Anyone still selling and making "big hair" for women?

Jennifer Roundfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That first pic is really pretty but I don't think I have seen anything quite like that in SL.  However, I did see some big hair at the hair show but since it is not my thing, I am sorry I don't remember the names of the creators.  I am pretty sure they were smaller brands though, not your usual big name stuff.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

3 hours ago, Jennifer Roundfield said:

So, sue me....I am stuck in the '80's...and I'd love to find big hair in SL made with modern techniques. Some people have called it "hair model" hair or (shudders) "Texas hair"; all I know is I love big hair. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

~~Jenni~~

ain_t_i_just_so_adorable_by_alexisbrn_dg2u4lo.jpg

Nylon Outfitters has some, it is more of a sculpted mesh style, but there is definitely some big hair there

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nylonpinkney/

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone who's responded! You've mentioned a couple of designers I know of (Analog Dog made the first hair way back in the day that I noticed and asked about!; Damselfly, oh my, yes! ....And Nylon Pinkney, made maybe the first actual hair I bought!)

I'll look at the other shops mentioned and see what I see!

THANKS!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nuuna Nitely said:

Sadly, no current hair makers make big hairs. If you don't mind older hairs, check out old LeLutka hairs on MP:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/65095 Some of them still look decent. 

Thanks! I know it's a certain niche for hair design, but you are right. No one is making big hair anymore and I think it's a bit sad. I took a look at LeLutka and grabbed a couple of Demos. In the process,  I was also reminded by MP that I had taken a demo 9 years ago for one of the styles.....I'll see if I like it any more this time around.

42 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

The new S-Club Katy hair

This is very cute, but I hope you don't mind spending loads to get it!  Only two choices the lesser one being over 600 L.  The higher one almost 1K L.  I love nice hair it is one of my passions but even I will pass on those prices!  

On 7/19/2023 at 5:31 PM, Tazzie Tuque said:

This is very cute, but I hope you don't mind spending loads to get it!  Only two choices the lesser one being over 600 L.  The higher one almost 1K L.  I love nice hair it is one of my passions but even I will pass on those prices!  

Yes, lovely hair! I am still a bit downmarket in my willingness to pay that many lindens...but once I get the demo, who can say. Thanks!

I love hair and already have far too many, but I get tired of the 'just left the salon' look.

I'm always on the lookout for more of the 'just got up after some rigorous slesh' look would be nice for a change.

Although sometimes lovely, Doux (dux, doox, dew) can go dew themselves as no hair is worth the money they charge, although I dew have a couple of their freebies from events or something. They are a brand I ignore dew to them pricing themselves too high in the belief that they are superior to all others. They can go dew themselves.

15 hours ago, CandyCole said:

I love hair and already have far too many, but I get tired of the 'just left the salon' look.

I'm always on the lookout for more of the 'just got up after some rigorous slesh' look would be nice for a change.

Although sometimes lovely, Doux (dux, doox, dew) can go dew themselves as no hair is worth the money they charge, although I dew have a couple of their freebies from events or something. They are a brand I ignore dew to them pricing themselves too high in the belief that they are superior to all others. They can go dew themselves.

I don't think the price is too high at all, not when you get a fatpack. There are other stores charging 750 or even 1200L for the same thing, not to mention stores who charge 400L for a single colour pack. Their pricing is quite reasonable.

• Like 5

Well, I was sorting hair and came across this beauty I picked up in 2014.  It's a Truth hair called Bebe.  I have no idea if its available still.  It moves a bit and can be resized with SL editing tools.  I didn't spend time fitting it properly because I was too busy giggling to myself, but it is HUGE.  Truth had a couple older hairs that were pretty big, but this was biggest.  Deja was pretty big, too, if I remember correctly.

image.thumb.jpeg.bd562ef39c7a8e19b7d69dc780fa5de1.jpeg

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 276 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.