Ideas for a "More Realistic Experience" in Second Life

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There are many different kinds of fey. They aren't all beautiful. Our idea of tall, slender, beautiful elves comes mostly from Tolkien, who probably got this view from Norse mythology. "The Fair Folk" in English language folklore refers to a wide variety of fey though. Calling them "fair" is more likely an attempt to appease them in the hope that they won't cause mischief.

https://tropedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_Fair_Folk#:~:text=The Fair Folk almost always,and swap people for changelings.

I have relatives in rural Ireland who think astrology, ghosts and psychic powers are complete rubbish - but they will not interfere with a fairy tree at all :| Gnomes are the ones I can't stand, they can move through floors and are impossible to catch 🤬 You are supposed to offer them gifts to get your stuff back, but they're just thieves basically 😤 But you can beat them by saying "St Anthony, St Anthony, please come around, something is lost and can't be found", and you'll find your item within a couple of minutes - this ALWAYS happens! I'm a bit off-topic and I can imagine someone now shouting "It's not real!!😱"...but it is! 

6 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

rain and snow storms

I think these would be genuinely brilliant on SL 💯

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Many thanks! I do recall seeing avatars a few years ago that only had (???)(???) above their heads. This kind of explains that now. 

How sweet of Patch to place memorials to them.

temp laugh memorial.jpg

Had a dig in my archives, found this screenshot from 2017.

temp laugh new type of ghost 2017.jpg

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I have relatives in rural Ireland who think astrology, ghosts and psychic powers are complete rubbish - but they will not interfere with a fairy tree at all :| Gnomes are the ones I can't stand, they can move through floors and are impossible to catch 🤬 You are supposed to offer them gifts to get your stuff back, but they're just thieves basically 😤 But you can beat them by saying "St Anthony, St Anthony, please come around, something is lost and can't be found", and you'll find your item within a couple of minutes - this ALWAYS happens! I'm a bit off-topic and I can imagine someone now shouting "It's not real!!😱"...but it is! 

I think these would be genuinely brilliant on SL 💯

Having been brought up Catholic, I also learned that calling on St. Anthony helps when something is lost, though I never tried that when I thought faeries had hidden something. I do think that type of faerie may be a kind of nature spirit that likes to mess with people and has to be appeased when things go missing. My personal experience was that threatening to put fairy heads on little pikes resulted in more things disappearing. 😆 After I put out a fairy figurine, they seemed to calm down though. 🧚‍♀️ 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

How bout stink vapors coming off an avi that has not changed clothes in like 24 hours?

they can get worse as time goes on until they are just a noxious cloud after a month or so

Does changing colors with a HUD count as changing clothes?
Than I don't mind the extra hassle,

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

- Everybody has to work 8 ours a day for at least 5 days a week or the avatar gets extremely thin, weak. feeble, sick and dies within a few weeks. 20 days vacation a year.

- People without work will have to go up to 4 times a day to the Linden Works Unemployment Department and report for duty to prevent getting sick and die within weeks.  The Moles who work there provide simple but useful jobs like mowing lawns in Belli, repaint the Stilt homes, dance at the Motown sim if there is no event, rake leaves in the woods of the log home theme. Not payed, but it keeps you alive.

- SL tv stations.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

- Everybody has to work 8 ours a day for at least 5 days a week or the avatar gets extremely thin, weak. feeble, sick and dies within a few weeks. 20 days vacation a year.

- People without work will have to go up to 4 times a day to the Linden Works Unemployment Department and report for duty to prevent getting sick and die within weeks.  The Moles who work there provide simple but useful jobs like mowing lawns in Belli, repaint the Stilt homes, dance at the Motown sim if there is no event, rake leaves in the woods of the log home theme. Not payed, but it keeps you alive.

- SL tv stations.

What about SL Healthcare? Obvsy, mental health would be a priority.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sorciaa said:

How bout stink vapors coming off an avi that has not changed clothes in like 24 hours?

You'd not be surprised this is a thing and people have this. As a fetish thing, because of course it's a fetish.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:
3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

As far a health care goes, not the American way please.

... or the British way. Our dental health isn't getting any better, and the NHS is going to the dogs.

I wonder, without health care, will our avatars just drop dead, slowly rot, or exhibit all manner of symptoms that forces us to seek out RolePlay health care.

Maybe a tax? Or else our avatar dies, then have to make a new one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I wonder, without health care, will our avatars just drop dead, slowly rot, or exhibit all manner of symptoms that forces us to seek out RolePlay health care.

Maybe a tax? Or else our avatar dies, then have to make a new one. 

Funeral homes with services for dead avatars. Memorial services for those that are missing and presumed dead. Convalescent homes for those who go AFK for hours, because they're clearly not all there.

• Like 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Funeral homes with services for dead avatars. Memorial services for those that are missing and presumed dead. Convalescent homes for those who go AFK for hours, because they're clearly not all there.

Cremation, so you don't have to reserve a parcel to store avatar remains, or carry their corpses in your inventory.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.