Is anyone planning or going to events in Second Life for the Martin Luther King, Jr. US Holiday on Monday 1/15?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Depends. If there's free beer, turkey necks, and some good loud gas in the air, then maybe. A party is a party.

I certainly wouldn't avoid it, especially based on anything "ethnic", because that's not what the man was about at all.

Besides, people are nice at parties.

• Like 3

This is the first year that my company has given us this holiday -- so I haven't had the day off since I stopped working for the government many years ago.

I have no plans other than simply enjoying the day off work.  I've never really celebrated any of the holidays outside of the 6 major ones (New Year's, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas) and I only minimally celebrate those anymore.

• Like 2

• Love Zhaoying changed the title to Is anyone planning or going to events in Second Life for the Martin Luther King, Jr. US Holiday on Monday 1/15?
14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Arrgh! I meant to include "IN SECOND LIFE" in both the title and the thread OP! 🙂

I usually don't log in during the week.. If I can get on I might stop  in, Mondays are really hard to get on though..

I know they are doing something in the town square in town that involves  someone giving his speech, then they march to the church where they spend the rest of the day with different events there..

I wish work would give us the day off.. I'd love to do that as well..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Arrgh! I meant to include "IN SECOND LIFE" in both the title and the thread OP! 🙂

I was totally talking about in SL. Not my fault I'm the same way about parties and food and stuff both inworld and out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The only thing I've ever celebrated in SL is watching fireworks on Independence Day and sometimes giving out Christmas cards and/or gifts.  

I don't do any sort of inworld political or cultural events, whether they are centered around a holiday or not. 

• Like 3

In RL we have local parades, celebrations, benefits, work has some events that week, and a special service at church.

The origin of my OP in part was, "any excuse for a party in SL" is the normal rule. Plus, many people in the US will have the day off.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I'll be at work, same as every other weekday in the year. 

I'll try to save you some of the free beer, I got a big ziplock bag under my shirt.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I'll try to save you some of the free beer, I got a big ziplock bag under my shirt.

I used to have a friend and for the longest time I thought she had really lopsided boobs. Then one day she stuck a straw down there and I figured it out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

I used to have a friend and for the longest time I thought she had really lopsided boobs. Then one day she stuck a straw down there and I figured it out. 

They don't give us pants pockets, so we have to keep things somewhere!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

In one of the versions of "Thoroughly Modern Millie", there was a scene where the actress looked at someone else's boobs, then looked down at her own. Everytime she looked down at her own, her necklace was to one side or the other. (This was supposed to signify she thought that she had "uneven boobs", I think.) It could have been the version with Julie Andrews.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This was supposed to signify she thought that she had "uneven boobs", I think

No, it was supposed to signify that she HAD boobs, and couldn't match the the fashionable 1922 "official Flapper look (tm)" where the beads hang straight without being diverted by the existence of any kind of cleavage.

b8a4a0dff2054d0412d3cce15a3f4287.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

One of my alts wants to do something today, so I'll let her. Just need to take my aunt home to her apartment first after dialysis and then she can go in world. 

(I'm thinking of giving myself a break for a while, and letting the alts run the asylum for me here lol...)

Edited by JeromFranzic
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2024 at 3:17 AM, Paul Hexem said:

I'll be at work, same as every other weekday in the year. 

I'll enjoy my freedom to do whatever comes to my mind, just like almost all the other 365 days a year.
(It is fun being a pensionado)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 112 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.