Spamming

Danielle Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

16 answers to this question

19 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The person who sent it has had their account disabled.  Never saw that before...

Screenshot_20231028-161227.thumb.png.d50005bf2aa04fea31d9593a538399f1.png

I also received spammy offlines the other night from this same person. When I looked them up this morning, no account found. Several months ago I was spammed by an object that referred to that website. Tracked them down and there were about 8 boxes rezzed at a free sandbox. I notified the owner of the sandbox and also reported them to LL. Wondering if other than blocking the avatars sending this stuff, what else can be done?

Spam.jpg

• Like 2

I found the inworld dugout where Avatarlife is operating from. Three avatars are associated with this and I suspect one of them is the main avatar of the throwaway spam bot that got banned. But I can't blurt out their names because forum rules.

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

seems everybody in the sim I'm sitting in got it too.  

I actually got the message when I was offline, and hadn't been on in a couple of hours, though I was out and about on the routes driving earlier. Ironically, an associate IM'ed me about a half week ago, asking if I had ever heard anything about the whole deal, nearly quoting the exact same message. Told them what I had read about and needless to say they weren't too thrilled about the info, because they said it seemed like a "great deal" and a lot of "fun" from what they had seen thus far... As far as I know they got away from it...at least one hopes. 

In any case, I went ahead and filed an AR as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there are more companies/sellers that think its ok to start sending IM's or let objects do it.

a dance creator decided after several years of sleeping to start putting the names of former customers on a list some time ago, and today also a ancient breedable one decided to start doing that 
"you can block" if you don't want it .. f****off .. ASK first if i want it after around 10 years of sleeping.
You will get blocked, but first reported.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

there are more companies/sellers that think its ok to start sending IM's or let objects do it.

a dance creator decided after several years of sleeping to start putting the names of former customers on a list some time ago, and today also a ancient breedable one decided to start doing that 
"you can block" if you don't want it .. f****off .. ASK first if i want it after around 10 years of sleeping.
You will get blocked, but first reported.

I've still got one I've not been able to block,  I block the object and the creator and I still get spammed.   super annoying. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I have had recently the same IMs to each of my avatars, even I don't log in SL since more than six months. I suspected could be spam so I didn't tried the link directly but from the navegator. But I didn't try to register or search more deeply like or than Tom Cloud. Does somebody did to checkout if it's more than spam, maybe phising strategy? By the way, in my IMS, the name of the owner change name. I got Athena Shuffle and ruben Sternad. If I follow the ideas of Alwin, I hope it is just a programming mistake from the object creators instead an intentional way of spam for scam, phishing, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 68 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.