Jewish Faith Creators in SL

FelicityPage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Getting them together for a barbecue would be a headache.  While one group can eat pork, two of the three group can't. One group can't eat cheeseburgers and shrimp, one group can't have booze.

Solution: meat substitute, vegan cheese, tofu-based "shrimp", and non-alcoholic beer. All these things exist! (The vegan cheese and vegetarian "shrimp" are particularly good.)

I suspect, due to persecution, most Creators of Faith will be suspicious of networking in Second Life if it is "sales" focused. Money debases religion terribly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting that there's only 3 tops in the MP with the famous "COEXIST" religious symbols.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=Coexist+top

Not really, the irreligious just don't care, and the religious tend to hate that sort of wishy washy tolerance.. ;)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FelicityPage said:

I don't get into that political mess LOL. Not my circus. It means something totally different to me. 

No. I just told you what that particular catch phrase means. If you wear an item of clothes with that on it, you're dog whistling to that crowd that you are one of them, condone their viewpoints, and align with those actions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As the General Discussion forum is general in content and type of reply you may find posting to an alternative forum will target your audience better.

For example the merchants forum might be a great place to meet those creators or resellers that you want to reach out to.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/311-merchants/

• Like 4

I just read this topic after your posting asking about Christian creators but now I'm a bit confused, and since I'm in a bit of a hurry in RL I'm not going to get through all the postings in this topic.  I 'liked' the topic since I thought you were looking for Jewish or Jewish/Messianic items that Christians can relate to but if you're broadening it further I can't say I understand completely.  Let me get RL done today then I'll come back but please don't argue. :/ 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

Any creations. I also am looking for Christian Faith Creators in SL (separate post). Muslim? Maybe. Others, no.. because looking for faiths in common that produce SL creations. 

Why is Abrahamic Faith involved? Because it's niche. :)

Pretty big niche...

And I'm sure that this has nothing to do with the fact that a creator put together a Hindu festival that showed up as a featured destination recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@FelicityPage, did you try searching 'in-world" (from within Second Life) for Groups related to Judaism?

I would try that, and if you find anything at all, depending on your search results, modify the search to include different terms.

Example: First search "Jewish" and/or "Judaism"

Then, add a word "Merchants" and/or "Creators" to your search, etc.

This way, you will start with "people" not "products".

This approach would work the same for your thread on "Christian Faith Creators".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, FelicityPage said:

Why is Abrahamic Faith involved? Because it's niche. :)

The last thing in the world I would call the Abrahamic mythology is "Niche".

There's plenty of church groups and religious groups in SL, maybe try searching for and speaking to some of those?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

As the General Discussion forum is general in content and type of reply you may find posting to an alternative forum will target your audience better.

For example the merchants forum might be a great place to meet those creators or resellers that you want to reach out to.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/311-merchants/

Yes, I should have put it there but was not thinking of that forum at the time. Maybe the mods can move my threads? @Quartz Mole

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.