When Do you guys actually say ''this is my look'

Subscribedd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think it really clicked when I found a facial mole that was positioned very close to where I have one in RL. Like..."ok, now it's me!" When I switched to EvoX, one of the things I just had to do before making the switch was find one in almost the same place.

(It's apparently not a fashionable place to put one! It was harder to find than you might think.)

• Like 4

The only identifier I wear is my little stripe under my eye, which is a tribute tat that I made back when Lisa" Left Eye" Lopes passed away..

Everything else is up for grabs to change on any day..

I haven't really ever settled on something I would call, My look..  I love making different looks too much to settle on just one..

• Like 6

My sl self does not look like my rl self.... We share features but we look nothing alike. Due to not having a set idea of what I wanted my avatar to look like when I created it, each new component  I add to it has somewhat changed it. I'm on my third head and had different looks with each head. My favourite look is the one on my profile pic. It uses the prim lelutka head, and  I would describe it be doll like. The eyes are  quite large and  the lips and nose quite small. I have gotten the most compliments  on that particular look. I then went through a phase where I felt like I needed my avi to look more realistic. I attempted to make  a more realistic looking avi which is my second favourite, but I might go back to the unrealistic doll like look. These two look the most alike and if I ever stick to a look it will be this.The one with glasses is my favourite and the one without is the one that is supposed to be more realistic and my second favourite. 

In terms of fashion I would describe my style as very 50s.In RL I sew which is a big help, but on sl I haven't really found the style that I like so I just wear any clothes that I like from any style.There isn't a set style. The one with glasses is my favourite and the one without is the one that is supposed to be more realistic and my second favourite. 

Overall I would say,have fun.If you have a reference that you really love, whether that be a real life person or even an avatar you created, trying to get as close to that reference will keep your look consistent. But that's not a rule you can change as little or as much as you like. 

Snapshot_3433.png.aa43dd7b367d7885591565f2dcc062d1 (2).png

Snapshot_521(1).png.b38a7148cd296cc8584c5c68f4e74ccc (2).png

• Like 4

My avatar has had the same basic look for 13 yrs.. flower child/Bond girl/biker chick all mixed up together. Walelu (Sukie) was my alt but Ive sunk soooo many Lindens into her over the years that she is now my one and only. My first avatar is a dusty old Ruth.. God bless her 😑

• Like 3

I don't have one, I'm always changing up my look. I think the longest I've ever gone without changing it up is a few months. I have avatars of all ages, human, dinkie, furries, animals, etc. One of the things that drew me to SL (along with needing a social outlet), was the ability to change things up at will. I'm just kind of like, if I can opt to be whatever I want, whenever I want, why would I want to be the same thing all the time.

• Like 1

My avatar is always changing and evolving, but the one thing that rarely ever changes is I almost always try to include at least one thing that's coloured pink (my favourite). Hair, clothes, wristbands, lipstick, even the text on my shirt can have it as long as it's there somewhere. It's a key identifier of my internet persona and "look" and has been for a long time now.

So it was logical that the very next avatar I made was almost all pink!

For many years I changed my look almost daily, even skin color. I started as a black woman that someday had white spots, then I was asian, after that a white, blonde woman. 

With time I found a look, a head and a shape that felt like me, although she doesn't look like the real me. I tried it but it looked awful 😂

As a kid I had long, blonde hair so I went with that. Nowadays I wear it in a bun always, my eyes are green like in RL and I'm kinda slim. I tried curvy but it doesn't feel like me.

Since some months I went back to a look I had when I joined SL back in 2009, I became a Na'vi again and I love it. Would be awesome to meet other Na'vi somewhere else except on the sim where I roleplay. Why am I a Na'vi now almost 24/7? Men don't hit on me with awful messages any more. It's peaceful ☺️

In between I sometimes change to a cat or, like today, a mermaid. But after exploring certain areas I always go back to my Na'vi-self 👋☺️

Edited by Sabrina Nebula

never the whole reaso i even play SL is the avi creator i have no look nore ever plan on keeping to one ive mastered the avi creator my first week in SL i love doing defrent looks be them male or female i am not hear to escape from real life im hear to create some of my old avis i have made 

Screenshot 2022-08-21 150422 - Copy (2).png

Screenshot 2022-08-21 150334 - Copy (2).png

Screenshot 2022-08-26 212018 - Copy (2).png

Screenshot 2022-08-26 211803.png

Screenshot 2022-09-06 204118.png

Screenshot 2022-09-02 231011.png

Edited by XuXiLiang
  • Like 1

I'll change up my look for different roleplay characters and my day to day style shifts around, but my main av has been a dark skinned woman with black hair since 2008 and I'm happy with that. I landed on it after experimenting with a bunch of different styles early in my SL, trying different body types and skin tones. Dark and skinny just felt right. Meanwhile, my boy av started as an albino woman, then turned into an asian man for a roleplay character. I liked the look so much that I stuck with it, though he's evolved into something of a femboy recently.

I think you know you have your look when you just feel totally like yourself while using an av. You don't feel like you're putting on an act or a character, it's just you, and returning to that look feels like wearing a pair of your favorite jeans. 

Before I switched to a female body, I had one distinct look, even my outfit rarely changed (except upgrades to quality). These days, I change my outfit regularly. I don't know what to call my "style" - mostly I tend to wear beach style outfits - shorts and little tanktops or bikini tops. 

My body is fairly consistent - tall, red hair (usually long), subtly-pointed elf-ears, freckles, greenish-grey eyes, missing an arm. I rarely wear makeup and I usualy have a bit of stubble on my face.

On 7/17/2023 at 1:18 AM, Subscribedd said:

When do you guys actually say 'this is my look'?

Hmm... about a decade before Second Life was even a twinkle in Philip Rosedale's eye.  My signature look (long-ish ginger hair and facial scruff) has been my look since the day I started, but it's been a thing for me since a dream I had way back in the 90s. I've updated for quality over time but I haven't changed a bit 😁

Below: 2008 and 2023

old_3.jpg.6219e6c2d177f9dc62bc5279bbccc0e2.jpg

L22_040s.thumb.png.22b53e63d7937dfb34fa4764402de487.png

I was an Alt, which sounds like a bad title to a secondlife movie.  My main was brunette and more like I am in real.  Chery Amore.. or Cherylinn Resident prior to the name change was an alt I wanted to explore my "bimbo" side on created in 2011.  But all I did was log in and play dress up barbie for about a year.  I joined some groups but was too shy/introverted to try to put myself out there that way and eventually lost interest and saw it as a lost cause... exploration wise.
In 2016 I met someone and I suggested dusting that old alt off because he seemed to be genuinely okay that I wanted to be a sexualized bubbly bimbo with big boobs.  Crazy that, right??  It was hard to believe I know.  Anyway, she became my main after a couple of years of split personality between her an my main. It was an interesting process. I still log onto what use to be my main but she's the alt now...and easier to be on when I'm in an unshakeably bad mood. Chery doesn't like to be in a bad mood.
Other than hair fluctuations and narrowing the choice of color for clothing I wasn't much different I think just more updated as new mesh came out.
I have settled on basically only wearing pink and white with silver jewelry, usually platform heels and feet that obviously never bend unless I shove them into rollerskates.. light blonde or lighter pink hair. So I've found my look for at least 5 years now, I just update the mesh now and then. I'm very comfortable in Chery's skin.

Cherylinnprofile.png.16bd9f0dc64f91c71cde9a48c82546f7.pngChery2017.thumb.png.ddf7ddde39bef93c3d30e214b8f3c93b.png

plasticchery(2).thumb.png.a7b27c93713cfc3fb75aa2ac02bc3c82.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 293 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.