New Mystery Theme!

Evangeline Arcadia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So ... this would be "Thousand Island"? 

Stucco exterior ...  exterior molding detail up high ... something like exterior carved or mosaic details on purple home in back ... arched doorways ... rectangular windows ...

Keep in mind that I am ALWAYS wrong when guessing themes ....

Mediterranean?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So ... this would be "Thousand Island"? 

Stucco exterior ...  exterior molding detail up high ... something like exterior carved or mosaic details on purple home in back ... arched doorways ... rectangular windows ...

Keep in mind that I am ALWAYS wrong when guessing themes ....

Mediterranean?

Yeah, my first thought was Mediterranean.

• Like 2

@Sid Nagy,  Do those 2 buildings in the background - through the window & around the corner - look at all Dutch to you? Maybe inspired by old New York (New Amsterdam)?

If not, then I think Mediterranean is a good guess, since I think I might be seeing some red roof tiles to the right. 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

@Sid Nagy,  Do those 2 buildings in the background - through the window & around the corner - look at all Dutch to you? Maybe inspired by old New York (New Amsterdam)?

If not, then I think Mediterranean is a good guess, since I think I might be seeing some red roof tiles to the right. 

I don't think it is Dutch. A lot in Amsterdam is build in brick and a bit of wood here and there, not with plaster or concrete like the wall the Lindens are standing for.
I would go for Mediterranean too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Does anyone know if the remaining themes will only be for Premium Plus (2048) ?  or will there still be more themes for us Regular Premium members ?  Just curious.

Nobody but the Lindens and the Moles know things like that. My guess is that they'll make another 2048 m theme before they make another 1024 m theme. My reasoning is that they want more Premium Plus memberships, and giving PP+ members a couple options for homes will help with this. The rest of us Premium members have plenty of choices right now.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

Does anyone know if the remaining themes will only be for Premium Plus (2048) ?  or will there still be more themes for us Regular Premium members ?  Just curious.

At meet the Lindens last year Patch said they plan to introduce a number of new themes. I wouldn't expect them all to be PP. He lays out their plans including Premium Plus perks, updates to existing themes etc. from about 49:00

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Sparkly Rainbow said:

It depends on how many premium plus LL has and how big the interest will be of those members for a Belli home, I guess.
If I had a say, I personally would develop mixed themes like the Newbrooke ones where there are 512 and 1024 plots available.
But I totally understand they made a theme for 2048 only to start with, there is a gab to fill.

And I personally also would not go for only bigger houses  for the Premium Plus members.
Most want more LI to decorate their houses more detailed. So for most people the bigger indoor space will not be needed, it is all about the extra LI available.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

Most want more LI to decorate their houses more detailed. So for most the bigger indoor space will not be needed, it is all about the extra LI available.

I would love to see the current Victorian themed buildings additionally made available on 2048 sqm parcels. As Sid says, the extra LI would allow for more interior decor, and also the space for more ornamental style gardens of which the Victorians were so fond.

THAT would encourage me to upgrade to Premium Plus in a heartbeat! (Well, one of my alts anyway, as my houseboat location is a keeper).

• Like 7

Okay, let's drop in another line of speculation.
Yesterday evening I moved to a houseboat, excellent spot, nice view. A keeper.
This morning I spotted an ice field between the houseboat regions there.

A hint about upcoming themes?

dhWome4.jpg

I need to buy a polar jacket if I stay in this place. 🥶

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

dhWome4.jpg

If you look under there you will find a teleport to Mole land ... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Administrators

We have a type of Dutch home, they float on water, there is 8 of them.   That is where the design and inspiration for houseboats came from.  

Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegarette ... could be any of the next themes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I doubt it, that's been there for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

We have a type of Dutch home, they float on water, there is 8 of them.   That is where the design and inspiration for houseboats came from.  

Thousand Island, Blue Cheese, Balsamic Vinegarette ... could be any of the next themes.

Thousand Isand - ranch

Blue cheese - French??

Balsamic Vinegarette - Italian ??

• Like 2

Ok, I figured out a train of logic that takes me to a guess for a new theme.

When I was a cub, salad dressing was not "shelf stable". You had to mix packets with water, oil, and vinegar to make the dressing at home.

Plus, store-bought dressing wasn't very thick and you had to always "shake" it.

Then, manufacturers began adding "Xanthan Gum" as an ingredient to salad dressings, as a thickener. (It doesn't separate anymore, so you don't need to shake most salad dressings except "oil+vinegar" types.)  Now, almost all store-bought salad dressing include Xanthan Gum.

Salad Dressing => Xanthan Gum => Xanth => "Magic of Xanth" series by Piers Anthony => Fantasy theme!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xanth

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 305 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.