Skin Fair 2024 - what are you excited for?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Not enough non-human/fantasy heads or skins (except BeSpoke, and I've already got the sphynx and steampunk rat) for my taste and I'm so over the scars and bruises trend. Ugh.

The Snow Rabbit head has excellent tinting through the HUD, so you can turn any skin into a fantasy tone and it looks good. It also comes with animated elf ears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

The Snow Rabbit head has excellent tinting through the HUD, so you can turn any skin into a fantasy tone and it looks good. It also comes with animated elf ears.

Oh, I'm definitely not hurting for fantasy skins. I was just hoping for something a bit more than just plain colors, like the weathered metal statue skins I saw that I *might* demo 👀. I've got plenty of colors already, but I'm definitely lacking stone, wood, metal, scale, and patterned skins (especially in Evo X). The metallic skin would be perfect for a future project if I ever get there (it can get in line - I have so many avies I want to make/avies in progress and I'm slacking so hard).

I saw the photo for that Snow Rabbit head, but it looks very young and definitely far too cute for me. I'm kind of enjoying this horror villain arc I've been in. Liches, witches, demons, Eldritch abominations - been gradually working on wholesome stuffs like that. 😂

• Like 1

Okay, now I got exited! I have an older Kintsugi tattoo for SL UV + body, and I have been looking for one for EvoX + body. I am going to demo the one from Anxious Angel.

I am going to demo the Amara Beauty skin too. For some reason, the Seraphim way of listing is easier for me to see, instead of other galleries. Maybe it is because I am so used to Seraphim.

https://www.seraphimsl.com/2024/03/08/jazz-up-your-avatar-at-skin-fair-2024/

• Thanks 3

I demo'd the Genus morph head and I kind of liked some of it but I still wasn't able to achieve my idea perfect look and since I'm on a budget I skipped it.  Especially since I don't know how many skins are going to be available for it.  Alaskametro has a skin for Genus, and it's the one face I really like and want from the new releases so that is kind of frustrating.

6 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I was just hoping for something a bit more than just plain colors, like the weathered metal statue skins I saw that I *might* demo 👀. I've got plenty of colors already, but I'm definitely lacking stone, wood, metal, scale, and patterned skins (especially in Evo X). The metallic skin would be perfect for a future project if I ever get there (it can get in line - I have so many avies I want to make/avies in progress and I'm slacking so hard).

I demo'd the weathered skin it is really cool but it is a universal tattoo (at least the demo was) for the entire look including the eyes so if you want different eyes you'll have to use an applier, mesh eyes, or universal tattoo eyes.  If you turn fingernails off there are nails on the skin. 

I ended up buying 2 skins and that was pretty much it.  I may get the weathered skin , I'm still not sure.  I'm more holding out for Fantasy Faire and seeing what is there, although I haven't been doing too many fantasy looks lately. 

• Like 2

That Genus Morph pack just looks like an expensive attachment-eater with the extra nose, mouth and ears.

Not all my outfits hit the max but many are close.

Above the shoulders attachments already involve head, eyes, face-anim HUD, gobble-HUD, hair, bangs, hair clip, teeth, braces, earrings, ninny ring, nose stud, lip ring and collar (for when neck seems are perfect at the back and sides, but not at the front) doesn't leave much for the rest.

Add your favourite body, including fingernails, toenails, toe rings, belly ring, ninny ring and genitals, not forgetting your full body sperm kit and associated HUDs and you're left looking like a slapper in the nudie while your clothing inventory goes to waste.

Thank goodness for BoM clothing.

Edited by graceblakeley
poor grammer
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MillyWH said:

I demo'd the weathered skin it is really cool but it is a universal tattoo (at least the demo was) for the entire look including the eyes so if you want different eyes you'll have to use an applier, mesh eyes, or universal tattoo eyes.  If you turn fingernails off there are nails on the skin. 

I just tried it out. It's very well-textured and looks reallllyyyy nice, but I don't quite need it at this point in time. I'm not too bothered about the eyes as I usually wear mesh anyway. The fingernails are a bit unfortunate as they do peek around my worn mesh ones, but it's not too big of a deal overall.

It's a great skin, but I'll sit this one out. I typically look forward to Abnormality and on occasion, Engine Room and We Love Roleplay for fantasy events. Fantasy Faire is always so huge and overwhelming, I almost never attempt to shop it and typically just wait until things make it back to the main store to browse. The ideal for me is just random in-store sales. That's where I grab most of my finds (that, and weekend sales).

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It's a great skin, but I'll sit this one out. I typically look forward to Abnormality and on occasion, Engine Room and We Love Roleplay for fantasy events. Fantasy Faire is always so huge and overwhelming, I almost never attempt to shop it and typically just wait until things make it back to the main store to browse. The ideal for me is just random in-store sales. That's where I grab most of my finds (that, and weekend sales).

Fantasy Faire can be overwhelming and some builds more than others. I have a system now where I go and look at the galleries of things I like and hit those and then kind of look around to neighboring stores and then later pop in and look around sims for a little bit.  I think the FF galleries usually have direct SLURLs to the stores which is really helpful.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, MillyWH said:

Fantasy Faire can be overwhelming and some builds more than others. I have a system now where I go and look at the galleries of things I like and hit those and then kind of look around to neighboring stores and then later pop in and look around sims for a little bit.  I think the FF galleries usually have direct SLURLs to the stores which is really helpful.

I do love direct SLURLs, that's for sure!

I'm at the point now, though, where even huge galleries are overwhelming. My imagination works too fast for my own good - ooo I could do THIS with THAT, omg and then I could do THAT with THIS. OOOO I want one of those so I can make a this thing over here. 😂

My "avatars to make" list was growing daily and I eventually had to force myself to stop looking at sales altogether for a bit and commit to the stuff I was already working on. There are still things that I found during the last Fantasy Faire that I want to grab. I'm not ready for the next one yet!

• Like 1

On 3/7/2024 at 7:26 PM, Dorientje Woller said:

With the result that the new Barbara head at the Akeruka store is priced at 975 Lindens.

Not any more; it's now 50% off the full price like the others. SWMBO just went to get it for her alt. She still bought it... it's only my money after all! She had already bought it for her main avi at the 975 but procrastinated before deciding her alt could have it too.

Must have been a pricing mistake. I thought it was a bit too good to be true as I was telling her.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Not any more; it's now 50% off the full price like the others. SWMBO just went to get it for her alt. She still bought it... it's only my money after all! She had already bought it for her main avi at the 975 but procrastinated before deciding her alt could have it too.

Must have been a pricing mistake. I thought it was a bit too good to be true as I was telling her.

Yeah, saw in the Akeruka VIP chat that KAOZ, the creator, has corrected the prices of the vendors. Some weren't even set with the 50% reduction.

• Like 2

This time I am done for the year for sure at the Skin Fair.

I started out just seeing one skin I liked and wanted to demo..

I ended up getting,

the Genus morph fatpack and a fatpack of skin for it.

The New Billie 4.0 Lelutka head.

The Snow Rabbit head, the fatpack of eyes and will probably grab one of the darker tone skins they have..

So ya, I'm done for the season.. hehehe

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Kylerky said:

The two male skin designers I buy from the most don't seem to even be in skin fair this year. That's quite disappointing.  I probably won't go.

You don't really have to go and can still access the demos.. They put the Demo's in the group notices in the Juniper Events group each fair. So if there was something that caught your eye, you could just grab the demo from there. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You don't really have to go and can still access the demos.. They put the Demo's in the group notices in the Juniper Events group each fair. So if there was something that caught your eye, you could just grab the demo from there. :)

Not all submit demos there. I just checked for a skin I wanted to look up. But it might help some, if they are lucky.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

LMAO. Who do I go to complain about disabling fly and tp routing in the sim?

They had it early on, but must have shut it down or something.. Although I did see one user floating in front of the Snow rabbit head last night.. I mean close enough to kiss it to where you couldn't get a good look at the product.. then went to the eyes and then to the skin..

It just felt like they were trollin.. That or just that inconsiderate to the others around them..

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 5:19 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

They had it early on, but must have shut it down or something.. Although I did see one user floating in front of the Snow rabbit head last night.. I mean close enough to kiss it to where you couldn't get a good look at the product.. then went to the eyes and then to the skin..

It just felt like they were trollin.. That or just that inconsiderate to the others around them..

Turns out that I could cross over to the next parcel before flight is enabled.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 8:27 AM, graceblakeley said:

That Genus Morph pack just looks like an expensive attachment-eater with the extra nose, mouth and ears.

Are they at least modifiable? If so, one could link all the parts together and would need only one attachment point.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Turns out that I could cross over to the next parcel before flight is enabled.

I think if you teleport while already flying, that you will still have flying even if it's turned off..

I'm not positive, but I sort of remember something about that..

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.