Official or Firestorm?

Bazzilla

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

What he laughably refers to as "tea cakes" are in fact what Northerners call "Barm Cakes" and Southerners call "Baps".

As you know, I'm never wrong, so I don't mind educating you on this. Tea cakes are called barm cakes in South Yorkshire, but not here in West Yorkshire. So you're wrong about them being called 'tea cakes' by northerners. Some northerners, yes, but that's not what you said. I hope that helps :D 

But I'll pass on what you say to Yorkshire Teacakes - a company that bakes them. I'm sure they'll be delighted that you put them straight lol.

"Baps" here means something quite different lol.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

As you know, I'm never wrong, so I don't mind educating you on this. Tea cakes are called barm cakes in South Yorkshire, but not here in West Yorkshire. So you're wrong about them being called 'tea cakes' by northerners. Some northerners, yes, but that's not what you said. I hope that helps :D 

I think you've gone barmy!

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

But I'll pass on what you say to Yorkshire Teacakes - a company that bakes them. I'm sure they'll be delighted that you put them straight lol.

"Baps" here means something quite different lol.

Barm cakes possibly in Barnsley, but in other parts of South Yorkshire they're or even breadcakes.

Just googling Yorkshire teacakes brings up loads of recipes for them ... and they all contain currants 😁

Baps do indeed mean something quite different. LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Things Change...

I usually use Firestorm. I have the Linden viewer installed for troubleshooting and for checking out the latest features. And I generally have one of the Linden RC viewers installed. I also have Black Dragon installed for when I want to do some serious photography in SL.

At one time I had every viewer made installed. I did performance tests tracked crash rates and wrote reviews and how-tos for my blog. I learned that the performance leader often changes with each new release. Also, that performance is a combination of which viewer, which settings, and which computer one is using. The region one is in may throw everything off. A change in Draw Distance can change all the performance stats.

I consistently found Cool VL Viewer faster on old hardware. I don't compete in combat games like I once did. If I were to get into that again, Cool would be my likely choice. But I would be testing viewers to make sure it was still the best choice.

We don't hear much about crash rates or performance these days. Not sure where all the techies have gone.

Once upon a time.... combat games were a BIG part of SL. There were many different types. So weapons makers were big and many players were interested in performance. We don't see that now. More people seem to be interested in viewer features. That may explain the lack of tech articles appearing about SL.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Ohhhhh...

A West Yorkie... And I'm not talking about those yappy annoying micro-dogs.

Lancashire and Cheshire call them Barm cakes, as do East Yorkies, apparently, so you are outvoted. :D

Nope. We don't get to vote on it. It is what it is, and it can't be changed just because you were wrong ;)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Barm cakes possibly in Barnsley, but in other parts of South Yorkshire they're or even breadcakes.

Just googling Yorkshire teacakes brings up loads of recipes for them ... and they all contain currants 😁

Baps do indeed mean something quite different. LOL! 

I always think of teacakes as toasted teacakes, being a bit like hot cross buns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Ohhhhh...

A West Yorkie... And I'm not talking about those yappy annoying micro-dogs.

Lancashire and Cheshire call them Barm cakes, as do East Yorkies, apparently, so you are outvoted. :D

I can confirm that we do call them barm cakes in Lancashire.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Nope. We don't get to vote on it. It is what it is, and it can't be changed just because you were wrong ;)

Wrong...

You FRAUDULENTLY claimed that in the UK, soft bread rolls are called Tea Cakes, and in fact in most of the UK, they are NOT.

You were wrong.

You then claimed that what the rest of the UK does simply doesn't count because in the Peoples Republic of Pedantic Pedantic West Yorkshire, some company the rest of the UK has NEVER heard of sells soft bread rolls, under the wrong name, to West Yorkies.

You were wrong again.

And don't start with the usual "Constantly repeat the obvious wrongness in a smug way, until everyone else gets bored with correcting you, then claim victory on the 'last post before thread lock' basis" thing.

We've seen it all before.

Remember a thread where you claimed that there had never been more than a couple of dozen vamps in SL, on a couple of regions, and then somebody pointed out that there was some Vamp UN thing with about 20 clans each with it's own region and several dozen members?

You tried to deny UTTER WRONGNESS by claiming that since none of those vamps had shopped in your prim furniture store a dozen years before, they simply didn't exist.

You always do the same "failed weasel wriggle out of wrongness" dance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Are you a Virgo, Phil? Only Virgos can never be wrong.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Are you a Virgo, Phil? Only Virgos can never be wrong.

We established long ago, after a lengthy debate, that Phil is from ArgueShire. And Phil laughed. Inula explained his behavior is common in whatever Shire it is he resides in.

Edited by Luna Bliss

On 9/4/2023 at 7:06 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

I suggest you not eat them undressed, as you may suffer burns to your skin.

I was only joking when I said the stove was a good place to sit while cooking.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/5/2023 at 6:17 AM, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Hmmm... "Professionals" can't increase the vram cap without the viewer exploding, "hobbyists" cracked the problem years ago, and 70% of us can now walk around WITHOUT constant texture thrashing.

Official Fail-Viewer is Official Fail.

Is there somewhere with hack instructions to increase the vram cap?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Wrong...

You FRAUDULENTLY claimed that in the UK, soft bread rolls are called Tea Cakes, and in fact in most of the UK, they are NOT.

Wrong. If you care to check, I didn't say that at all. Not even close.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:59 AM, Phil Deakins said:

Chip butties are popular here in the UK. You can get them in any fish and chip shop, but not between slices of bread. Tea cakes are used (there are different words here for tea cakes so maybe not even all Brits will know the term).

Ever heard of SpecSavers? :D

Not making stuff up can be your friend ;)

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Remember a thread where you claimed that there had never been more than a couple of dozen vamps in SL, on a couple of regions, and then somebody pointed out that there was some Vamp UN thing with about 20 clans each with it's own region and several dozen members?

You tried to deny UTTER WRONGNESS by claiming that since none of those vamps had shopped in your prim furniture store a dozen years before, they simply didn't exist.

You always do the same "failed weasel wriggle out of wrongness" dance.

<sigh> Total fiction. I've never even thought, let alone stated, anything remotely similar to any of that. If you think I did, please find it and quote it. If I'd said, "since none of those vamps had shopped in your prim furniture store a dozen years before, they simply didn't exist", it can't have been posted too long ago and you should be able to find it easily enough.

You really should stop making stuff up. Have I offended you in some way?

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

This thread went completely off topic long ago, and now it's turned into sniping at individual posters, I'm locking it.

Please feel free to discuss differences between viewers in a new thread in this forum or in the SL Viewer subforum, but let's try to keep the next one on topic, enjoyable though the food fight has been.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.