Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just need some memory help since I totally forgot to record the Ranch theme announcement and release dates on my Bellisseria spreadsheet.  Were the announcement and release both on the same date, June 26th, during the SL 20B celebrations?  Thanks for any help!  🤗 🤗

• Like 1

Here is what I have for the released themes since 2019. 

• Ranch – Released 26th June 2023
  • Sakura  Announced at Bellisseria Third Birthday Celebrations (15th April 2022) – Released 16th May 2022
  • Modern (Newbrooke) – Announced/Revealed at SL Christmas Expo (6th December 2022) – Released 3rd March 2022
  • Fantasy – Announced at SL18B – Reveal on 17th June 2021 – Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes – Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) – Reveal on 4th December – Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes – Announced at SL17B (June 2020) – Reveal on 24th June – Start of release (test regions+) – 21st December
  • Log Homes – Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) – Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes – Announced early December 2019 – Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers – Announced at SL16B (June 2019) – Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats – Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) – Released on 15th April 2019 
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Here is what I have for the released themes since 2019. 

• Ranch – Released 26th June 2023
  • Sakura  Announced at Bellisseria Third Birthday Celebrations (15th April 2022) – Released 16th May 2022
  • Modern (Newbrooke) – Announced/Revealed at SL Christmas Expo (6th December 2022) – Released 3rd March 2022
  • Fantasy – Announced at SL18B – Reveal on 17th June 2021 – Released 12th August 2021
  • Chalet Homes – Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) – Reveal on 4th December – Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes – Announced at SL17B (June 2020) – Reveal on 24th June – Start of release (test regions+) – 21st December
  • Log Homes – Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) – Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes – Announced early December 2019 – Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers – Announced at SL16B (June 2019) – Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats – Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) – Released on 15th April 2019 

Two themes a year seems to be the standard, can't wait for next theme this year.

• Like 2

How many are in the plan? I had thought 10 was the plan (originally), but I suspect I am remembering incorrectly.

Is there perhaps no planned end now - just go until it seems "done"?

As for Ranch - after my main got blocked on picking a lot - I cycled through 4 lots today (I'm sure only 4 - that's all I've got in my TP history, but it wouldn't let me go a 5th time). First one was a ranch and I just can't get into the theme.

I did notice there is one almost comically small house (when compared to the others). If I were to go with ranch that small one is the one for me as it has no inside doors. Doors on the inside has been -THE- blocker for me for a number of themes in the past - the big reason I like Chalets is a few of them have 2 stories with no doors inside. I don't like anything I have to click on to be able to move through. I always script my own doors to work on collision.

But the regions and such just don't grab me. The theme I had put in a ticket for used to also be that way for me, but it grew on me and my ticket was part of a plan to switch this account and my main's themes - matching quality in the locations.

That said, I noticed the neighbors have put up some good stuff. Some people are using that small home as a way to have space in the backyard for a bunch of other in theme buildings. I imagine if I did go for a ranch, the little travelling caravan I got from Trompe Loell recently for my mainland plot would fit in great back there. It's also probably the ONLY Belli home were I could fit my animesh 'chocobo' (bird mount) and similar. I managed to get that thing out on my old camper for a time - but leaving me with only 3LI and eventually I needed 4 land impact for something...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

Twelve of them contain Ranch houses, while one (Caribou) is an empty Homestead sim, like those found at Penitence, Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion10Sep2023.thumb.png.da936f80129bce5173ae74f248b6d2af.png

The thirteen new regions are named:

Okay Chorale, Jellyside Downs, Dreadmore Falls, Caribou (Homestead), Three Aces, Mynahs Rest, Miz Trueheart.

Donegal, Luvya, Tree Fiddy.

Sweetiepie, Sneaky Pete, Rileys Branch.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2023 at 12:30 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

How many are in the plan? I had thought 10 was the plan (originally), but I suspect I am remembering incorrectly.

Is there perhaps no planned end now - just go until it seems "done"?

[snip]

I did notice there is one almost comically small house (when compared to the others). If I were to go with ranch that small one is the one for me as it has no inside doors. Doors on the inside has been -THE- blocker for me for a number of themes in the past - the big reason I like Chalets is a few of them have 2 stories with no doors inside. I don't like anything I have to click on to be able to move through. I always script my own doors to work on collision.

[snip]

The Linden Homes and Community Regions areas at the Belli Hub and Linden Homes Demos regions currently allow space for one more theme. I'm sure LL could add more if they want, though.

You may be able to set your interior doors so they stay open. Check the settings in your controller box.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

They need to appear not up there, but down below and on the east to fill in the space between ranches and coast and then complete that coast...

I'm looking forward to that southern coast being completed too, but it might take more Mole-hours to finish than filling in house regions, especially if it ends up having a rail line going around the whole island. I'm looking forward to the Northern Log Home coast being completed too, so folks can sail completely around the Welcome Hub sea in a circle.

Oooo, what if there were navigatable water around the WelcomeHub too?  Sailing races?

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You may be able to set your interior doors so they stay open. Check the settings in your controller box.

Yeah. What I've wanted was the ability to have the doors that lead outside autoclose, but the doors inside the home stay open once I open them.

It should be as easy as tracking them on a different variable.

if door type == 'inside door" && 'outside-only auto' == true { don't run autoclose }

Instead of autoclose being true or false flags, it could be a 4 value setting: yes, no, outside only, inside only. And then we just add a doortype flag to each door for inside or outside.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Oooo, what if there were navigatable water around the WelcomeHub too?  Sailing races?

Yeah. You need a good number of regions for good sailing races that also lacks too many other scripted objects - a ring around the welcome hub would do that.

There actually are many places in Belli that would make for great sailing races - I'm surprised they aren't being used for that. Unless they are and I'm just not aware. These days I feel like there are better sailing waters in Belli than Blake Sea - though Blake Sea still has many great options.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today.

The thirteen new regions are named:

Okay Chorale, Jellyside Downs, Dreadmore Falls, Caribou (Homestead), Three Aces, Mynahs Rest, Miz Trueheart.

Donegal, Luvya, Tree Fiddy.

Sweetiepie, Sneaky Pete, Rileys Branch.

These appear to already be half claimed. So far I've just found claim dates back to yesterday on the 9th. But it looks like they're going fast.

What's the goal with those Homestead regions? Now that they're making several of them there must be some plan there.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MilleBliss said:

Anyone have a clue why there are several ranch regions left empty? Overall, Blind Pete, Penitence, Caribou, Briar Hill, Bobcat Ridge and Junco have remained empty as more regions spring up around them.

No idea what they have planned but they are Homesteads, so something other than housing....

• Like 4

Initial releases are handled by using clone tiles, so that they can place houses quickly. Regions that aren't intended to be clones might have an empty region left in place. Usually this is because it'll be a community region, water channel or other open space. Sometimes these regions end up with some houses too, but they'd be added individually rather than being a region clone. So none of that happens until things settle down and there's time to work on it.

In this case, they're working on something else in their build area, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're aiming for another theme release before they go back to fill out those empty regions and the coast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Does anyone know when they will be releasing more Ranch homes?  I bit the bullet and purchased the Premium Plus pkg for the year.  I gave up my stilt home (which I loved) and Started my search for a much anticipated Ranch home only to find out there are none available ...Zero! Am I upset about this, well yes I am. *sighs*

• Sad 6

18 hours ago, Alexandria Vezina said:

Does anyone know when they will be releasing more Ranch homes?  I bit the bullet and purchased the Premium Plus pkg for the year.  I gave up my stilt home (which I loved) and Started my search for a much anticipated Ranch home only to find out there are none available ...Zero! Am I upset about this, well yes I am. *sighs*

I am so sorry that happened to you Alexandria. I would be upset too.. but I know they are working on more 2048 homes so hopefully it wont be that long of a wait.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am so sorry that happened to you Alexandria. I would be upset too.. but I know they are working on more 2048 homes so hopefully it wont be that long of a wait.

Yes, I will be patient or perhaps even challenge myself to decorate another style of home that I wouldn't normally have chosen 😊

• Like 3

It's worth checking periodically through out the time you're online to see if any ranch homes are available - you may just get lucky and check right after someone has abandoned theirs.  I've had to do this for Trads or some of the popular stilt styles that often have 0 availability, and usually I've been able to get one within a week or so of trying.  

• Like 4

Yes people do abandon their ranches for various reasons.. like the next month premium coming due and having a tight RL budget, finding another home they like better, etc.

When it is tight like this (0 availability), most of the ones abandoned are nicer than average locations, because people are not abandoning in hopes of getting a nicer place or playing game of homes. So if you are able to land a ranch by checking the page several times during the day, you have good odds of getting a really nice one.

For a couple of weeks (before my internet connection got "testy"), I was checking the page 10 to 12 times a day and reporting in the "Bellisseria Help Group" when a rare location became available. This included Ranches, Stilt over Water, Stilt on Pier and Victorians. And I would see at least 1 ranch most days during those checks. So they are popping up, but they are quickly claimed when they do pop up. That is why persistence  will be necessary.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, MoiraKathleen said:

It's worth checking periodically through out the time you're online to see if any ranch homes are available - you may just get lucky and check right after someone has abandoned theirs.  I've had to do this for Trads or some of the popular stilt styles that often have 0 availability, and usually I've been able to get one within a week or so of trying.  

I have been checking...without becoming obsessive about it hahah Thanks for the reply 😃

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.