How would you feel if Second Life had a like/dislike rating for residents?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Careful, found out that one is reportable / deletable yesterday! 

"Sorry Mods, my typing fingers have Tourette's.."

Why does the Lab provide that emoji if we are not allowed to use it?
They are in control of the software, not us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

No, the "middle finger" emoji is part of the universal "Emojis", like a "font".

LL does not "provide" it.  However, if the Forum software was sufficiently modified or capable, then they could "scrub" any posts containing objectional emojis.  Just like obfuscating known swear words, but specific Unicode characters.

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

No, the "middle finger" emoji is part of the universal "Emojis", like a "font".

LL does not "provide" it.  However, if the Forum software was sufficiently modified or capable, then they could "scrub" any posts containing objectional emojis.  Just like obfuscating known swear words, but specific Unicode characters.

https://unicode.org/emoji/charts/full-emoji-list.html

The Lab can disable the use of emoji if they are not comfy with them.
If one gives a kid a ball, one has to expect that it will play with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, animats said:

You can rate forum posts and marketplace items now. We have parcel traffic counts. None of which are all that useful. The most useful review-like feature is 1-star reviews of Marketplace items, to report that some item is an empty box, not what is advertised, or really terrible. That's also true for Yelp and Amazon; the 1-star reviews are the only ones worth reading.

Stick with rating things, not residents. Less drama.

In the example of Yelp aren't they famous for allowing businesses to delete poor reviews for a fee?

I say you can't trust any review online, I wanted to add "these days" to that but to be honest it has probably always been the casr.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The Lab can disable the use of emoji if they are not comfy with them.
If one gives a kid a ball, one has to expect that it will play with it.

That's what I meant - the Lab CAN do that. Instead of deleting individual posts (which have to get reported for Mods to even know people gave "the finger" Emoji).

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

That's what I meant - the Lab CAN do that. Instead of deleting individual posts (which have to get reported for Mods to even know people gave "the finger" Emoji).

Context. It's not IF you use it, but HOW. Seems to me you are begging for trouble if you direct the emoji to a person or people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That says more about you then any of us. 😄

Yeah, but typing 'Hello World !' in any try-out for some IDE gets so tedious in the long run ... 🙄

Back to topic ... How would you rate it ? And should this be implemented in the viewer ?

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted McGregor said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Context. It's not IF you use it, but HOW. Seems to me you are begging for trouble if you direct the emoji to a person or people.

Well, according to the movie version of "The Beverly Hillbillies", it's just the "California Howdy".  (Not including a video of that on purpose.)

But more seriously, I thought the users who posted it prior were doing so "in good humor" - not being "literal".

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There was a reason LL yanked the old system. Please, let's not go through it all over again. It is enough I already know I'm one of the most hated people in SL/on the forum just for being who I am and not who they want me to be.

I don't like you, but I don't hate you.

I save my hate for child murderers, and while I don't know you that well, I assume you are not one of those.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ted McGregor said:

Let's put it to a real test.

Sometimes, like right now, I only have this to say to the whole world, including all of you : .

The inclusion of everyone is intentional, so it's reportable for anyone.

I had three pages worth of this thread to catch up with, and I took this as a joke, like when my brother says "The whole world can go and f*ck itself, apart from one, and he can b*ll*cks"! I generally know he's had a bad day, but it still makes us both laugh when he says it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I had three pages worth of this thread to catch up with, and I took this as a joke, like when my brother says "The whole world can go and f*ck itself, apart from one, and he can b*ll*cks"! I generally know he's had a bad day, but it still makes us both laugh when he says it.

We don't even know where that fingerpaw's BEEN, if it's CLEAN, or the claw is trimmed!

But since Ted is a kitty, I assume that fingerpaw has been in a litter box.

EWWW.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

🖕

Hey! I discovered a new forum emoji!

If someone reports your post and it doesn't get removed. I am going to be pissed. If they don't allow it for one person, they bloody well better apply it to everyone. 

Are you going to report her???   Oh be nice, she's usually so good we shouldn't report her. Let's let her be bad...shake off that Canadian niceness thing...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

It's part of the software and likely can't be removed without removing all of the emojis. That should make someone happy.

I found out last year that if you use that particular one, you'll not only get your face slapped you'll also become a pariah like me. You are not allowed to stand up for yourself or defend yourself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 280 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.