Is PIOF essentially "Age Verification"?

6 hours ago, CornFieldFeels said:

Sl did have verification back then. Other places I had to use my social media but as others had to use cards and Id with it just how it was. But you could buy the age you wanted close to yours or hide it as long as you are an adult. You did have to put what state but could just country or state over. You could be a he or she either way if you wanted. Relationship status was whatever you felt could put others. Here for status put friends or other.  As I have learned best to share very little. I hardly go to that place anymore. A lot of people left because it was  time for a new life, so I came to sl more to do. We need options like we could put others or friends and adults only who contact us. Even under here for like made away status: could also put working , lone wolf time , Creating , blogging , errands. In the loop . in nature , Mole time working , Linden away making sl beautiful , Lunch break , Sorry on phone , Be back later  

Elegance is Quiet.
Stay a Mystery  , it's better.

Elegance is quiet : Person does have to say it or who they are just to show up just to be one. Still keep your pride, speak up with mind when you have to if energy is not right walk gracefully out let them yell at each other put your energy into something else with peace know one needs to stay just not the same vibe. A smile sitting up right  , Slipped or fell just get up dust yourself off and smile and little laugh , Walk around see your surrounding be creative in conversation but keep it light till you grow a connection with others , Talk about other things not just yourself , Talk about gardens things that bring peace , Get up get some tea or some snacks ask if anyone would like some. If you host you must entertain in a gentle way to make sure everyone is feeling at home. Look out for others, open doors for others, just do it with peace and send love. You don't have to live with people but try to love, don't have to be closed or attached but never know what someone is going through so be kind. The world needs more people like that. Don't fall in love til you know its right love takes time, don't get attached till you know its right til both clicks are emotionally invested. Have your props hanky , pen drop it this one way to attract if you want to make conversation its old way of waking it up but gals can do the part as well let it flow allow yourself with imagination create as you go. if you want a graceful elegance kind you have to flirting with everyone be more selective but be more respectful take it slow you can not force love on someone it's done naturally over time get to know someone without asking for relationship : Read them , Look in to their eyes , what do they like to wear , what is their favorite color. If you learn to read someone's mind and soul you have a better chance of keeping someone to understand the pure elegance inside and out. Gotta be more than body if someone just after looks will not last long no soul no love. But you can embrace love together once both grow a bond.

A Mystery : Don't need Validation ,Love yourself, water yourself, your body and mind soul in your home take care of it respect it well. Don't need to please everyone using too much energy, take care of yourself but be kind but use free energy to wish people peace. If you do anything please yourself but embrace with flow anyone who wants to be part of it they should be happy to even be part of it. . Keeping to the imagination only shares little but be a mystery , keep the right kind to be interested people should respect you and your boundaries. If they take it too far, they may come back only to get what they want, never to make you self this value yourself higher and wish them well your not for all only for one that respect your time and peace they show it of earning your heart and respect . Respect you must set valid respect boundaries for self and life growth and healing your temple is sacred. Someone has to respect it to get in. You can not just be given respect for everything but in a nice way or the gate is closed. Don't need to chase , beg or force just be the attraction that lasts longer with respect. Respect you must make in life with good habits with respect getting rid of bad habits to change into better surroundings of growth & attraction that is sublime. Anyone can do better. It's by choice but up to them if they want it, if they grow tired of the wrong company and don't like the life you're living, write a new one . Anger and ugly mind won't do but make peace with yourself and mind cut cords of the past. In the past you only needed to focus on the present life.

In professional field keep it professional  I say know one should have to revival all some people take things to far don't understand.  l but know one  should not points fingers or cry wolf they want to be with a linden or get upset it's childish  party's respect each other. You can't force a connection or someone and linden here to make beautiful and residents need to be fair also each and or. Immaturity should be out of the question, can't act, understand respect then the door should be closed.   Just because in real life like OJ he got framed years later they found the real person that did it so think before you leap. Like the DCMA thing that happened years ago, someone just showed a screenshot of the mapping, not real design over nothing.  We gotta get along and be civil and set some valid good boundaries. Some are going through things, don't judge a book by its cover til you truly get to know them and hear from themself Everyone deserves a second chance. Some need a retreat rehab now one is perfect. If you can't say anything nice don't say it at all.  World needs more love. 

People need more privacy I have worked at a store have avatar for the store have your own other avatar as your autonomous not everyone business. Work place should be about team work listen to each other any work on here let people have space and breaks let people get out in nature.  Sends love and peace.

The lady is aflame... and silent. Perfect ( but speaks up when needed gentle way but won't let someone gas light them ) lad and lass need respect both ways.
The lines are brutally honest- Ironically, many of us still encounter this kind of conversation that reveals abysmal prejudice against women in modern era.

A mind sense of adventure of emotion.
Orlando was a lad then turned in to lass later lived through a many decades never aged.
Orlando - Nature, nature I'm your bride.

I believe this post was written by an AI gone amok.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dorientje Woller said:

And how are you going to top up your prepaid credit card? With carrot slices, through a verified bankaccount or at the bank self where you need to hand over your ID card most (if not always of the times). Well, at least in Belgium it's the rule that bank employees are required to ask for the ID card ... this is to combat money laundry.

In the US, you can also load "cash" at a retailer. From Google:

"You can load cash onto your card at an approved retailer, such as 7-Eleven, CVS Pharmacy, Dollar General, Family Dollar, Kroger, Rite Aid, Safeway, or Walgreens. Your card issuer will provide you with a list of retailers where you can load cash onto. If your card issuers are linked to a traditional bank, you can also load cash onto your card at any of their branches. You can bring your cash and debit or prepaid card to any participating retailer, hand the cashier your cash, and they'll swipe your card. A reload fee may apply, and the cashier will give you a receipt as proof of the reload. 

You can also transfer money from a bank account to a prepaid card by accessing your bank's online platform or mobile app. Navigate to the "Transfers" section, enter the prepaid card details, specify the transfer amount, and review and confirm the transaction. Most transfers are completed within a few hours or up to one business day. "

7 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Wrong. When you buy the card, you have to give NO information. You may choose to give information later online, in which case you can give fictitious information. I have used prepaid debit cards that had no connection to a bank account to pay LL at least twice.

This goes back to an earlier post about committing fraudulent behavior, which is what you are describing. The cards have to function as a checking account or have ACH capabilities to be accepted as payment-they can have these without being tied to your regular bank account or a regular bank. 👈

Edited by Modulated

49 minutes ago, Modulated said:

This goes back to an earlier post about committing fraudulent behavior, which is what you are describing.

Some "pre-loaded" cards as sold in the US (see my post above) are intended to be used "by anyone", essentially as "gift cards". When you buy the card (at basically any US drug store, grocery store, convenience store), you don't have to give any personal information at all; the cashier merely "activates" the card when you purchase it.

Some of those same cards allow you to "re-load" with cash at the same stores.

There is nothing at all fraudulent going on with those types of cards.  That's just how they work.

• Like 3

On 3/24/2024 at 5:42 AM, Theresa Tennyson said:

Reading the forums, it's interesting how Second Life is supposed to be both unusably archaic for the younger set and also flooded with teenagers.

That is SL for you, a mess of contradictions. I doubt it is flooded with teenagers but do know a number of ones who joined when they still were because of the ease of obtaining adult content, no age verification and well to do parents who just handed them their credit cards to buy what they wanted, no questions asked.

On 3/23/2024 at 6:52 AM, Silent Mistwalker said:

Seems no one has bothered to click the links.

12 hours ago, CornFieldFeels said:

Sl did have verification back then. Other places I had to use my social media but as others had to use cards and Id with it just how it was.

I had a few sites ask for social media --- but I moved since I don't do any of those. Twitch and mboards is as close I get to socials.

8 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

And how are you going to top up your prepaid credit card? With carrot slices, through a verified bankaccount or at the bank self where you need to hand over your ID card most (if not always of the times). Well, at least in Belgium it's the rule that bank employees are required to ask for the ID card ... this is to combat money laundry.

One buys new cards when one has used the amount of money.
Prepaid cards are not sold at banks but at convenience counters in stores.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some "pre-loaded" cards as sold in the US (see my post above) are intended to be used "by anyone", essentially as "gift cards". When you buy the card (at basically any US drug store, grocery store, convenience store), you don't have to give any personal information at all; the cashier merely "activates" the card when you purchase it.

Some of those same cards allow you to "re-load" with cash at the same stores.

There is nothing at all fraudulent going on with those types of cards.  That's just how they work.

A re-loadable card is not a gift card. It is a prepaid debit. Gift cards generally cannot be reloaded, priced in different amounts, i.e.10 to 100 dollars or more,  hence the name and do not require information on file-this is likely why LL does not accept them because no info is tied to it and why you can't use them for some transactions. As for the fraudulent behavior..the person I quoted mentioned giving fictitious  information to a card issuer and that is fraud by any definition.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Something some people forget...

Not all countries require people to carry or even HAVE a "government issue photo ID". Mine doesn't.

I don't have an ID card, or a driving licence, as I don't drive, like most people who live in urban areas here, I use public transport, I don't have a passport either, I don't take foreign holidays.

Maybe they could demand a photo of peoples Private Medical Insurance documents. Oh wait... Most people here use the NHS and don't have private medical insurance.

Maybe our gun licence and carry permit? Most folk here don't own ANY guns, let alone have permission to walk around in public with one.

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

Okay, your account will be canceled next Monday.
:D

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

One buys new cards when one has used the amount of money.
Prepaid cards are not sold at banks but at convenience counters in stores.

We are talking about prepaid credit cards ... only to be found in Belgium at banks and the post office. Not about those vouchers that you get anywhere to put some credits on a game account.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Seems no one has bothered to click the links.

No because it is preferable if one was to quote the relevant part on the forum and then supply the link for veracity and background rather then one clicking a link and having to read 3 pages of text trying to find the pertinent part.

That is usually why I don't bother clicking links only.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dorientje Woller said:

We are talking about prepaid credit cards ... only to be found in Belgium at banks and the post office. Not about those vouchers that you get anywhere to put some credits on a game account.

In Canada at least a number of years ago it was possible to buy what looked like a credit card in that it had the Visa symbol on it and it was said to be accepted by Visa merchants. It could not be reloaded once you had used up the prepaid funds. It was hit and miss whether the card would be accepted by Visa merchants but it was supposed to be.

It was shortly thereafter that debit cards issued by banks came out here that had the Visa logo on it and it was much easier to be accepted by various merchants.

2 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/how-do-i-add-money-to-my-prepaid-card-en-449/#:~:text=You can usually add money,account or another prepaid card

image.png.87b06d76a686965dfe43498f381f65ae.png

image.png.5dfadbe5b70dfc99ab0e376d0e1b0462.png

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2024 at 1:15 PM, Katherine Heartsong said:

But how does a child use a parent's card without the parent knowing? That point has always confused me.

Who has enough money they don't care about the charges on a CC bill? I know I don't. I get my CC bill, look over every transaction to make sure XYZ subscription service didn't charge me twice etc etc. If I saw "LindenLabs" or any other charge I didn't recognize, I'd be on the phone with my bank after asking around the folks in my household.

Also, if I'd ever tried a stunt like that and been caught? Trust me, I grew up in an era I'd have only ever done it once. < old

100% agree with you.  It would not of crossed my mind to do anything like that.  I don't even think my parents had cards.  I think it was just chequebooks but I have just grown 3 teenagers into adults and have heard stories of what their friends or friend of friends have got up to.  Put it this way, I would not be comfortable having these people in my house.  

• Like 1

Seriously? People are wondering how the heck a pre-teen or teen can get away with using their parent's credit cards in this day and age?

It's simple: The parents do not ask many questions. In some cases the pre-teen/teen in question will ask if they can use the card for a game subscription/transaction and the parents will allow it without any real questions or research.

They'll see a transaction registered to Tillia and shrug, remembering that they authorized it earlier and not bother to dig into it.

Welcome to the modern age - it has little to do with their personal finances unless said situation involves a fixed and incredibly limited income.

Oh yes and when I was younger? I knew several in my age bracket whose parents were even more laid back! Some of those people later grew up to either be entitled, spoiled arses or they grew out of it and learned from their parent's mistakes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 5:03 AM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Something some people forget...

Not all countries require people to carry or even HAVE a "government issue photo ID". Mine doesn't.

I don't have an ID card, or a driving licence, as I don't drive, like most people who live in urban areas here, I use public transport, I don't have a passport either, I don't take foreign holidays.

Maybe they could demand a photo of peoples Private Medical Insurance documents. Oh wait... Most people here use the NHS and don't have private medical insurance.

Maybe our gun licence and carry permit? Most folk here don't own ANY guns, let alone have permission to walk around in public with one.

If you're a Brit, as I think you you've suggested you are, then there's always the new photo ID to vote in person as a fallback.   

• Like 1

I don't know about that although it does act as a partial filter for age. What it mainly does is insure LL has the identity of said individual. Griefers and trolls almost never have payment info on file. So if you have an issue with that on your parcel/sim, you can turn that on and filter them out pretty effectively.

• Thanks 2