Deformer for larax

Yesenia Zero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why not using the Lara body for a better fit and the LaraX one for the new clothing that you purchase over time?
I mean it was a perfectly good body for years. It is not as if the traditional Lara body is a bag of trash all of a sudden.
Or is that too simple thought by me?

Edited by Sid Nagy
Spelling, spelling, spelling..... it must be an English text.
  • Like 12

There is nothing specific for that purpose yet, no. Would take a bunch of testing and I'm not sure the results would be great.

The way to make Lara 5.3 clothes 'fit' LaraX is using the alpha cuts, there will always be some of the body that clips through without them since the way deformers work makes clothes deform as well.

Not sure it's worth the hassle to be honest, just use 5.3 for 'classic' Lara clothes and Lara X for Lara X clothes :)

Edited by AmeliaJ08
  • Like 4

I see I did not know you could use legacy clothing with the body thats nice to know as for warm looks cool but never thought if was worth buying it. wells as switching back and forth with the bodies, I just wanted to know if there other things to be done especially for days i am more lazy 

1 hour ago, Yesenia Zero said:

I see I did not know you could use legacy clothing with the body thats nice to know as for warm looks cool but never thought if was worth buying it. wells as switching back and forth with the bodies, I just wanted to know if there other things to be done especially for days i am more lazy 

Do you use the outfits system? I know some people don't and it probably makes body swapping a lot more annoying

I'm still using this one with my LaraX.. I use it on all my bodies.. It's pretty cut and dry to use and set up your presets..

A lot may not care for it but it works fine for me.. It gives you the option for presets..

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Raven-Deformer-Suite/23844317

I have the Warm also which I am going to mess with more.. But the raven is pretty quick and easy to get going and does some nice tweaks to the body.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

On 11/25/2023 at 5:13 AM, Sid Nagy said:

Why not using the Lara body for a better fit and the LaraX one for the new clothing that you purchase over time?
I mean it was a perfectly good body for years. It is not as if the traditional Lara body is a bag of trash all of a sudden.
Or is that too simple thought by me?

Yeah... you are being too simple. But I was thinking the same thing.

I think this is a thing like a politician speaking... an exercise in seeing how many words you can put together and still not say anything.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Here's the deal:  Larax is a new body just like Belleza, Ebody, or one of the others out there on the market. It just happens to be made by Maitreya.  It is not Lara.  So Sid is right.  Just going to have to be patient and wait until more clothes is rigged for LaraX.  Meanwhile Lara 5.3 is fine.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2024 at 4:12 AM, vacotton said:

Here's the deal:  Larax is a new body just like Belleza, Ebody, or one of the others out there on the market. It just happens to be made by Maitreya.  It is not Lara.  So Sid is right.  Just going to have to be patient and wait until more clothes is rigged for LaraX.  Meanwhile Lara 5.3 is fine.

The only time I really worry about 5.3 is when I play around my favorite suit. I'm OK at editing some of the sharp gaps in the shoulder/arm areas that come up, usually when the arms are bent high in my back and I take a few photos.

If I switch to LaraX for the really fun parts, little to no body editing is required on my end. :) (Skin blotches, maybe, depends...)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 185 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.