New Mystery Theme!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

35 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We have a type of Dutch home, they float on water, there is 8 of them.   That is where the design and inspiration for houseboats came from.  

Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegarette ... could be any of the next themes.

Glad you mention it Patch, I would never have thought it had a link to the fairly popular houseboats in the Netherlands.
It might be inspired on them but they certainly don't look like most of them.

A common traditional houseboat in Amsterdam: Renovated former river cargo boat.

Nieuw-Amsterdams-Klimaat-AGV-woonschip-imgart1938_3.jpg

But the more modern ones might have a bit of resemblance with some of the Belli houseboats, that's true.

The environment of the houseboats is totally not Dutch, but it is a really nice theme though.
Praise the forces it is not crammed with tulips, wooden shoes and windmills.  😁

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

Thinking of the Netherlands: Zaanse Schans would be a nice theme IMHO.
Flat polder landscape with lots of grass with small fairly straight canals, a few windmills here and there and then these type of houses:

Historische-gebouwen-op-de-Zaanse-Schans.jpg

Zaanseschans_07_2014_-_panoramio.jpg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Thousand Isand - ranch

Blue cheese - French??

Balsamic Vinegarette - Italian ??

Ranch = American rural

Balsamic Vinegrette - Patch indicated an Adult theme on Lab Gab, though this might just be a joke = Italian villas?

Thousand Island = Venician?, Tropical?

Blue Cheese = French countryside? 

Ceasar = Neoclassical?

Green Goddess = Bayou?

Pickle Juice = Trailer Park?

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We have a type of Dutch home, they float on water, there is 8 of them.   That is where the design and inspiration for houseboats came from.  

Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, 

Not Green Cheese? (Still pushing for a Jetson's space theme 😉)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Glad you mention it Patch, I would never have thought it had a link to the fairly popular houseboats in the Netherlands.
It might be inspired on them but they certainly don't look like most of them.

A common traditional houseboat in Amsterdam: Renovated former river cargo boat.

Nieuw-Amsterdams-Klimaat-AGV-woonschip-imgart1938_3.jpg

But the more modern ones might have a bit of resemblance with some of the Belli houseboats, that's true.

The environment of the houseboats is totally not Dutch, but it is a really nice theme though.
Praise the forces it is not crammed with tulips, wooden shoes and windmills.  😁

We did not design them to look like the canal/river boats,  they are more like the modern flotillas of house boats abroad.  We used a good bit of reference material that my Husband took as he is from the Netherlands.   

Like every theme out there, they came from and took inspiration from something, somewhere and the arguments of one way or another, one country over the other are tiresome and worn out.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

This looks to be a teaser for a future theme (from today's Lab Gab) - Patch said "We find ourselves standing in front of some sort of Linden homes it looks like - I wonder what theme this is?"

A challenge from Patch to guess what it is😁

Screenshot 2023-06-27 214851.jpg

Given the details in this photo it's unlikely that the actual Thousand Islands region (straddling the Canada/New York border along Lake Ontario) is the inspiration, however, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Stockholm, built on many islands. The Old Town, Gamla Stan, has lots of lovely 17th/18th century buildings, with rendered exteriors and sash windows. (I don't know if there are local ordinances about this, but most of the buildings in this area adhere to a limited palette of cream/taupe/gold/rose-pink/amber - very warm colors that are beautiful and harmonious when seen from the water.) The buildings are generally 5 or more storeys tall, but perhaps could be adapted to 2 storeys.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

one country over the other are tiresome and worn out.  

Americana seems to be considered the exception though, just saying. 
Traditional, Victorian and now the ranch theme ....

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Americana seems to be considered the exception though, just saying. 
Traditional, Victorian and now the ranch theme ....

They have "ranches" in other countries besides the United States of America.

I've known people who moved to Brazil for ranching. Just an example.

I assume people who live in "ranches" also have homes.

Just like, "farmhouse" is not necessarily an "American" style.  Other countries have "farms" also, ostensibly with "houses".

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They have "ranches" in other countries besides the United States of America.

I've known people who moved to Brazil for ranching. Just an example.

I assume people who live in "ranches" also have homes.

Just like, "farmhouse" is not necessarily and "American" style.  Other countries have "farms" also, ostensibly with "houses".

Yes there are ranches all over the world, but IMHO these ranch buildings are textbook examples of Americana. Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. But it really is already the third theme that presents traditional American living.
And as Patch rightfully wrote "one country over the other are tiresome and worn out".

Well eh.... I rest my case.

Edit to add: And I forgot all about the log home theme...

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yes there are ranches all over the world, but IMHO these ranch buildings are textbook examples of Americana. Nothing wrong with that, don't get me wrong. But it really is already the third theme that presents traditional American living.
And as Patch rightfully wrote "one country over the other are tiresome and worn out".

Well eh.... I rest my case.

Well, Patch has already given hints that the other/next "Dressing" themes may not be "American".

So...if that is the "hint" and assumed "promise", I don't comprehend your complaint. 

Is it as simple as "want more countries", "hope LL follows through"?

I know that sometimes also, people just want to vent. (You're way above that! ..is why I tried to understand.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

This looks to be a teaser for a future theme (from today's Lab Gab) - Patch said "We find ourselves standing in front of some sort of Linden homes it looks like - I wonder what theme this is?"

A challenge from Patch to guess what it is😁

Screenshot 2023-06-27 214851.jpg

This doesn't really look like any specific RL architecture to me. 

• Like 3

Lol, this thread!

I'm choosing not to regard Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, or Balsamic Vinaigrette as hints as to what the themes might actually be, because ... that way lies madness. 

Are we ignoring the ACTUAL hint Patch mentioned?  

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegarette ... could be any of the next themes.

He's cautioning us that the picture might not show the NEXT theme, but any of the next three.  Do you buy it?  Or do you think that we've gotten too close in our guesses and he's trying to misdirect us, because Patch?

I wonder if  there's a few regions somewhere covered with mole prototypes of new themes.  THAT would be a fun place to visit!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

Damn I forgot to quote again.
@Love Zhaoying:

It is not venting, at least that is not where I'm after ...... it is hinting.
Bellisseria is beautifully made, it is not for nothing that I chose that part of SL for my shop activity. But only ah, oww, and wow posts.... I don't know.
I only point out my conclusions and try to give ideas, that's all. When one hopes for even better results, that doesn't automatically mean that the current results are no good.

There is very little to vent about Bellisseria. IMHO it the best inworld project that the Moles and Lindens ever produced so far, although their builds for SL20B, the new welcome experience and the new shopping mall come close.
But does one really have to include these kind of compliments every post, to not let it look like venting?

And yes, the rest of the world sometimes finds us Dutch a bit too direct/rude in our conversations.
But as Patch stated above, he has a Dutch husband, so he will understand that my intentions are friendly. 😁

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

@Frigga Freidman beat me to it, but "Blue Cheese" needs to be a space theme.

Into the wild "blue" yonder

the moon is made of "cheese"

Didn't SpaceX shoot a big wheel of Le Brouere cheese into space? 

There is a cannibis strain called Space Cheese

Blue Origin makes rockets

Okay, that all the silliness I have today.  (I still hope for a space theme)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is very little to vent about Bellisseria.

*cough* *cough* overrated *cough* 

Sorry, I hate risking annoying the Moles who work so hard!

8 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

But does one really have to include these kind of compliments every post, to not look like venting?

I dunno, but I hate making the Moles / Patch upset.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

@Frigga Freidman beat me to it, but "Blue Cheese" needs to be a space theme.

Into the wild "blue" yonder

the moon is made of "cheese"

Didn't SpaceX shoot a big wheel of Le Brouere cheese into space? 

There is a cannibis strain called Space Cheese

Blue Origin makes rockets

Okay, that all the silliness I have today.  (I still hope for a space theme)

There is a low-carb / Keto snack named, "Moon Cheese" which goes well on salads..(similar to croutons but made of cheese).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Sounds like a good possibility and it would make sense as they've already done Sakura homes with waterways.

Don’t forget the fantasy region. It is made up of a lot (a thousand?) islands, covered in waterways & some of the bridges already resemble Venetian ones. It’s a perfect template for a Venetian theme. I’d also love to see a Venetian community area built like Piazza San Marco. The moles could even flood it sometimes for authenticity!

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 357 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.