help if someone needed it.

This person never e-mailed me but they trashed the ratings on over a dozen items. Because I didn't reply within a week.

They were able to do this because the review system is a joke. It needs a lot of changes to be at all relevant and until reviews are mandatory all people will leave is either, "I loved it? or, "I hated it." While some do, well thought out and really good reviews, most people don't leave a review, especially on adult items.

On SL someone can have a bad day and go back and review bomb anyone they want for no reason at all, except they were having a bad day.

Changes I think should be made;

If you don't leave a review within 30 days it should no longer be an option.

You shouldn't be able to change a review after 30 days. No other site allows that. Some places don't even allow you to edit a review once left. You can remove it but not change it.

The review process should include things like review bombing, but it doesn't. I'm stuck with dozens of unearned 1 stars.

In short, you can't trust reviews. Or at least they must be taken with a large helping of salt.

As mentioned above though, relisting an item to clear reviews is against the rules and should be reported. We do all need to play on a level field.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/27/2024 at 6:50 AM, Dorientje Woller said:

a merchant can take down an item and re-upload it to the marketplace and such delete all comments on that item.

Disallowed Actions:

• Listings for Real-World Goods or Services
  • Non-Item Listings
  • Item or Keyword Spam (don't get me started on this one!)
  • Disabling and Re-Listing Items
  • References to Other E-Commerce Websites
  • Anti-Competitive or Abusive Behavior

Source: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#listing-guidelines

Ok, "technically not true" like you said. But it's breaking the rules. Why y'all break the rules all the time? ;) 

If there is an actual problem, you tried to contact the creator & the creator doesn't respond or fix the problem within 2 weeks they deserve a negative review. If you're going to sell things, it's your responsibility to provide service for said products. A lot of creators these days just ignore & or ban anyone that says anything they don't like about their product, even if the problem is real. People need to stop acting like creators, even the big ones, have a right to behave any way they want, because if real money is involved they certainly do NOT & there should be repercussions for those that act in such a way. Just making a product & putting it out isn't the end of the process, customer service can make or break a creator & more should learn that lesson. It's not always the customers fault, but a lot of creators act that way. You'd be surprised at how some of your "famous" creators talk about their customers on Facebook with their friends & in creator groups.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, enolablowfies said:

If there is an actual problem, you tried to contact the creator & the creator doesn't respond or fix the problem within 2 weeks they deserve a negative review. If you're going to sell things, it's your responsibility to provide service for said products. A lot of creators these days just ignore & or ban anyone that says anything they don't like about their product, even if the problem is real. People need to stop acting like creators, even the big ones, have a right to behave any way they want, because if real money is involved they certainly do NOT & there should be repercussions for those that act in such a way. Just making a product & putting it out isn't the end of the process, customer service can make or break a creator & more should learn that lesson. It's not always the customers fault, but a lot of creators act that way. You'd be surprised at how some of your "famous" creators talk about their customers on Facebook with their friends & in creator groups.

Agree, is bad in some places.

Many customers trash merchants too.

We all need to treat each other better!

• Like 2